View Poll Results: How do you feel about AP's worn on lanyards for all to see?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • It irks me

15 13.16%
  • I don't care

87 76.32%
  • I never noticed

11 9.65%
  • Thanks a lot, now it will be all I see!

1 0.88%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• A Happy Haunt

How do you feel about AP's worn on lanyards?

I've read a lot of animosity towards AP holders.
    So I ask, based on seeing several people wearing their AP on a lanyard.
    personally, I just don't "get" why you'd wear an AP on a lanyard. They check it at the gate and when you purchase food/merch. When I purchase food/merch, I usually open my wallet, which also holds my AP. seems simple enough, doesn't it?

how do you feel about it.

Please explain your vote.

Thanks!

Re: How do you feel about AP's worn on lanyards?

Before I explain my vote, I'll say that no DL news would make me happier than the elimination of the AP program. That said, I'm an AP holder and I have no bones with other AP holders. It's a terrible program, but as long as it exists, I don't have a problem with people taking advantage of it.

As far as lanyards, I don't care at all. If that makes it easy for people, who am I to complain? I don't like the feeling of the lanyard on my neck, so I don't do it.
    Last edited by lalolovesme; 05-20-2013 at 09:24 AM. Reason: fat fingers

• Insert Hilarious Title

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwingdolt View Post
    I've read a lot of animosity towards AP holders.
    So I ask, based on seeing several people wearing their AP on a lanyard.
    personally, I just don't "get" why you'd wear an AP on a lanyard. They check it at the gate and when you purchase food/merch. When I purchase food/merch, I usually open my wallet, which also holds my AP. seems simple enough, doesn't it?

how do you feel about it.

Please explain your vote.

Thanks!
    I would assume it would be also for easy access to use the AP to get a Fastpass, as well.

Oh, and I voted "I don't care" because, well, it has zero influence in my Parks experience.
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

• -

I think it looks ridiculous, but to each his own.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• formerly very helpful

Ditto.

When I had an AP I kept it in my wallet. It was easy enough to take it out when I needed it.
    I guess if you wear clothes with no pocket, and don't want to carry around a purse (mostly for the girls), it may make sense.
    However, if people wanted to wear it stapled to their foreheads I wouldn't care, since it just doesn't affect me.

• Circle of Ancients

I always kept my AP in my wallet. I know they market them as "Fastpass Holders" but I always felt it was a way for people to "show off" their AP's.

If there was some advantage to having an AP other than park admission (like priority seating, etc) then I could see the point.

For example, at the Sea World/Busch parks certain passes come with certain perks where you kind of need to wear the pass on a lanyard. But that doesn't exactly apply at Disney.

• keh!

I don't really care. It does look it's a way to show off your pass but it doesn't bother me. I always kept my pass in my wallet as well. But when it came to actually being at the parks, I would keep it in my pocket outside of my wallet. That way when it came to getting a discount on food or grabbing a fastpass, it was easy to reach in and take it out. I don't like to wear lanyards, they bother the back of my neck.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

When I bought my USH AP last year it came already with a lanyard attached. I just kept them I'm my glove box and wore them whenever we went to that park. If it didn't come with a lanyard I probably would have just kept it in my wallet. And even though I wore the USH lanyard I never specifically bought a lanyard for my DL AP.

What's interesting is that you never see Knott's pass holders wearing lanyards. Although maybe I'm just not noticing?

The only benefit I could see is if you don't want to take your purse/wallet out each time to get and use Fast Passes. When I got a 4 day pass last year I bought it from a ticket agent in advance and got an AP-style plastic card and a complimentary lanyard but never used the lanyard. Some people don't want to get their pass out each time they get a FP. To each their own, I guess. I never really notice or care whether someone has a lanyard, much less pay attention to whether the lanyard has an annual pass or a multi-day ticket in it.

I guess we are/were one of those people and it had absolutely nothing to do with showing off our AP. My DH wears the lanyard that has the holder on the bottom and it holds passes and FPs. It's a very easy and convenient place to keep them and they don't get bent from being in a pocket. We don't have APs anymore but it serves the exact same purpose with PH as it did with APs. I never even notice if people have APs or regular passes or just FPs in it because I don't look because I don't care. The only reason I look at someone's lanyard is to see what pins they have.

•   
    • Minion

I don't concern myself with what other people choose to wear at the park. If they choose to wear a lanyard, or a pin lanyard, or a rubber chicken around their neck, it's their prerogative. Why would I care? I have other things to see at the parks.

Having said that I've worn an AP lanyard a few times, and it was for exactly the reason mentioned by TTFN. The very last thing I was thinking of was displaying my AP to anyone else. In fact I think the AP was usually shoved behind the generic "Disney Fastpass holder" card. I was wearing it because it was easier to quickly access the Fastpasses, my AP and my ID that way, rather than rummaging in my bag every time I needed them. I know a lot of people carry their wallets/IDs in their pockets, but I don't feel that's EVER safe, especially in a public crowded area. Wearing the lanyard made it easy to grab what I needed without rummaging in the bag. APs do give a discount in the stores, and that's another reason, besides Fastpasses, that someone might need to access their card several times a day.

Now I have a bag with a zippered exterior compartment so I can safely stow the passes/etc. without the lanyard.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

When I did wear a lanyard it mostly held my pins. That was also when I was a pin trader.
    Now I keep it in my wallet. But seeing lanyards on others doesn't bother me either way.

Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    I guess we are/were one of those people and it had absolutely nothing to do with showing off our AP. My DH wears the lanyard that has the holder on the bottom and it holds passes and FPs. It's a very easy and convenient place to keep them and they don't get bent from being in a pocket. We don't have APs anymore but it serves the exact same purpose with PH as it did with APs. I never even notice if people have APs or regular passes or just FPs in it because I don't look because I don't care.
    This

This one time on Friends . . .

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

I wear a lanyard with my AP, Fastpasses, drivers license and debit card all the time since I don't care what other people think.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Even non ap'ers use lanyards for storing their park single day and multi day passes. It does make it easier to hold all your disney entrance tickets, fastpasses, and photo pass cards, and some still use the lanyard for pin trading. As for storing the AP in it, the AP can now be used as your photopass card and for discounts when making purchases, as wellvas obtaining fastpasses. Personally, I don't like to pull out my wallet, each time I need tovuse my pass. And quite frankly, I think they area LOT less annoying than those new wristbands at WDW

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast