View Poll Results: Who creates a believable pier / boardwalk ?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • DCA's Paradise Pier is like the real thing

13 36.11%
  • Knott's makes me feel like I'm at the beach

3 8.33%
  • Neither, but I give the edge to Disney

19 52.78%
  • Neither, but I'll go with Knott's

0 0%
  • They're about equal

1 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: Knott's Boardwalk vs. Disney California Adventure's Paradise Pier

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Questionable: meaning up for debate. A matter of opinion. A question of taste.

And as DisneyIPresume pointed out: I'm talking about the new remodeled Boardwalk at Knott's, which I've seen images of, which made me wonder if their new improved Boardwalk is more realistic ocean themed experience.

I think your statement: "Disney will always win up against Knotts" says it all, thank you for contributing your thoughts to the discussion.

Maybe we should throw up a POLL.
    I'm a theme park fan, I have no desire for unthemed roller coasters/spinners and unfortunately that is the direction where Knotts is going. Disney will always win in my opinion because they deliver what I personally look for in an amusement park, which is immersive themed attractions and shows. Knotts has given up on that and is focusing on coasters, which is fine if you like that. To each their own, it's just not my cup of tea.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DownwiththeTide View Post
    In my opinion. The combination of the Cove Bar and California Screamin is better than anything the berry farm has to offer.
    Lol heck yea. I love love love the Cove Bar. <3

• MaliBOOMer

Paradise Pier:
    California Screemin'
    Toy Story Mania
    Little Mermaid
    Goofy Sky School
    Mickey's Fun Wheel
    Carousel
    World of Color

Knotts Boardwalk:
    2 Flat rides
    Mad Mouse Coaster
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
    I know it's not good etiquette to slam the underdog but at the same time we shouldn't elevate Knotts to a level that it isn't at. There is NO way the neon colored coaster-filled boardwalk looks better than the Victorian Paradise Pier. I'm sorry but it's laughable to even suggest that it's on par with PP.
    That's exactly what I thought. I mean I understand Paradise Pier isn't a lot of people's favorite land but I feel like people are just using Knott's boardwalk as a way to put down Paradise Pier on the hate bandwagon. Sure the new boardwalk look nice, especially for Knott's, but it isn't even on the same playing field as Paradise Pier in my opinion.

• Hello Dolly.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    What we are talking about isn't open yet. It wasn't inspiring and it was dried out. What we are talking about is the remodel of that area. In that regard the concept art at least to me looks more like something you would find along the ocean. As CA says, PP looks more like a collection of sea themed buildings placed around a lake more than on an ocean.
    I was speaking of the boardwalk area overall. I do like what they are doing with the expansion though, as I stated.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brandond6 View Post
    That's exactly what I thought. I mean I understand Paradise Pier isn't a lot of people's favorite land but I feel like people are just using Knott's boardwalk as a way to put down Paradise Pier on the hate bandwagon.
    Just pointing out Disney's competition; see also the thread on Universal Studios Hollywood vs. DCA's Hollywood Land:

DCA's Hollywood Land vs. Universal Studios Hollywood

Sure the new boardwalk look nice, especially for Knott's, but it isn't even on the same playing field as Paradise Pier in my opinion.
    You get a vote, and I appreciate the feedback. Time for a poll?
    Last edited by CaliforniaAdventurer; 05-22-2013 at 09:11 PM.

• Sock Puppet

Poll time!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
    Poll time!
    OK kids, everyone can get in the poll.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    My gut feeling is that this is gong to be a huge summer for Knotts. For sure it won't beat out DL but I think this summer will be very good for Knotts. The Boardwalk really isn't that big of a deal in relation to the Log Ride re-opening next week. THAT is going to be huge. And really at least to me is way more exciting than Disney's lame "Monstrous Summer" campaign.
    yeah. i think the crowds will big this summer at knotts. i think it will suceed. which is a good thing. i take knotts boardwalk over any day of the week over paradise pier.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    yeah. i think the crowds will big this summer at knotts. i think it will suceed. which is a good thing. i take knotts boardwalk over any day of the week over paradise pier.

So what exactly would you take any day of the week the three theme-less rides or they atmosphere?

because PP had plenty theme-less pier/boardwalk rides and everyone complained so they did a little update....

now Knotts is adding no new exciting ride or even dark ride and its apparently better then pp because why?

It can't be the rides so does the aesthetic look really make up for all that pp has to offer such as woc,tmm,screamin,gss and on and on
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Paradise Pier:
    California Screemin'
    Toy Story Mania
    Little Mermaid
    Goofy Sky School
    Mickey's Fun Wheel
    Carousel
    World of Color

Knotts Boardwalk:
    2 Flat rides
    Mad Mouse Coaster
    Doesn't the "Boardwalk" area of Knott's also include Wipeout, Supreme Scream, Boomerang, and Xcelerator?

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by d.N.d. View Post
    So what exactly would you take any day of the week the three theme-less rides or they atmosphere?

because PP had plenty theme-less pier/boardwalk rides and everyone complained so they did a little update....

now Knotts is adding no new exciting ride or even dark ride and its apparently better then pp because why?

It can't be the rides so does the aesthetic look really make up for all that pp has to offer such as woc,tmm,screamin,gss and on and on
    i like it because its authentic and really works great for it and the atmosphere is great.i appreciated for what it is. less rides yes but one day that will change slowly like it is now.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

That's exactly what I thought. I mean I understand Paradise Pier isn't a lot of people's favorite land but I feel like people are just using Knott's boardwalk as a way to put down Paradise Pier on the hate bandwagon. Sure the new boardwalk look nice, especially for Knott's, but it isn't even on the same playing field as Paradise Pier in my opinion.
    Why is Paradise Pier so sacred? One can easily say there's a lot of hate on these boards towards Knotts and in this case the Boatdwalk.

Knotts doesn't have one of the world's largest media/entertainment companies backing it up. So what they do needs to be respected. IMO they did a good job in making a convincing boardwalk area considering the support and backing that they had. In fact when you look at it that way Disney could have built a pier that was totally convincing but they didn't. Sure they put in a ton of rides but it still feels like a bunch of rides surrounding a huge swimming pool. Compared to Knotts, which is giving at least an equally accurate representation, considering the limited resources it has to do so -- just think if it had the resources Disney has.

I wish people on these boards would respect Knotts a bit more than they do -- without Knotts imo DL would have failed or at least been not as successful. Walt Disney and Walter Knotts were good friends. Walt Disney consulted with Walter Knott when he was building Disneyland. And Walt Disney helped Walter Knott build the Calico Mine Ride (in fact design elements of the Calico Mine Ride can be seen in POTC). IMO to be a true Disney fan is to be a true Knotts fan. Sorry if that sounds elitist but its just my opinion.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Paradise Pier:
    California Screemin'
    Toy Story Mania
    Little Mermaid
    Goofy Sky School
    Mickey's Fun Wheel
    Carousel
    World of Color

Knotts Boardwalk:
    2 Flat rides
    Mad Mouse Coaster
    So your saying Knotts is better? Lol jk. DCA wins hands down, really no competition at all to be honest.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

No competition with rides or theming/atmosphere...Paradise Pier is light years better.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast