• #bringevilback

Napa Rose, Fantasmic! And Fireworks

This Sunday I took my parents to Napa Rose for dinner at the Chef's Counter and had a fabulous time! The food and service were both beyond fabulous! I'll take you guys on a photo journey through the meal...

After being seating and decidingon going with the Chef's tasting menu we were asked about any allergies, dislikes, and strong likes, as well as meat temperature. My only dislike was olives and my mom had only fish. Other than that we let them plan away, only requesting the scallop in lobster lemon sauce that my mom and I both knew we wanted, and the Mac and cheese.

We were then quickly brought our amuse bouche, a little cone with a spicy avocado purée and what appeared to be a salmon poke, with my mom's different, I think it was a coconut purée with beets on top.

My favorite part was we all got something different so we were able to try each others! Our first course I was served a partial plate of the seven sparkling sins (included lemon broiled scallop---my mom's favorite bite of the night!--curried crab taco, citrus cured salmon blini, shrimp wrapped in cucumber with lemon dill creme, and seared ahi nacho), my mom was served the beet salad with cara cara oranges, endive and mizuna with a Meyer lemon vinaigrette and honey goat cheese, and my dad was served the smiling tiger salad. All were phenomenal and we quickly devised a plan to eat 1/3 of the plate and pass, although we often found we ended up with our own plates back in front of us, which speaks well of the chef and his choices for us!

Our second course was the only duplicate plate, which was by request. My mom and I got the Scallop with a lobster, lemon, vanilla sauce and my dad got the sustainable fish of the day which was Ono, I think, with Roasted Golden Cauliflower Couscous and Cranberry-Walnut Pesto.

The third course was my favorite! I got served a mushroom risotto, my mom got the Bellwether Farms Ricotta "Malfatti" with pancetta and rapini fennel puree and my dad got the braised spring rabbit and portobello ragu with an absolutely fantastic sweet potato polenta.

Our meat was our least favorite, mostly because we were already getting full, so we took most of it home, but all were still great! I got New York strip in an adobo sauce over root veggies, my mom had filet over asparagus purée, and my dad had the braised short rib over mashed potatoes. We were also given a full side of Mac and cheese with this course...a tie for my favorite bite of the night with the risotto!

We were given our choice for dessert and my dad got the chocolate pâté, I got the goat cheese cheese cake, and my mom went with the pineapple turnovers. We took bites of each others but all likes our own the best!

It was so fun to watch the activity in the kitchen (and see how different it really is from what you see on tv like Hell's Kitchen!) and ask questions and interact with both the chefs and servers.

I went into the park afterwards and enjoyed fantasmic and fireworks, probably for the last time for a whle since my pass expires next week and it was a magical (get it?) finish to a wonderful evening!

ps...can someone help me figure out how to put the pictures inline? They are only showing up as attachments...
    Attached Images Attached Images                   

• Selfie Expert

Re: Napa Rose, Fantasmic! And Fireworks

I use photobucket for my photos, and am really bad at it... so hoepfully someone a little more saavy than myself can help you out.

That being said, your photos still did the job of making me drool and really want to try Napa Rose!! Thank you so much for sharing!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Former Churro Jockey

That sounds wonderful, but for people who aren't familiar with Napa Rose, you might want to mention what your final bill was. My experience is that you can expect to pay $100 per person or so. It's definitely worth it, but it has to be a very special occasion and no more than once a year (and more like once ever couple of years, last time I was there was 2008) for me.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Disney Fan 4 Life

It sounds like a wonderful experience, one that my husband and I hope to try when our daughter is a little older and able to appreciate it. (especially due to the cost factor, as the previous poster mentioned). Thank you for sharing it and your pictures!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• #bringevilback

Yes, it is expensive and not something I'd do every day as a result, but it is worth it for a one a season or once a year splurge. For the three of us it was $400 including tax and tip, and that for three tasting menus and one wine flight.

• #bringevilback

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    It sounds like a wonderful experience, one that my husband and I hope to try when our daughter is a little older and able to appreciate it. (especially due to the cost factor, as the previous poster mentioned). Thank you for sharing it and your pictures!
    You dont't have to order the tasting menu for the chef's counter, you can order off the regular menu. I'd guess there is probably a children's menu but I don't know for sure

• Disney Fan 4 Life

She eats the same as we do, since we introduced her to a broad spectrum of different tastes, which has led to a child with a palette that prefers adult meals to the kids menu most of the time..lol. However, she still needs a bit more work on the how to behave appropriately in a nice restaurant as she is very active. We figure in a couple of years she will be ready to do so. Nice to live vicariously through posts like this until then!
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• #bringevilback

Still, there is a regular adult menu that isn't quite as spendy as the tasting menu, however I loved being able to try so many different things, especially with there beng three of us!

Great job in raising your daughter to enjoy all types of food. I love when kids can appreciate all types of food and not eat only Mac and cheese or chicken nuggets!

• Seeker of Fun

Thanks for sharing. I've never been to the Napa Rose, but after hearing about your trip, I think I will try it out!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Thanks for sharing, we have never eaten their. Your pictures and thoughts were very informative.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I use photobucket for my photos, and am really bad at it... so hoepfully someone a little more saavy than myself can help you out.

That being said, your photos still did the job of making me drool and really want to try Napa Rose!! Thank you so much for sharing!
    I suggest you try it sooner, rather than later. Not really a family-friendly place.

• secure all cargo

Napa Rose is hands down my wife's and my favorite restaurant at any Disney resort, and probably my favorite restaurant period. Never had a dish there that wasn't fantastic.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

You did fine, it was wonderful, thanks for sharing

Warmly and Magically,

M.I. Mandrini Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hat mandrini line drawing large business card 2 resized down and centered.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	30543

• Co-Host of USWP

Fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing. The food looks incredible and I can only hope to experience it myself someday.

• #bringevilback

Thanks for your comments...I just can't stop thinking about that Mac and cheese!