Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Disney Damage Control - How I got 3 free days in the park

My jr high got to go to DL for a 8th grade grad trip. It was a big tradition at my school. I remember being so excited because it was my first trip to DL w/o my parents and a chaparone accompanying everywhere.
    LOL I am such a Disney fan that even on that trip I could not skip visiting the Disney Gallery.

•   
    • Minion

That's awesome they took care of you. My brother had an issue in WdW and they reimbursed his tickets for his whole trip after he got home. He wrote a very well written email to them about his situation. Please don't ask what happen because I won't share. The point is they do take customer service to heart. You just need to voice your opinion when it's legitimate not try to get free tickets for the heck of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Nice to hear about some positive experience regarding company feedback from coments.
    For the sake of others who may want to complain to Disney (or any other company for that matter), I'm sure your correspondance was politely written and professional in nature. No insults, threats, or expletives.

That's good advice!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Kosoy View Post
    I've heard of people getting free park hoppers for a day but never this much. The next time I go to Disney I'll try to complain
    I certainly hope no one goes on a trip looking for something to complain about to try and get something for free. (I'm not at all referring to you DrFink, I'm referring to the quoted reply above).

I am very happy to hear that you received a positive response. I think it's much more telling that they gave a personal response, implying that they are taking the feedback to heart, than that they gave free tickets. I hear so often about the "generic response" to most complaints, so this is a great improvement!

Enjoy your free days! Make sure you post a TR.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

I actually had the same situation last year. My wife and I took a nephew to disneyland (5 yrs old) last may, and had 3 day park hoppers. We knew nothing about grad nights and unfortunately our trip coincided with that. It was a nightmare. Kids screaming and yelling obscenities in line, knocking the kid over as they cut the line to meet up with friends...

We were also having bad luck with rides breaking down, and we're actually left on goofys sky school- forgotten actually- for 30 mins. Our car was stuck on the top level... We watched as the maintenance guy freed everyone else, and we assumed he'd return for us but didn't....he was very apologetic and kind though.

Anyhow, I emailed Disneyland, expecting nothing. Just wanted to voice my concerns about grad night kids being uncontrolled. They Called me a few days later asking for dates and times of ride breakdowns (the goofy ride specifically). The next day he called me back,said he confirmed that specific event and mailed us a letter good for three 3 day park hoppers, which we re using in November.

Very classy and unexpected.

Three years ago I took the family to Disneyland during Thanksgiving week. I knew it would be crowded but I didn`t know how bad it could get.We usually go during off season but didn`t want to take the kids out of school this time because of their grades .The longest lines, for everything, rides, food, rest rooms. The in laws had never seen Aladden so I wanted to take them , but it had the longest line I`d ever seen for it and just gave up.Same thing on most rides. I wrote an email saying how miserable a time we had, especially after paying so much for it. They sent me an apology and 3 No Strings Attached passes good for any ride for 6 people each with no expiration date.They were building Carsland at the time so I held onto them and used them last year with the family on RSR, great, worked like FP but with no time stamp.

I wrote in to Disney last week as well. I had gone to Disney the May 1-5. We had a marvelous time, no complaints whatsoever. I only wrote in because of reading the posts here about terrible Grad Night experiences and also because I have a dear friend up here in Canada who has booked her trip and now knows that she will be dealing with the Grad Nights 3 of the nights she is there. I felt compelled to write in a voice my concerns over how the traveller can and will have their experience ruined by the grad night overlaps into the park during the daytime. I told them I wasn't asking for anything, nor did I need a phone call or even an email response. I simply wanted to add my voice to the group of concerned patrons and hoping that they make changes going forward.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Kosoy View Post
    I've heard of people getting free park hoppers for a day but never this much. The next time I go to Disney I'll try to complain

I'm assuming that's a joke. Remember, most people are working really hard and doing their best. If there's a problem, it 's alright to bring it to people's attention, but not for the purpose of getting something. Just so they can solve problems and make it better for next time.
    If you are joking on the forums, it's best to add a or the letters jk (just kidding) so people will know.

I wrote a (friendly) complaint letter a few years back, and received two-day hoppers for my entire group. I was surprised by how responsive Disney was as well, and I've written letters of praise every trip since then.

So now i'm worried! We are coming for our yearly trip and will be in the park June 16 - 20. Is there a list of GN dates to check if they will be having any while we are there? (ive been an 8th grade teacher for 25 yrs...If i go to DL and have kids cutting in line and swearing around my 10 and 12 year old i might just go ninja!)

The flipside of this coin is to remember to take time an send in GOOD feedback. We had dinner at Carthay a few months ago and we had a great server. Sher was knowledgable, friendly and took time to just talk to us about whatever we brought up. She was really great. I sent in email feedback the following week to say how nice she was. I actually got a call back from Disney just to tell me they appreciated the feedback and that they let her area manager know she got positive feedback. Most of the time people will complain (rightfully so in some cases), but we don't usually do as good a job when it comes to someone doing a great job. Food for thought.
    -Marcus

• formerly very helpful

Very good point, Broadsword. Another nice byproduct of this is if it's a place you may frequent, they'll remember you. I've found I've gotten some extra good service, including some free stuff (without asking) since they got familiar with me, and knew I was one of the few who took the time to tell their bosses they were doing an outstanding job.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by BroadSword View Post
    The flipside of this coin is to remember to take time an send in GOOD feedback. We had dinner at Carthay a few months ago and we had a great server. Sher was knowledgable, friendly and took time to just talk to us about whatever we brought up. She was really great. I sent in email feedback the following week to say how nice she was. I actually got a call back from Disney just to tell me they appreciated the feedback and that they let her area manager know she got positive feedback. Most of the time people will complain (rightfully so in some cases), but we don't usually do as good a job when it comes to someone doing a great job. Food for thought.
    I agree 100%. I wrote two positive emails after my trip last fall and I got a response thanking me for my feedback. The responding CM said they were going to forward the compliments to the correct people so the CM's I was complimenting would get recognized.

And the intention of this thread was not to encourage people to complain just to get stuff for free. The CM's who respond to you do their research on your trip. The woman who dealt with me was looking at park stats, such as guests in the park that day, to match my story with the numbers. They don't just give you something because you complain about anything.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

• Perfect Insanity

Agree with those saying that if you have something extra special happen with a CM then you should email them about that. We have done so many times over the years when we have those moments happen. They certainly deserve those for all they do and have to put up with at times.
    BTW, I did email myself about our time with the grad nite/jr high groups from May 18th. I have heard nothing back at all in return to my email though. I honestly just want them to hear our experience with this becasue it wasn't fun to deal with most of them. I can't even repeat close to what one boy in a group of high schoolers said in Sleeping Beauty's Castle. I'm glad it was me and my 11 yr old son and not my 6 yr old daughter with me though but even he knows how bad that guy was as well as many others that day. I basically turned those bad times into a learning moment for my son that day on how not to act.
    For me if I have something that is a complaint I don't do it to try to get anything and have never even though of that. I do it in hopes of things being looked at and changes made where they need to be. I always make sure things are said nicely. Never any reason for it not to be IMO.
    Last edited by Berry Princess; 05-22-2013 at 06:27 PM.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by Berry Princess View Post
    Agree with those saying that if you have something extra special happen with a CM then you should email them about that. We have done so many times over the years when we have those moments happen. They certainly deserve those for all they do and have to put up with at times.
    BTW, I did email myself about our time with the grad nite/jr high groups from May 18th. I have heard nothing back at all in return to my email though. I honestly just want them to hear our experience with this becasue it wasn't fun to deal with most of them. I can't even repeat close to what one boy in a group of high schoolers said in Sleeping Beauty's Castle. I'm glad it was me and my 11 yr old son and not my 6 yr old daughter with me though but even he knows how bad that guy was as well as many others that day. I basically turned those bad times into a learning moment for my son that day on how not to act.
    For me if I have something that is a complaint I don't do it to try to get anything and have never even though of that. I do it in hopes of things being looked at and changes made where they need to be. I always make sure things are said nicely. Never any reason for it not to be IMO.
    It took them about a week to respond to me. Be patient. You'll get a response
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast