Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• The doctor is in

Disney Damage Control - How I got 3 free days in the park

It was not intentional, but I got two 3-day Park Hopper passes, for free, from Disneyland.

The full backstory can be read in my trip report, but to sum it up:

I send an email of complaints and concerns following my 5-day trip. I got my response last Friday and got back in touch yesterday with the CM who originally contacted me. To make a long story short, she apologized for my experiences and had also documented my complaints on the new bobsleds for the Matterhorn Bobsleds. She even admitted that they have received a substantial number of complaints on the sleds. She also explained the Grad Nights I experienced were not high school but were junior high. That probably explains a lot.
    In the end I was offered a 3-day Park Hopper passes for free so I could return during any time of year. The passes are good for two years. All I had to do is mail my original ticket from earlier this month to her and she will send me the new passes.

I honestly was surprised. I didn't think Disney was in the habit of sending people free passes as an apology. If anything I was expecting to be offered a gift card or get nothing but the email response. Anyone else ever hear of this or experience this?
    Goes to show that sending Disney emails regarding your trips is never a bad idea. I think I will start sending them feedback no matter if it is good or bad. That isn't just to see what else I can get, but because I think I am finally convinced that they take their feedback seriously.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

Re: Disney Damage Control - How I got 3 free days in the park

It's nice to know Disney cares about their loyal Disneyland goers. Although I've never really had a bad experience with Disneyland to complain, but the next time I do I'll be sure to report it!

• formerly very helpful

Nice to hear about some positive experience regarding company feedback from coments.
    For the sake of others who may want to complain to Disney (or any other company for that matter), I'm sure your correspondance was politely written and professional in nature. No insults, threats, or expletives.

• The doctor is in

Absolutely not. My email was not threatening, defensive, or anything like that. I politely expressed my concerns and disappointments and just told the truth about my visit. When I called her back I handled myself well, too. It never hurts to be polite even when you are upset.
    The responding CM had also expressed her regret that I didn't mention my problems while still in the park. She said all CM's are trained to handle such matters and that no guest should have to wait until they return home to make any disappointments, problems, or concerns known to the park.

• Chief Troublemaker

So, now they're doing 'Grad Nites' for Jr High students? Wow. I'm Speechless.

Anyway, I'm so glad you had such a positive response! Park Hoppers aside, it's so great that you got such a personalized response that was actually informational as well as addressing your concerns.

I know we all rag on Disney's CS at times, but when it shines it really SHINES!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Closed Account

It's great that Disney took the extra step to make up for the time that you experienced. I know that we send feedback to Disney on a regular basis, both good and bad and any time it's been negative feedback, they have always made good on it.

Some of the memorable responses:
    We bought a cookie that was raw inside once and they sent us a merchandise card.

My boyfriend lost a pin (an expensive one) in the early days of our collecting because of the Mickey Mouse back not being secure (we didn't know about locking backs then) and they mailed a replacement pin.

I was visiting with a family who's 7 year old daughter lost her purse with her $10 spending money in it. The purse was turned into lost and found, minus the $10. Disney gave her $10 Disney Dollars to spend, she was thrilled. To most, $10 is no big deal, but when you are 7 it's huge.

I donated a bag of 150 Disney pins to the cast members pin trading wall, because my mom buys thousands of them and they were duplicates, ones we didn't want, etc after we stopped trading. Disney offered me a gift card to one of their stores, which we turned down. Just the thought that the pins would end up in the hands of people who would appreciate them made it worthwhile.

I'm glad to know that Disneyland actually READS the emails that come to them. Hopefully this will prompt some action re: grads and grad night.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    So, now they're doing 'Grad Nites' for Jr High students? Wow. I'm Speechless.
    No, Grad Nites are the high schoolers, but many Jr. Highs in LA take their 8th graders to Disneyland or Six Flags for the end of the year. They are there for the day, and are usually very easy to spot.

I have always had positive responses from Disney when I have voiced a complaint, but I also get positive responses when I send positive notes.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

The last time I complained about CM's letting line jumpers pass, all I got was a nod and a "sorry, that happens sometimes". And I was as nice about it as possible. I was more concerned for the guests who were waiting in line who were not so nice about it, which is why I said something.

As for the Jr High Grad Nights so it isn't a "Grad Night" as the high schooler's celebrate it? Just 8th graders going to Disneyland? Because it seems the CM that the OP talked to claimed it to be a Jr High Grad Night.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    She also explained the Grad Nights I experienced were not high school but were junior high. That probably explains a lot.
    OH and I do hope they change those Matterhorn Bobsled seats if they seem to be getting lots of complaints. I will never ride it again until that happens. My back can't take it!

Good for you. I'm glad you voiced your concern and were taken seriously by Disney. We are visiting June 15-22 and I'm very concerned about the Grad Nights. This is my 5 year old first time at Disneyland and we are traveling with my brother's family and their three kids. I want the kids to have that magical experience that I remember as a child and still get goose bumps for when I visit Disneyland.

I am crossing my fingers for a problem free vacation on grad night. Wish me luck. Enjoy your free days.

April and May are also full of middle and high school students for "Music in the Parks". Most of the local theme parks host such groups to perform.

Donna
    1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
    1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
    1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)
    2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)

I've heard of people getting free park hoppers for a day but never this much. The next time I go to Disney I'll try to complain

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Wow good for you....yes like other have said I've had complaints before but never got anything free......glad to hear you got a great cast member to help you

Hopefully you asked if you could review him/her so their behavior is seen more in the future

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Wow good for you....yes like other have said I've had complaints before but never got anything free......glad to hear you got a great cast member to help you

Hopefully you asked if you could review him/her so their behavior is seen more in the future
    Yes, I plan on getting back in touch so I can tell someone how helpful she was.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    No, Grad Nites are the high schoolers, but many Jr. Highs in LA take their 8th graders to Disneyland or Six Flags for the end of the year. They are there for the day, and are usually very easy to spot.
    I grew up in LA County. Sure wish they'd been doing that when I graduated from 8th grade (way back when the earth was cooling)! My brother graduated from HS the same year I graduated from Jr High & I was so jealous that the HS grads got a party at DL and all we got was a lousy dance in the Gym!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast