• Capt without a ship...

Attendance AFTER the 24 hr party...

Anyone have any guesses as to how busy the park will be on the Sat & Sun after the 24hr party? Debating going - we just upgraded from deluxe to premium and also wondered if we'll be able to get in since we havent received our upgraded passes yet.

TIA!!

Hurry on back now, ya hear?

Re: Attendance AFTER the 24 hr party...

There were reports last year that the parks were dead on March 1st, after the park reopened following OMDD. But I wouldn't expect that to be the case this year. March 1st 2012 was a Thursday in the off-season. We're still talking about Memorial Day weekend here. I'm sure there will be many families coming from out of town who most likely planned their vacations before the 24 hour party was announced. And if I'm not mistaken, May 25th is also a Grad Nite. And I'm sure there will be lots of passholders coming in for the debut of the new Mickey and the Magical Map show (you know how we APers like to show up in droves anytime anything new happens). Also, I bet there are lots of people who recognize that grad nite + memorial day weekend + 24 hour party = disaster, and who are planning to go on Saturday or Sunday to "avoid the crowds."

Edit: Actually, May 25th is not listed as an event on the Grad Nite Facebook page, so both Saturday and Sunday may be free of groups of annoying teens of the high school variety. And I believe middle school grad days tend to be during the week.
    Last edited by The First Star; 05-21-2013 at 01:17 PM.

• Closed Account

It's supposed to be crowded all weekend, and we are expecting the lowest crowds to be Sunday morning (we hope). It is going to be a disaster in terms of crowds like someone already mentioned Memorial Day weekend. We are going to be in town for a birthday celebration, even though we celebrated the birthday last weekend at Disneyland, so we are going to drop in for a few hours Sunday morning, but not do the birthday thing. With it being Memorial Day weekend, expect large crowds all weekend.

And I am not sure who came up with the plan for the 24th, it is going to be insane, it is Memorial Day weekend, a 24 hour celebration at both parks, and a Grad Nite...insane if you ask me, what was Disney thinking?

Disney was thinking MONEY!

• Vidia's Minion

They'll let you in it'll be in their system, they'll print you out a one day pass. Also they'll recognize it when you park and you won't have to pay for that either since you've upgraded to premium.

I think it will still be insane. It will still be Memorial Day weekend and I doubt that the 24 hour event will draw anyone away from Saturday or Sunday visiting.

Last year was dead, but a Thursday in the beginning of March is ususally pretty dead anyway, even without a 24-hour event the day before.

• Disney Trivia Queen

I thought grad night was the 24th not the 25th? Which would help the crowds on the 25th but I still think that because of the new show and Memorial Day weekend, the park will be crowded.

• Blew By You

My family will be finding out too, maybe on Sunday or Monday. We've been to Disneyland on a number of Memorial Day weekend visits. Some have been real crowded and some have been sparsely crowded. I'm hoping those who attended the 24 hour party will still be tired and will want to stay away.