Sad Main Street Christmas Garland...GONE?

Plz help me with this one!

If (when) Disneyland decides to host their private Christmas parties, does this mean we will no longer be seeing the Christmas garland sweeping across the roof tops down Main Street anymore?

I ask this because if they intend to run the Soundsational Parade during the day, then the garland cannot be hung because of the Tangled tower on the princess float...it's too tall.

For me, personally, I'm not a big fan (anymore) of the Christmas Fantasy Parade, holiday fireworks or the snow. They've all grown very stale and old to me, especially the parade. So having the private holiday parties is no biggie to me, nor would I pay the extra to go.

However, with that being said, it would be so disappointing to me if the garland that hangs across Main Street would be eliminated because of these private parties and the Soundsational Parade
    dilemma.

Has anyone heard anything about this situation, and what they (Disney) plan on doing about it?

• Minion

Re: Main Street Christmas Garland...GONE?

I think a lot of us are still holding out hope that they won't have hard ticket Christmas parties at all. It's not set in stone yet. But if it does happen, I would think the Mickey garland will be gone, at least until Soundsational is no more. Either that or they just won't run the princess float during the holiday season. I remember watching the Mulan Parade back in November '98 ('99?) and they had this extremely tall Emperor float in the beginning and a huge Shan Yu inflatable thing. Because of that, they had all the other Christmas decorations up but not the Mickey garland. I'm not sure if they ever put it up after they started running A Christmas Fantasy, or even why they were running the Mulan Parade during the holidays in the first place.

• Seeker of Fun

That added touch is really something we love too!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I don't think that the tangled tower is that tall its shorter than the parade light towers that line the parade route. And no I don't think that they will leave out the garland that hangs over MS if you think of it the parade has that tall Toy Story float with Woody on top of the rocking horse and he is a good 35 feet in the air and he could just put is hand touch the garland. So no, it will still be included for the regular guests as well.

On the other part of the topic: the hard ticketing the parties I think will sell if they do it at DCA and come up with some real Christmas stuff over there. Just Saying
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• The Tomorrowland One

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I don't think that the tangled tower is that tall its shorter than the parade light towers that line the parade route. And no I don't think that they will leave out the garland that hangs over MS if you think of it the parade has that tall Toy Story float with Woody on top of the rocking horse and he is a good 35 feet in the air and he could just put is hand touch the garland. So no, it will still be included for the regular guests as well.
    The Tangled Tower has to retract to fit into the parade float building. The hobby horse on the blocks does not. I don't think you quite see how tall the tower really is.

Heck, the smoke stacks/clarinets on the Tiana Showboat float also need to hinge down to fit in the float building.

• Minion

in 2005, they had both the 50th parade and the Xmas on the same day. they didnt have garlands in the year 2005. and the fireworks was the 50th fireworks. and the tree was all golden. plus no xmas decor on the castle.

it does not matter to me cus i never liked them anyways. the WDW has better garlands cus their decor go with the theme land. unlike ours.