Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Why are we forced to park at Pumba lot instead of M&F Garage?

What time does the Pumba lot open? I'm guessing i won't be open til later in the day on Friday for the 24 hour event?

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfn View Post
    I thought pumba was only used on very busy days and didn't open until after noon. Did they change the time it opens? Usually go to M & F because it opens first, at either 6:30 am or 7:30 am Want to be at the park when it first opens. Does Toy Story open that early anymore?
    No, the Toy Story parking lot opens one hour before the park opens, with no line unlike the parking garage.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by fireandmewzik View Post
    What time does the Pumba lot open? I'm guessing i won't be open til later in the day on Friday for the 24 hour event?
    Pumba lot opens an hour before the park opens, unless it's an early entry day, then it opens 90 minutes early.

Quote Originally Posted by fireandmewzik View Post
    The Pumbaa lot will actually remain open on Thursday night. At 9:30pm on Thursday night, no new arrivals will be allowed to park in either M&F or Toy Story. All guests will be directed to park in Pumbaa, and walk to the resort. M&F and Toy Story will then re-open to arrivals at 5am on Friday morning.

I parked at Pumbaa last Sun (5/19) at 7:30am, so at least on regular weekends, it is opening early.

• Dont make me unfriend you

I've never parked at Pumba. However, between M&F and Toy Story, we like Toy Story lot more.

It feels like we park closer to the buses at Toy Story than the Tram at M&F. After leaving the park at night, we used to have some horrible waits for the trams to M&F. Must faster and easier were the waits for the buses to Toy Story.

True, the kids like riding the trams more than the buses. The trams feel more like a "ride" than the buses.

But overall, we like Toy Story more than M&F.
    Jeff made me famous!
    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post
    I've never parked at Pumba. However, between M&F and Toy Story, we like Toy Story lot more.

It feels like we park closer to the buses at Toy Story than the Tram at M&F. After leaving the park at night, we used to have some horrible waits for the trams to M&F. Must faster and easier were the waits for the buses to Toy Story.

True, the kids like riding the trams more than the buses. The trams feel more like a "ride" than the buses.

But overall, we like Toy Story more than M&F.

Toy story is also far better for Handicap Parking... M&F sends you to the bottom floor which is always overrun (even at opening), and then when you circle back to try to get to a higher floor (but near the elevators), they keep sending you around in a hideous circle. Toy Story sends you right to the front rows near the bus pickups, and you are there. Leaning busses to boot, and since the busses are always moving, there's no wait for the "next tram"... "next bus" is like 15 seconds.
    my In-Laws have 3 fake knees and 1 replaced Hip between them.

As for the buses... my 4YO finds the "Blue Bus" (the Toy Story Bus) is his favorite ride... last time we were there we made a special trip to the lot just so he could ride it =-).

• Johnny and Me!

Quote Originally Posted by OurTime2Play View Post
    3 trips on Sunday in the past month, and each time the M&F garage was closed and we had to go to the Pumba lot.
    Are you sure it wasn't the Simba lot, behind the Paradise Pier hotel? Whenever I am routed past the M&F structure, that is where everyone is directed. The Pumbaa lot has a shuttle, but the Simba lot does not.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Pinocchio lot or nothing..

To all i must apologize, I meant that we were sent to the SIMBA lot, not the Pumba; Simba did not have the trams.
    Thanks for the input. will be back onsite for June 2!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12