Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Why are we forced to park at Pumba lot instead of M&F Garage?

3 trips on Sunday in the past month, and each time the M&F garage was closed and we had to go to the Pumba lot. Had arrived at 9 AM, 11 AM, and 12 noon; we can see the garage is open. Hate that 1/2 mile walk to the Esplanade. Parking attendant said it was City of Anaheim Traffic forcing them to fill the site lots first; any other ideas or confirmation?

• SORCERER

Re: Why are we forced to park at Pumba lot instead of M&F Garage?

You do realize the Pumba parking lot has a free dedicated tour shuttle bus? It has no disney branding on it. Just a blank giant white bus. Its allot nicer than the toy story buses and are allot faster than walking, M&F, and toy story.

Its actually my preferred parking lot, its the fastest way to get in and out of the park because of the bus they have.
    Last edited by BradleyC; 05-22-2013 at 07:43 AM.

• DLR Cast Member

As already mentioned, there's a shuttle that takes Guests from the Pumbaa lot to the East Esplenade. WHen I come as a Guest, I actually prefer Pumbaa because it's so convenient. As a CM, I've also parked there and just walked to the Esplenade. I very much prefer doing that over parking in KCML and taking the shuttle in. It's not a far walk at all. It's actually a much shorter walk to go from Pumbaa to the Esplenade than it is from DTD to the Esplenade, and people do that all the time without giving it a second thought.

Despite DLR's presence in Anaheim, they're not the only game in the city. Sometimes, external things happen. We've constantly gotta juggle to work with other venues and events that are going on in the adjacent areas, and we just don't have control over that.

• Closed Account

I will chime in again about the bus from the Pumbaa lot that other people have mentioned. I prefer the Toy Story Parking lot because there is never a line to get in lasting more than five minutes whenever we arrive. We have been in lines up to 3 hours into the Mickey Parking Garage and I have no idea why people insist on parking there. The distance to walk from Downtown Disney to the entrance of Disneyland and the extra long lines at security seem like a waste. The few times we parked at the Mickey Garage, we took the monorail rather than wait in the long security line going in that direction.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    We have been in lines up to 3 hours into the Mickey Parking Garage
    When has it taken 3 hours to get into the garage? Unless you are counting travel time on the freeway in traffic to get there.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

The walk to the esplanade from Pumbaa is shorter than the walk for M&F. On top of that the security tents are usually half as busy if not more so. I just don't understand why some people are so crazy about the M&F lot.

•   
    • Minion

I actually prefer the Pumba lot when it is open. After that I like the Toy Story one. I avoid M&F when I can. Just my preference.

• I'm a fiddle player......

Like other have said, Pumba is a great lot. Its close enough to walk and has a shuttle if you dont want to walk. And there is never any lines, gettting into the lot or for the bus. Toy Story is also great for the short lines. M&F is the worst

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Enjoy it while you can, I believe Disney plans to build another parking GARAGE on that land.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    The walk to the esplanade from Pumbaa is shorter than the walk for M&F.
    Not by much, though. I just measured it out with the rular functin on Google Earth and it is only about 100 yards difference.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    When has it taken 3 hours to get into the garage? Unless you are counting travel time on the freeway in traffic to get there.
    We visited on a morning when we didn't know a marathon was going on (we were newbies at the time, never made that mistake again). The hotel we were staying at (we decided not to use the ART because they were running the small buses and the rollator is hard to get on and off of them) is a Disney partner hotel and they have a Disney desk. We knew the marathon was going on, but the Disney desk told us that the Toy Story parking lot was opening normal time. That turned out to not be the case. We were stuck in a three hour loop on Harbor Blvd, finally arrived at Disneyland and we went to Pizza Port, ate lunch, and drove back to San Diego, not doing a single thing at Disneyland because we had left home at 6am and got to the park at 1:30pm. What a crappy day.

Anyways, we have tried the Mickey Parking garage on three other non marathon days, being in line at 8am like every one else, and both times took over an hour to get into the garage, then the walk to the tram, then the tram ride, so by the time you get into the park it's after 10:30am, no thanks, would rather be at Disneyland. Those days were normal Saturday mornings. On those days when we go to the Toy Story parking lot, we are in line at 8am, on the bus by 8:15am even with the rollator and in the park before they open at 9am.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by OurTime2Play View Post
    3 trips on Sunday in the past month, and each time the M&F garage was closed and we had to go to the Pumba lot. Had arrived at 9 AM, 11 AM, and 12 noon; we can see the garage is open. Hate that 1/2 mile walk to the Esplanade. Parking attendant said it was City of Anaheim Traffic forcing them to fill the site lots first; any other ideas or confirmation?
    Wow, do you not do a lot of walking inside the parks? It's a very short walk. Much shorter than the walking you do inside the parks or people take from hotels around the area every day.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

I thought pumba was only used on very busy days and didn't open until after noon. Did they change the time it opens? Usually go to M & F because it opens first, at either 6:30 am or 7:30 am Want to be at the park when it first opens. Does Toy Story open that early anymore?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Enjoy it while you can, I believe Disney plans to build another parking GARAGE on that land.
    Its not a garage that I don't like. Disney could build a garage 50 stories tall there for all I care. It's that the west side of Disneyland has been the natural vehicle entrance up until DCA was built. It's not the garage itself its the placement of the M&F that suddenly forced unnatural traffic issues going to the resort. Look at how things are today. All your hotels are on Harbor. They aren't there just because that's where they felt like building them. They're there because pre-DCA that was the only way to get into the park unless you were staying at the DLH, and I am sure part of the reason the Monorail made a stop at the DLH was not because it was some novelty but rather to get guests conveniently into the park instead of having to drive all around the park to get there.

When M&F got built it disrupted this natural flow that had been established for 40 years. A great majority of park guests now have to dodge inconveniently around the park to park their car in M&F and then backtrack via tram or long walk just to get to the esplanade. The parking situation will continue to be a mess at DL until this garage is built, And with its premier location retuned to the west side near DL/DCA and the third gate this should quickly turn into the preferred parking lot for most everyone.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Its not a garage that I don't like. Disney could build a garage 50 stories tall there for all I care. It's that the west side of Disneyland has been the natural vehicle entrance up until DCA was built. It's not the garage itself its the placement of the M&F that suddenly forced unnatural traffic issues going to the resort. Look at how things are today. All your hotels are on Harbor. They aren't there just because that's where they felt like building them. They're there because pre-DCA that was the only way to get into the park unless you were staying at the DLH, and I am sure part of the reason the Monorail made a stop at the DLH was not because it was some novelty but rather to get guests conveniently into the park instead of having to drive all around the park to get there.

When M&F got built it disrupted this natural flow that had been established for 40 years. A great majority of park guests now have to dodge inconveniently around the park to park their car in M&F and then backtrack via tram or long walk just to get to the esplanade. The parking situation will continue to be a mess at DL until this garage is built, And with its premier location retuned to the west side near DL/DCA and the third gate this should quickly turn into the preferred parking lot for most everyone.
    Good post. I'm looking forward to catching a High Speed train at Union Station, and transferring to the streetcar once in Anaheim.

Disney can keep their parking space once that's done, I won't be needing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast