Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: DLR 50th Anniversary/60th Anniversary

My family and I were there at the 50th and it was amazing.

I think with all this talk about re-vamping tomorrowland; Disney, Inc. acquiring Marvel, putting out a third film with Tron, lightcycles??? All the lands will be looking fabulous and probably will have everything running properly (for the most part all year as smoothly as possible) depending on the crowds.

I am sure they will have something special in store for everyone. Especially Disneyland... after all, this is the place where the original anniversary of any special year should really be celebrated.

I am sure they will even put a 6th crown on the castle for the 60th anniversary too. The five crowns that were on SBC during the 50th were beautiful and considering all those turrets they could put a crown on for every 10 years that go by for sure !!

They may even have some sort of celebration that would include the first six lands (5 in 1955 and New Orleans Square in the sixties)??? They did a great job with Cars Land and they may just do some more surprises in the "developing" DCA?

Either way, there must be preparations already underway. Hope to hear some more significant and concrete plans for the 60th from someone on Micechat =)

I just have 3 words:

Bring Back Peoplemover!!!!
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    The 60th will go as quietly by as the 40th did. They may have a small ceremony and some merchandise. And some collectors pins I'm sure. But it will be as quiet as a whisper.
    Except that the 40th was celebrated with the opening of Indiana Jones, new parade, new shows, etc. Its a rather new trend to do almost nothing for anniversaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    Except that the 40th was celebrated with the opening of Indiana Jones, new parade, new shows, etc. Its a rather new trend to do almost nothing for anniversaries.
    Yeah, I was already reminded of that yesterday. It was noted on the previous page.

And as I stated previously, the reason they probably didn't do anything for the 55th was the focus on the DCA refurb. That would be my guess anyways. Two years ago, the Little Mermaid & Cars Land was under construction. I think nothing dampers an anniversary party like a bunch of construction walls and tarp.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

•   

I hope disney could do a TV Special for Disneyland 60th anniversary.

Will they try to avoid any construction/ refurbish during the 60th?
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

Quote Originally Posted by mondo View Post
    Will they try to avoid any construction/ refurbish during the 60th?
    I am unaware. You will have to keep your eyes out on here on Micechat, or ask some of the crew who handle the news on the parks. They would be in the know. Since the 60th is only a little over 2 years away, I believe they may not have anything planned for any major refurbs. Let alone anything BIG/HUGE for the 60th. They just got done with the DCA expansion - the Cars Land addition, adding of Little Mermaid, & re-theming the entrance & part of Hollywood Backlot. They may be taking a collective breath right now before tackling whatever is next on the agenda.

Now I am sure that there are many that would agree with what I am about to say. If they do not have any major construction planned for the next 2 years, then they need to utilize that time to put attention to attractions (& other structures) that perhaps have been neglected during the expansion project. Like attractions that remained opened during that time. Perhaps Tower, Grizzly Creek, Soarin, or Screamin could use some good down time to fix any kinks or wear & tear. That's DCA. As far as Disneyland is concerned, the ONLY attraction that I know that needs major attention right now is Alice In Wonderland. And that is knowledge obtained from reading posts on here and on the "Round Up." I'm going out on a limb here (pun intended) by saying I believe that the outer elevated track requires some work & by placing a railing along it. As far as I can remember, it never had one and OSHA finally came down on them for it. But they haven't completed the task because of the recent Matterhorn & Big Thunder Railroad refurbs so its gone neglected. Primarily because of Matterhorn. Can't have two favorite rides down for construction right next to each other across a major thoroughfare and parade route. That being said, I am not aware of any other attractions in major need, but like with DCA, they should take the time to work on any that need the attention. With Alice In Wonderland being on the very top of that list. They should stop trying to maintain a 365 day busy season and attend to what needs to be worked on before it comes to bite them where it hurts, before someone gets hurt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12