Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Drink refills at Disneyland while dining?

I found this from a year ago. Is it still true?

Posted by Malcon10t:
    "To clarify, all sit down restaurants refill without a question. Pizza Port, Rancho del Zocolo, and Plaza Inn have refills wth receipt for counter service. Hungry Bear, French Market, Riverbelle errace, Village Haus, and Tomorrowland Terrace, all counter service, do not offer refills."

• Disneyland Dreamer

Re: Drink refills at Disneyland while dining?

All of our drinks were refilled repeatedly at Blue Bayou, even the expensive ones.

• Former Churro Jockey

I can't comment on restaurants, but when I worked in ODV, it was illegal for us to refill a drink. There was some kind of rule (probably a DOSH rule) that applied to us that apparently doesn't apply to fast food restaurants that we could not accept a used cup across the counter. So if you think about the Fantasy Freeze cart in Fantasyland (across from the Matterhorn entrance), and the drink stations being behind the counter, once we handed someone their drink, the cup could not legally pass all the way back across the counter again, so therefore it could not be refilled, even at a cost. When people purchased a souvenir sipper cup and wanted to purchase a refill at full price but didn't need another souvenir sipper, we had to make them purchase two drinks in normal paper cups and then they had to take those two drinks and refill their sipper on their own. It didn't quite refill it all the way but it came close. So I'm going to guess that counter service restaurants have the same problem that we did.
    Last edited by Big D; 05-23-2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: spelling
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Disney Fan 4 Life

You can obtain a free refill for sure at the Plaza Inn and The pizza place, as my husband has done it many time. In fact, Plaza Inn gave himn a to go cup to take it with us when we were done eating.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Johnny and Me!

Drinks are also refillable at Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta at DCA. I've never been asked to show a receipt, but I hold on to them anyway.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Yep. That's still accurate. Most counter service locations do not refill drinks. All sit down restaurants do, and then at Rancho, Pizza Port, and Plaza, you can refill your own.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

The golden rule at the park is that "if you fill it yourself, refills are free". This is true for Pizza Port, Rancho, Plaza Inn, and Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta.

Big D hits it on the head. At ODV or other areas, disposable cups can't go past the counter. Technically, refillable cups and mugs could - but Disney has their own rule against it. All other theme parks have refillable cups, with no problems going past the counter to refill those.
    -Monorail Man

• DLR Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post

Posted by Malcon10t:
    "To clarify, all sit down restaurants refill without a question. Pizza Port, Rancho del Zocolo, and Plaza Inn have refills wth receipt for counter service. Hungry Bear, French Market, Riverbelle errace, Village Haus, and Tomorrowland Terrace, all counter service, do not offer refills."
    As far as I know, yes, that's still current.

• Closed Account

Posted by Malcon10t:
    You are entitled to one free drink refill per drink purchase at sit down restaurants. We eat at Pizza Port all of the time at Disneyland. You have to go get your refill, wait in the regular line, show them your receipt, let them mark it, and you are all set. Unfortunately, sometimes the lines are too long to get refills. I know that Plaza Inn and Blue Bayou also have drink refills.

Unfortunately there are no refills at any QSR restaurants anymore. At Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta you have to pay for another soda. I usually let the guest refill it anyway but technically we have to charge you again. That's the rule for QSR at least. ODV same rules apply. It's silly but it's just Disney trying to get some extra cash from you guys.

QSR = Rancho, Pizza Port and Plaza?

So, officially, no refills anywhere at DLR, but the rule is bendable (though I'm a stickler for rules so if it's really "no" I'll take it as "no," not "yes, if I can get away with it")?

I was at boardwalk pizza and pasta 2 months ago and was told no refills.

• Closed Account

QSR = Rancho, Pizza Port and Plaza?

So, officially, no refills anywhere at DLR, but the rule is bendable (though I'm a stickler for rules so if it's really "no" I'll take it as "no," not "yes, if I can get away with it")?
    We have been to Pizza Port dozens of times this year, including last Saturday (May 18) and we were allowed free refills. We just had to wait in line again to get them. Other people were getting refills as well.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    Drinks are also refillable at Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta at DCA. I've never been asked to show a receipt, but I hold on to them anyway.
    Apparently that is not true. I asked a CM there one time and they said "No," only water is refillable, but I was not stopped during my prior visit.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    You are entitled to one free drink refill per drink purchase at sit down restaurants.
    To clarify, at TABLE SERVICE (usually known as "sit down") it is like most restaurants and it is all the refills you can do. At counter service (where you pick up your food and go sit down) it depends on the restaurant. Plaza Inn, Pizza Port, Rancho in DL all allow 1 refill per cup. I know in DCA, I have never had an issue getting a refill at Boardwalk, and as recently as May 12th, asked a manager about it there. I was told "Just have your receipt handy".
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast