Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Re: Mickey's Not-So-Magical Map ...Ugh!

So am I the only one that is amused that everybody is calling it the "Princess Trio" yet for stupidly obvious executive/fangirl reasons they threw Flynn Rider in there?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstate5 View Post
    So am I the only one that is amused that everybody is calling it the "Princess Trio" yet for stupidly obvious executive/fangirl reasons they threw Flynn Rider in there?
    The song "I see the Light" is a duet.. so I don't think there was any other reason than the obvious one: they needed flynn to sing the song with rapunzel.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    The song "I see the Light" is a duet.. so I don't think there was any other reason than the obvious one: they needed flynn to sing the song with rapunzel.
    You probably could do it as a solo with just Rapunzel, it would need a little work to rearrange bits of it, but they could have easily had just Rapunzel singing it if they wanted to. Don't get me wrong though, I'd rather have Flynn there than not.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Okay so I've re-watched and re-watched the show. And then saw it a few more times.

I like the show now. Looking forward to seeing it in person, hopefully somewhere in the back rows to get a good place to videotape the show. I have found the good in the show and my previous "Worst Show Ever" review was just first impressions... I very much adore the show and am listening to the princess trio number now while I write this.

I'm over the "dot" and any negative views I once had on this show. I've accepted the show and congratulate the performers and the wonderful job they do on stage.

The Tangled number just kicked in... LOVE IT! Still listening to the soundtrack while I write this.

Bravo Disneyland for this show. It took me awhile to learn to love this show but it happened. I may have to see it twice during my upcoming trip and I'm jealous of those who get to have a map during the Limited Time Magic week.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Foolish Mortal

I watched it last Friday afternoon and thought it was cool. I liked the transitions of Mickey from the screen to reality on the stage, they were virtually seamless! After the show a CM asked me if I had time to answer a couple questions about it. I obliged and told her that I enjoyed it, and really liked those transitions. She then asked what I disliked, that is when I told her it seemed a little heavy on the princesses.

It was a cool show, and I'd watch it again.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalbma View Post
    Here's a video I shot during an Annual Passholder preview. Listen to how excited AP crowd was to see the show. When I went during Media day, there wasn't that much excitement from the crowd.
    There is also the added issue of who you see the show with. A high energy exited crowd of Disney fans with AP's, is going to be a different live 'energy' than a tour group looking to pass time because the line for Small World is too long. This is why a live show can be very different from one showing to the next.

We look forward to the AP show on the 11th!
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Okay so I've re-watched and re-watched the show. And then saw it a few more times.

I like the show now.
    It was the Bubble Guys, wasn't it? There is one that seriously has some incredible rhythm. His movements are I really just want to watch him bubble dance for 23 minutes.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Bring back the Keelboats!

We saw the show for the first time last Thursday and did enjoy it. It was nice to have a show in there again. I hadn't seen Tatiana (?) before in anything and it was nice to see her. The Sebastian puppet was kinda funny/odd but not sure how they could do it differently as it looked pretty heavy for the actor.

Would I go see it again? Yes. I am hoping it is still here in October when we get to bring 2 of our grandkids.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
    Today, I saw the show. Overall I liked it and it was well worth watching. However, like others have said, it works as a few Disney Musical numbers preformed very well. The Map portion was OK but had little or nothing to do with the rest of the show. The Hawaiian number needed to have Lilo and the Under the Sea could have been elimited (Or, much better without the "AWKWARD" puppet)

Went to the Annual Passholders show last night, and they did a Q&A with the creative team behind the show for feedback. At all the AP shows People asked for Lelo and Stitch. They said Those changes are 'in the works"

-----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

IMO,
    Best show ever at Fantasyland Theater/Videopolis - Dick Tracy/Beauty and the Beast (tie)

Worst show ever at Fantasyland Theater/Videopolis - Mickey's Detective School

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I really love the song Hawaiian Roller Coaster ride... but I think the problem with the segment is that there's no lead singer. Where the other scenes are showcasing wonderful entertainers, that one becomes rather tame in comparison.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

I'm a bit confused as to how rating the experience of a show on YouTube means you've experienced the show. I would think seeing it live, in a seat, in the Fantasyland theater adds to the experience as a whole. As for people saying it seems flat, after watching it on a computer screen... yes it would seem flat, wouldn't it?

Thank you to everyone who has seen the show, in person, for writing reviews based on those experiences. Though it is sad to see the word hate used to much in this thread; I would think that a general dislike makes sense but hate? Yikes.

Personally, I can't wait to see the show myself! Going in without preconceived notions of what to expect will make my experience, as a whole, more enriched and exciting. Maybe after the experience, I'll share my thoughts.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456