Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Updates from the 24 hour madness?

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post
    According to the Disneyland twitter feed at about 9pm, M&F is full and they are recommending arriving guests head straight to the Toy Story lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcaguy View Post
    Yup M&F is full and they are now parking in TS lot. Wonder when they will fill up TS? Now it is wait to see the stories that the early morning hours will bring.
    Yup, my guess is that there will be more owls there than at an entire semester at Hogwarts. Night owls, that is. When do you get to be in a Disney Park in the middle of the night at 3 or 4 am? Try never. Personally, if I would do it, it would be at Epcot. But they do not appear to be open right now and I don't have the gas to get there. My Disney Experience WDW app is not giving me back wait times for that park. It is for MK though. And if there are a lot night owls, they won't report till much later on in the day. They'll come home and go to bed. Much like I did when I stayed up all night for the DCA July 17 2005 camp out. I went into DL for opening for just the first 2 or 3 hours, then came home and crashed!!!
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• #bringevilback

Epcot isn't open, that's why you aren't getting times. It's only MK in Orlando and then both parks here in Anaheim

Yeah well I thought I heard Epcot was. Guess the wife was wrong. But what doesn't make sense to me is, they used Mike Wazowski's head on Spaceship Earth at Epcot to promote the 24 hour event, but Epcot isn't open. Why advertise it there if it wasn't going to be involved? Besides the marketing for the new film and that Mike's head is round.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

I just left the park at about 11:45PM, not much traffic getting off the 5 freeway or near Ball Rd... was pretty jammed at around 9:00PM but seemed to have died down...

Thanks for the update, erdons.

• Banned User

I got back an hour ago. I was there until a little after 2 a.m. for Monorail Man's 24 hr meet. Sadly I could only do half that lol, but I actually had a GREAT time! Yes, Disney definitely learned their lesson this time. Got into DL around 2 p.m. and felt like a basic Saturday. Stayed there with other Mice Chatters and major rides were 60-75 mins but FPs were still going through the evening on most of the rides and they had FPs going past midnight so that was good too.

Got to DCA around 6 where we stayed the rest of the night and that was about the same as DL, busy but not jammed packed. We did a small few things but mainly sat and talked but I would say around 8 p.m. it started to get a little busier but nothing crazy. TOT was 120 mins though (I suspect because people knew it was closing early for grads they jumped in line for it). RSR sadly kept breaking down. By the time the grads started their night which basically left part of Hollywoodland, CF, BVS and GRR opened, ie, 3-4 rides, crowds were pretty light. We stayed there and just did the few attractions that were around and the entertainment. But Soarin fell to under 20 mins after 10 when everyone assumed the opposite would happen so it tells you a lot of people bailed to DL. MI was about the same, 10 mins. Mad T Party was big (even without alcohol lol).

I couldnt keep going and bailed a little before 2. I did decide to go into DL for a quick walk around the park just to see how bad the crowds were myself and unlike OMDD where I heard people were waiting to get in with lines backed up, this time it took less than a minute to enter. And when I did honestly the lines for rides were long (45-90 mins minus POTC and FL attractions), but the walkways were fine. All the horror story about waiting 30 mins for bathrooms or an hour just to eat wasnt at all like that. Plenty of places people could sit since it wasnt wall to wall people (although I FORGOT to look in the cinema lol). I just circled the park and relatively calm most places minus the hub all things considered.

Headed to the Toy Story lot which I PURPOSELY parked in becasue I just assumed M&F would be chaos and yeah great decision. It took about 10 minutes to get on the bus. When it dropped us off it was dead. No lines of cars trying to exit. I was out in less than 5 mins when I got off the bus.

Honestly if I wasnt so tired I wouldnt have mind staying longer in either DCA and DL. It just seem much less the horror story we were all predicting (I had originally planned to leave around 10 if it just got too crazy and stayed 4 extra hours) and they learned their lesson from OMDD. I would consider going again in fact. Fun day and nice to finally meet more Mice Chatters, some STILL there lol.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 05-25-2013 at 03:45 AM.

Way better than OMDD. More CMs, including leads and suits. More entertainment offerings after midnight. No traffic at 11:45pm, just went straight to Toy Story and hopped on a shuttle bus. And no angry mob in the esplanade waiting to be let in. In fact, no huge lines at the entrance gates at all. The lines for the attractions were longer than I was willing to wait, so we skipped the rides. It was nice to see Soundsational at night again. Chip and Dale were so cute in their pajamas. Guests seemed to be in a better mood, compared to the mood at 3:00am on OMDD. Short lines for the Toy Story buses at 3:30am.

The lines to enter DCA were pretty long once most of the park reopened after Grad Nite.
    Last edited by The First Star; 05-25-2013 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Need sleep.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I knew all along this wasn't going to be the madhouse that the last one was. The last 24 hr event was heavily promoted to the GP (they even had fliers in my break room at work) but this one - nothing. The only ones who really knew ahead of time for this one were Micechatters and Disney geeks.

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I knew all along this wasn't going to be the madhouse that the last one was. The last 24 hr event was heavily promoted to the GP (they even had fliers in my break room at work) but this one - nothing. The only ones who really knew ahead of time for this one were Micechatters and Disney geeks.
    That's an interesting point, and now that I think about it, I'm not sure I saw any advertising anywhere for it. I think MiceAge might be the only place I ever heard about it.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

Okay, gotta ask. OMDD?

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    Okay, gotta ask. OMDD?
    One More Disney Day. It was a special 24 hour event they did for the leap year.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    One More Disney Day. It was a special 24 hour event they did for the leap year.
    Oh yeah, that's right. I remember hearing about that.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    That's an interesting point, and now that I think about it, I'm not sure I saw any advertising anywhere for it. I think MiceAge might be the only place I ever heard about it.

That is a good point. A few coworkers asked me about it yesterday, so I think there was some GP promotion. Definitely light compared to OMDD which, if I recall, was announced during the Times Square NYE broadcast.

Does anyone know how many total guests showed up yesterday? Was it anywhere near the 125,000 they were expecting?

I live two to three hours from the parks and I was planning on going on the 24th. My son was off of school for that day and we would do our usual trip. Leave home at 530am to get there for the rope drop and get out of a busy park at 4pm. Then this announcement came and I was worried. So I did make one change, I grabbed a cheap room at the Super 8 and drove down the night before. It worked out great. No parking issues with my car at the hotel all day. We spent a little time a very busy DCA on thursday night. I only wish we got going a little earlier in the day on friday. We got into the parks at maybe 7:15. It was more then quiet enough for a the first few hours. Of course it was the usual sort of busy in the afternoon but we had a few fastpasses and chance to see Mickey and the Magical Map to fill out the rest of our day. After a quick trip to the Lego store on our walk back to the hotel we ran into our only major inconvenience. We had to cross the esplanade. The bag check line to get into the esplanade was crazy. So we didn't bother. We walked through GCH and all the way around DCA to our hotel. It was a long walk but for once that day, we had no fear of tripping over badly piloted strollers.
    "Nice work, pal"

I tend to move around from the TL stage to fireworks near Small World and to Fantasmic and back when I really shouldn't so last night at Disneyland felt more like a crowded Summer evening but nowhere near the impacted madness of OMDD or NYE, all of which I attended.

I was never in DCA so it will be interested to hear how that went. Anyone?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast