Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Updates from the 24 hour madness?

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    I was never in DCA so it will be interested to hear how that went. Anyone?
    WorldDisney's post earlier stated that Tower was 120 minutes.

What I want to know is what happened to Soarin late last night after 11pm. I checked the Mobile Magic App from here in Florida late last night and I couldn't even find Soarin on the list.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The First Star View Post

That is a good point. A few coworkers asked me about it yesterday, so I think there was some GP promotion. Definitely light compared to OMDD which, if I recall, was announced during the Times Square NYE broadcast.

Does anyone know how many total guests showed up yesterday? Was it anywhere near the 125,000 they were expecting?
    I dont know but it didnt FEEL like 125,000 thats all I can say but with the 24 hour time span who knows how many people came and went.

And maybe it wasnt as promoted as much but they probably learned their lesson. And One More Disney Day was promoted as a special event because it fell on a leap day and (at the time) people thought maybe it would only happen every 4 years so it was considered more special.

Now I think A. A lot of people who did OMDD got it out of their system the first time and B. Most probably didnt want to relive it lol. And I think besides just a better organized staff this time people in general were more prepared themselves and there wasnt a mass of people showing up past 8 pm like before. It got busier but much more managable. I think most had already showed up in the afternoon since it seems a lot busier around that time than it was OMDD and not a huge rush like before.

•   
    • Minion

It's a pleasant surprise to see these reports...maybe if they do this again I will think about going.

I honestly avoided this one because a) the reports I'd read about OMDD; b) the addition of Grad Nite. I was really expecting it to be just as chaotic as OMDD so I stayed away.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

I stayed away from it because I didn't have the money for the gas (in Florida, not California. Prices are about the same, but distance is vastly different.) And I'm not as young as I used to be. Ten+ years ago I was able to do a day trip, crowd weave like a running back heading for the end zone, could get from Screamin to Space in about 5 minutes (I think) and still not be hurtin the next day. Those days are over.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

I had work, so I didn't get a chance to go. Disney overnight is awesome! One More Disney Day was a madhouse, and I'm glad they learned from it to make this one better.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123