Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• "I don't like the color"

Updates from the 24 hour madness?

So, where are our fabulous intrepid reporters who are braving the crowds and sleep deprivation to give us some updates?
    Some of us at work (boo, hiss...) can't get a Twitter feed and want to live vicariously through you.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Minion

Re: Updates from the 24 hour madness?

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post

Well, that's one source, but with a 'Disney-spin'. I'd like to see some good, old, unbiased MC'er reports!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    Thanks ohmyjustin, but I prefer to receive updates without the corporate BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Well, that's one source, but with a 'Disney-spin'. I'd like to see some good, old, unbiased MC'er reports!
    Eggzactly...
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

The un biased reports will probably come tomorrow after the event is over. I don't think the parks are too crazy right now but we shall see what happens after everyone gets out of school and off work.

Got to the parks at 545a. Was busy but nothing overwhelming. Zero wait time on practically every ride. My friend and I ride solo on small world, haunted, splash (no one else on the ride at all). Got tickets to the first AP preview of Mickey/Map without any problems and then headed over to CA adven which was more crowded but still nothing horrible. I got zero sleep last night though so at about 130 decided there was no way we'd make it past evening rush hour traffic so we bailed before it started. Grabbed a Sully ear hat which is super cute but has an odd fit and makes the park look like its been over run with shriners.

We actually ate breakfast on small world (muffins and fruit and nuts and tea) cuz ZERO people We're there. We thought it was actually closed. That was fun.

Forgive the typos. iPhone, zombie, etc.

• Closed Account

I'm not braving Disneyland today, because I know better and don't have the energy for that sort of thing. I can't help but wonder though if people saw all of the warnings on news media, social media, Disneyland blogs, etc about high crowds expected, traffic, parking nightmares, etc if they didn't scare some people who may have otherwise attended off. I also think the fact that it's Memorial Day weekend scared a lot of people off knowing it would be crowded. And the Grad Nite on top of that discouraged a lot of families I bet.

I am sure it will get busier this evening, but am interested to hear what everyone there thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    I'm not braving Disneyland today, because I know better and don't have the energy for that sort of thing. I can't help but wonder though if people saw all of the warnings on news media, social media, Disneyland blogs, etc about high crowds expected, traffic, parking nightmares, etc if they didn't scare some people who may have otherwise attended off. I also think the fact that it's Memorial Day weekend scared a lot of people off knowing it would be crowded. And the Grad Nite on top of that discouraged a lot of families I bet.

I am sure it will get busier this evening, but am interested to hear what everyone there thinks.
    Looks similar to One More Disney Day last year. The morning wasn't too bad, just like or even less crowded than a normal day. Then as the evening sets in and sun goes down, it all goes downhill from there! Lots of people like to flock to DL once school and work is over and some even come for just the night

• #bringevilback

I just got back from a few hours. It was busy but not crazy when I got there around 1230 and everything seemed to be well under control. All bag check stations were open, most gates were open and lines to get in we're minimal. I think that might actually have been the quickest I've gotten into the park in a long time! Lines were long but walkways not overly crowded. I was able to get a wristband for the 315 magical map, walked around a little, watched the show, and headed out. It was getting really crowded and lines were really long, including single rider lines, as I walked out. People aren't even off work, so it's only going to get worse! Driving out, there didn't seem to be a lot of traffic around M&F on Ball or getting off the freeway, but there did seem to be way more buses than usual, even for a grad night!

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    I just got back from a few hours. It was busy but not crazy when I got there around 1230 and everything seemed to be well under control. All bag check stations were open, most gates were open and lines to get in we're minimal. I think that might actually have been the quickest I've gotten into the park in a long time! Lines were long but walkways not overly crowded. I was able to get a wristband for the 315 magical map, walked around a little, watched the show, and headed out. It was getting really crowded and lines were really long, including single rider lines, as I walked out. People aren't even off work, so it's only going to get worse! Driving out, there didn't seem to be a lot of traffic around M&F on Ball or getting off the freeway, but there did seem to be way more buses than usual, even for a grad night!
    I am going to guess that there could be a sizable crowd over night just for the sake of being there over night. Because its rare that Disney does something like this. I checked WDW with the My Experience App and only MK is open. The biggest wait as of a few minutes ago was 95 minutes and that was on Big Thunder. Splash was second with 90 minutes, and third was Space with 60. Peter Pan had 45, Buzz had 40. Mansion, Pirates, Mermaid, and Jungle Cruise all had 30 minute waits. The smallest recorded was Small World with a 15 minute wait.

The following at Disneyland are as follows, and they are estimated as of right now. But with the My Mobile App, I only get low/moderate/high demand.....

Space, Star Tours, & Indiana are all high demand. (Thunder is closed for refurb) Splash temporarily U/A. Finding Nemo subs, Buzz, Dumbo, Mr Toad, Peter Pan, Alice, Matterhorn, Autopia, Jungle Cruise, and Haunted Mansion are all moderate. Captain EO, Astro Orbitor, Pinocchio, Snow White, Carrousel, Casey Jr, Teacups, Small World, Pirates, and Pooh all say "See Now." Others are on a strict schedule and Toon Town says 12:00 to 3:00 so maybe there are fireworks. The train is only available until 2:00 am. And that is the Disneyland report coming from Florida. If I can get DCA, I will provide that in a few minutes.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

For DCA, this is as follows....again, estimated from the Mobile Magic App. No specific times, only what kind of demand. And I'm going down a list starting in Paradise Pier.

Screamin has no demand listed, only says open from 8 to 4:00am
    Triton closed.
    Toy Story - High Demand
    Games close at 11:00pm
    Fun Wheel & the Swings say open from 3:00am to 10pm for some reason
    Jellyfish & Zephyr are closed
    Grizzly - See now
    Maters Junkyard - See Now
    Luigis Flying Tires - Moderate
    RS Racers - High Demand (Not surprised)
    Most rides in Bug Land are See Now except the puddle park which closes at 11. (I forget about the time difference)
    Muppets currently Temporarily U/A
    Sorcerers Workshop & Characters close up open till 2am
    Animation Academy & Turtle Talk open till 1:30am
    Monsters Inc - Moderate
    Tower of Terror - High Demand

And for some strange reason, I am not getting any kind of read on Soarin. Perhaps its closed for refurb or something? Strange for it not to be open. And yes, this is coming from Florida.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

According to the Disneyland twitter feed at about 9pm, M&F is full and they are recommending arriving guests head straight to the Toy Story lot.

Yup M&F is full and they are now parking in TS lot. Wonder when they will fill up TS? Now it is wait to see the stories that the early morning hours will bring.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast