Radiator Racers FP

Hello all! What's the best procedure for getting a FP for Radiator Racers? Just to line-up a half hour before opening time and be in line? Is there a special line you know about ahead of time, or do you get to go early? I also hear that the FP machines are not by the ride, but halfway there... are plans firm to keep them there throughout summer?

Thanks!

• MaliBOOMer

Re: Radiator Racers FP

Get there an hour early. The FP line is strait back and under Carthay Circle theater.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Get there an hour early. The FP line is strait back and under Carthay Circle theater.
    Doesn't really matter, even when its around the corner from Carthay, and half way down the block, its a 30 minute wait. Wife got in line at 9:30 IIRC, and she was done by 10:00 for a 2:25-3:25 return time.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    Doesn't really matter, even when its around the corner from Carthay, and half way down the block, its a 30 minute wait. Wife got in line at 9:30 IIRC, and she was done by 10:00 for a 2:25-3:25 return time.
    It's a pain because you waste park time at that point when you could be doing other things.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• a wind to shake the stars

A half-hour to an hour early is probably fine.

Personally I would get in line for the fastpass, and then once you get the ticket immediately go to the single rider line. Your party will have to split up, true, but you'll be able to ride together later with your fastpasses and the single rider line will be very short at the beginning of the day. When I went a few months ago we had fastpasses and had gone on the ride, all by about 9:30 (a half-hour after the park opened).

• Closed Account

A half hour before the park opens is perfect. They let you into DCA early, but only let you go "so far". One of the places that they let you line up at is the fast pass line for Radiator Springs Racers. The actual fast pass machine is located near A Bugs Land. But, the line goes all around and down the corner and past Carthay Circle, you will see the ropes set up for it. From the back of that point (the end of the rope maze by Carthay Circle), it takes 15 minutes to get to the Fast Pass machine. The return time will very on the day of the week, and we've seen anything from 10:45-3:45 as a return time. Fast Passes are definitely the way to go with Radiator Springs Racers.

A couple things to keep in mind, the Fast Passes sell out fast. By 10:00am-10:30am they are usually sold out for the entire day. Once they sell out for the day, they don't distribute more later in that day, so you've missed the Fast Pass window. They post signs near the entrance to the Fast Pass machine when they sell out. Sometimes the sign in Carsland will talk about Fast Passes being available even when the sell out sign is already up, so don't count on that to be accurate.

Make sure every one in your group is in DCA or the Fast Pass machine won't accept the ticket. Regardless of how many announcements they make, how many people I talk to in line, and how many warnings they give you about this, almost every visit I see people get to the front and then realize the tickets won't work because the rest of their party isn't in DCA.

Lastly, if you are young and healthy, you can make the mad dash to Radiator Springs Racers immediately when the park opens (if you are in the "line") when they move the rope to let you in, with all of the the young kids and teens. The line averages 120 minutes that time of day, hence the reason I prefer Fast Passes.

• Mistress of Evil

I try and get there 45 minutes before entry to secure a good place in line (usually around CCT entrance). I have my FP within 10 minutes with a 11am return time usually. After that, we usually walk on ( non EMH days) TSMM.
    If you get there early, you waste less park time in line for the FP.

• Cars Land Rocks!

It just depends on how busy it is, and how long you will stay in DCA. The last time I was there I got in line for FastPasses at 10:30am and got them for a 4pm to 5pm return. Took us 20 to 25 minutes to get through the FP line.

• Minion

Just depends on the day really. Last saturday I got to the park at about 9:30, did a couple of rides and as we were exiting ITTBAB at about 10:30 we walked past the fast pass which to my surprise was still open! The line was about 5 minutes and our return time was 6:20-7:20. So it's a gamble! I'd honestly say if your there at park opening you'll be fine!