Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• i believe in faeries.

Re: Little Known Disneyland Facts

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    The forced perspective on Main Street gives the illusion that your wallet has more money to burn than it actually contains.

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
    Yes, I meant "part of the park."

Is the other CM cafeteria you are referring to called the Inn Between?
    Yes it was. Forgot about that name.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
    -
    -Of the 18 teacups on Mad Tea Party, the plain lavendar one spins the fastest.
    didnt know that O.o, I always thought the Red Rose Teacup was the fastest for awhile

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    During my Disney University training in 1978, we were told that despite Walt's policy of using of first names on worktime, that there were 3 or 4 official "Mister"s in Disneyland: Mr. Toad, Mr. Smee and Mr. Lincoln. For the life of me, I can't think of the 4th Mister in Disneyland, if there is one.
    Mr. Morrow from Flight to the Moon and Mission to Mars?

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    There have been stray cats at Disneyland for years.
    They like to be in the sun on the old Fantasyland Station for the skyway. I saw one in the entrance to Frontierland from the hub side of the land

They are supposed to get rid of the mice
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

• Local Animatronic @ Dland

ticket booth in front of Main Street Cinema

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    I still remember the days LONG before Splash Mountain, the walk towards Country Bear Jamboree had a tall cliff mountain (two or three stories high) with cave on top and the sounds of a snoring bear coming from it. That was Rufus. He got relocated to the back of Tom Sawyers Island at one point.
    Rufus was actually put in the tunnel by Thunder Mountain with the fish (Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland). Then, when Splash Mountain came, Rufus was Brer Bear snoring. Eventually, they put in another recording for the snoring on Splash Mountain and Rufus is gone forever

-Steve Martin worked at Disneyland at the Magic Shop
    -Michelle Pfeiffer was Alice in the Main Street Electrical Parade
    -Ron Ziegler (press secretary for Nixon) was a skipper on the Jungle Cruise
    -The ground at the entrance to the park makes people feel like a VIP, then Main Street's pavement is black, because black gets hot which keeps crowds moving not just to rides, but to Main Street shops
    -Disneyland gets 30 tons of garbage every day
    -On the Matterhorn, the left line (tomorrowland side) is 30 seconds faster, tighter turns,and an unexpected drop
    -the drawbridge to Sleeping Beauty's castle has been raised and lowered twice: the grand opening of Disneyland and the 1983 rededication of the new Fantasyland
    -You cannot wear Mickey ears with an embroidered name of a famous person, sports team, or business. Someone wanted "Vincent" on the back and then he tore off one of the ears (Vincent Van Gogh, famous artist)
    -watch the fireworks from the second floor of the Main Street Station, good view (you get a quick exit too)
    -you can sit with the conductor on the train, ask at Main Street Station (2 seats), sit in front of the Monorail with the driver or the very back, and the wheelhouse of the Mark Twain
    -Walt never wanted gum to be sold in the park, it would make a mess on the streets
    -Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor has a vent on the top of the building to make it smell like ice cream all over the park
    -thousands of original scenes from Disney movies were sold at the park for souveniers ($1 each) during the mid 1950s to 1960s
    -Disneyland Railroad is 1.5 miles
    -In 1 year, the train on the Disneyland Railroad travels 20,000 miles just by going around the park
    -20 minutes to ride around the perimeter of the park on the train
    -the dinosaur diorama from Tomorrowland station to Main Street station is the longest diorama in the world at 306 feet
    -the strangest items found at the Disneyland lost and found: false teeth, a glass eye, prosthetic limb, toupees, and a canary
    -the gas streetlamps on Main Street, 150 years old, were bought 3 cents a pound from Baltimore, St Louis, and Philedelphia which were useless to them. They were very useful during the power outage in December 1982 by lighting the way to be evacuated
    -Each light in Disneyland it replaced when it has reached 80% of its design life than when it fails
    -Thurl Ravenscroft:
    ------voice and face of the fallen bust in the Haunted Mansion (not the Ghost Host!)
    ------narrator of the Disneyland Railroad
    ------does voices for the bullfrogs on Splash Mountain
    ------was the voice of Buff the Buffalo on Country Bear Jamboree
    ------first mate on the Mark Twain Riverboat
    ------lower voiced pirates on Pirates of the Caribbean
    ------voice of Fritz in the Tiki Room
    ------sings "You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch"
    ------was Tony the Tiger until 2005
    and so many more! (more in Disney movies)
    -it takes 10,000 flowers to make the big Mickey face in the front of the park
    -Tarzan's Treehouse, that was for Swiss Family Robinson, is a Disneyodendron. Inspired by the tree in front of the house at 410 N. West Street in Anaheim
    -there are 6,000 leaves (in all) on Tarzan's Treehouse all applied by hand
    -4 treehouses in Disneyland: Tarzan, Chip n Dale, Tom and Huck, and the "Treehouse of Technology" in Innoventions
    -there used to be only one white horse on King Arthur's carousel, because of its popularity, they are all painted white
    -the Dumbo ride would have been "Pink Elephants on Parade" but Walt did not want to encourage kids to drink alcohol
    -President Harry Truman, a Democrat, did not want to ride on Dumbo, because he did not want to be photographed on an elephant (the symbol of the Republican party)
    -So many people used to steal the apple on Snow White when the hag is in the boat, so now it is a hologram. Most of the teeth on the snakes in the Indiana Jones outside queue are gone too, people love souveniers
    -Space Mountain is the tallest mountain in Disneyland, not the Matterhorn, because it is underground to be proportional with the Matterhorn and the castle
    -Rex (RX-24) on Star Tours is the voice of Pee-Wee Herman
    -there are 160,000 different ride combinations that guests can experience on Indiana Jones Adventure (certain seat, certain Indy dialogue, which entry to go into)
    -the Tiki Room is the only attraction with its own restrooms (it was planned to be a restaurant)
    -it took $17 million to build Disneyland in 1954 and it took $17 million to build Splash Mountain in 1989
    -Splash Mountain sends people 45 mph down on the 52-foot drop at a 47-degree angle
    -the water on the Jungle Cruise is only 3 feet deep, that is why the water is tinted brown
    -it takes 9 minutes to ride the monorail from start to finish
    -it is a 1/3 mile trip on the horse-drawn streetcar down Main Street
    -the speed of the horses on King Arthur's Carousel is 4.4 mph
    -an Autopia car produces 7 horsepower
    -the voices of Mickey and Minnie, Wayne Allwine and Russi Taylor are husband and wife, they met on the job
    -most famous characters in the world: 1. Santa Claus 2. Ronald McDonald 3. Mickey Mouse
    -the second-floor balconies of New Orleans Square are rubber for weather purposes
    -Mary Poppins helped pay off New Orleans Square and Pirates of the Caribbean
    -8 graveyards at Disneyland: 4 at the Haunted Mansion, 1 in Frontierland, 1 on Tom Sawyer's Island, 1 in Storybook Land Canal, and 1 in Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
    -employee manuals from 1955 to 2000 says male workers cannot have facial hair. That means Walt, with a moustache, could not work at his own park
    Last edited by Tilly; 05-27-2013 at 11:12 AM.
    -> -> http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/181693-after-hours.html <- <-
    Stories of Disneyland from an animatronic's point of view

I clearly remember hearing a snoring bear cave on the backside of the island one time.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Mostly Harmless.

-All the sidewalks in the park are gluten-free.
    -Every time a Dole Whip is consumed an angel gets its wings.
    -Space Mountain is neither in space nor a mountain.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Can anyone confirm this for me?

Popcorn machine CM's deliberately scatter popcorn on the ground when they see A Service Chihuahua approaching.

I told him this was not true, but does he believe me?
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."

• Parking Lot > DCA

I foresee a lot of "stuff I read on the Internet with little to no credibility" being tossed around in this thread.

• Dont make me unfriend you

When DL was designed, the entrance was designed to be like a movie theater.

You purchased the tickets at the ticket booths.
    The area where the floral Mickey is like the theater's lobby.
    The two tunnels to enter the park are the doors into the theater.
    The names on the Main Street windows are like the opening and closing credits of a movie.

The idea of Disneyland was the guests don't just watch, they enter the show and take part in the action.

I understand this one is out of date.... They used to have a vent by the candy store on Main Street (under the window) and pumped out fake candy smell. They were doing in in the early 1990's. But I understand they no longer do that.
    Jeff made me famous!
    From the Mouth of the Mouse.

• Halloween 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
    -Each light in Disneyland it replaced when it has reached 80% of its design life than when it fails
    This hasn't been true for many years. Simply TONS of photos of burned out bulbs exist.

=Tilly;1056978532]
    -Thurl Ravenscroft:
    ------narrator of the Disneyland Railroad
    I believe the narration has been redone at least twice since Thurl did it. In my research, the current narration is done by Corey Burton since 2006.

=Tilly;1056978532]
    -So many people used to steal the apple on Snow White when the hag is in the boat, so now it is a hologram.
    Not a hologram in the traditional sense. It is a reflection in a mirror. The only true hologram in the park is on Pinocchio's Daring Journey.

=Tilly;1056978532]
    -Rex (RX-24) on Star Tours is the voice of Pee-Wee Herman
    Rex WAS voiced by Paul Reubens/Pee Wee Herman. Rex no longer has a speaking role. How old are these "facts"?

• Observer

In the foyer of the haunted mansion, the chandelier has 6 arms, each arm has 6 candles, each candle has 6 crystals.

• Observer

Store command cashier stands are the old people mover cars, and one of the old rocket jets are used as a shelf

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast