When do Halloween tickets go on sale?

My daughter is asking to go to Disneyland's Not So Scary Halloween party on Halloween for her birthday (her birthday is Oct 30th). Does anyone know when those tickets go on sale? I know in the past the tickets have sold out very quickly - I'm hoping I don't miss them. Thank you!!!!

Re: When do Halloween tickets go on sale?

Here's last Year's information: Just Announced: Halloween Time and Mickey’s Halloween Party Dates at Disneyland Resort; Tickets on Sale Soon « Disney Parks Blog

Last year, it was July 9 for APers, and July 16 for everyone else.

I wonder when Christmas tickets go on sale (should the rumors of hard-ticketed parties be true).

last year i'm not sure it was worth the money. And that was the 3rd year i was going. just wasnt the same

Awesome, thank you, I will set a reminder to look out for tickets at end June - beginning of July. Thank you again!

•   
    • Minion

Also, ours is called Mickey's Halloween Party (no Not-So-Scary) so look out for advertising for that.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• ^_~.

I've been hoping to be able to attend this year now that I live SoCal. I'm super excited that we grownups are allowed to dress in costume for this. I look for any excuse to dress up, and I'm already pondering whether I want to go as Shego from Kim Possible or Gadget from Rescue Rangers^-^.

There is something that's been confusing me, though. I've heard people say that the Halloween party is an "extra expense" that's not worth the money. But if I've got my facts straight, the party is about $55-$65, and you can be at the park from 4pm until midnight. Sooo, doesn't that technically make going to the party cheaper than paying $84 for a regular ticket? Or have I been completely misreading the information, and it's actually $55-$65 on top of the regular ticket price? If not, then sixty bucks or so sounds like a great deal for a "private" party and eight hours in Disneyland.

• Under that tree again!

ChaseTheDream you are right it's not a bad deal. For the ticket price you get 8 hours in the park. For a regular one day ticket you could get as little as 10 hours on the slowest and odd days of the year when the park opens late or closes early. Of course the prices of both will probably rise. At the party you do get the costume option, tons of candy if you like, well pounds realistically, and an extra but small parade and superb fireworks. It's a unique experience, but usually very crowded.

While there is always interest of when tickets go on sale, don't worry. Dates usually don't start selling out until the end of summer.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseTheDream View Post
    There is something that's been confusing me, though. I've heard people say that the Halloween party is an "extra expense" that's not worth the money. But if I've got my facts straight, the party is about $55-$65, and you can be at the park from 4pm until midnight. Sooo, doesn't that technically make going to the party cheaper than paying $84 for a regular ticket? Or have I been completely misreading the information, and it's actually $55-$65 on top of the regular ticket price? If not, then sixty bucks or so sounds like a great deal for a "private" party and eight hours in Disneyland.
    People who are upset about the price are generally AP holders who feel that they have already paid to enter the parks any time their pass is not blacked out, and therefore are being charged extra to attend the event.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lalolovesme View Post
    People who are upset about the price are generally AP holders who feel that they have already paid to enter the parks any time their pass is not blacked out, and therefore are being charged extra to attend the event.
    Or those who use hopper/day tickets on a day that a Halloween Party is happening, and are upset when they're kicked out of DLR at 6pm.

Anyhoo, I agree with swampymarsh on this - the party IS a great deal. It's certainly less than the cost of a day ticket, almost all the rides are open, you get a lot of special features, parades, fireworks, meet & greet ops, etc. and then there's free candy.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Im sure this has been discussed somewhere else, but since we're on the subject here ...

Can someone explain to me the differences between the current Halloween party and the old "Not So Scary" party? I know it's held in DL instead of DCA, is there anything else different? We attended one around 2005/2006, and had the time of our lives. We're going back this year, and Im curious what we should expect. Soooo excited!!