Where will I see the 210 and 57 exit?

Hi. I am leaving Monday the 27 morning. I want to take the 210 to 57 and I was wondering where I should begin to look for those routes. Like will it be soon after the grapevine and is there a specific lane I should be in to make sure not to miss the 210. Thank you all.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Re: Where will I see the 210 and 57 exit?

One, Welcome to Micechat!

Two, when you get on the 57 exit Ball Road (merge in the first merging lane after 91 and don't exit Lincoln) and take Ball to Disneyland Drive you get to park in the structure and not have to take a bus to the parks(I hate that). There is less resort traffic and you get to see the back wall of Disney (like the back side of water...)
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

I live close to I-210 (or "the 210" as most people around here say), and I would personally take I-210 east to I-605 south to highway 91 east to I-5 south.

But if you're not familiar with the area, I think the 210 east to the 57 south is a better route traffic-wise than taking Interstate 5 all the way to Anaheim.

You can check all the exits and which landmarks to look for on sites like Google Maps. You can check alternate routes, and what the traffic is usually like for certain routes at certain times of certain days.

Of course, that doesn't into account if a tractor trailer overturns on the freeway. If you have a smart phone and have someone who can use it safely while you drive, you can use a live traffic site like sigalert.com to monitor traffic once you get to greater Los Angeles.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

One thing I do that helps me when I go somewhere I'm not familiar with... I do Google maps and do a street view and "drive" the section I'm least comfortable with, or the part where I'm going to have to find a specific thing (motel etc), so I kind of have an idea of what I'm going to be seeing before I actually see it.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• socal native

If you are coming from the grapevine, it will be quite a while before the 210/57 split. The change over occurs at Glendora/San Dimas, about a half hour from Pasadena (depending on traffic), which is about a 45 minute drive from Frazier Park.

• Chief Troublemaker

The 210 exit off I5 is about 5-7 miles give or take south of 6 Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, if you're familiar with that. The 210/57 interchange is way past that, maybe 60 miles or so.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SpacemanSpiff View Post
    I live close to I-210 (or "the 210" as most people around here say), and I would personally take I-210 east to I-605 south to highway 91 east to I-5 south.
    This is our route, works very well when there is traffic on the 5. We tried the 57 and didn't like it as well.

The 210 will come up just after Six Flags. If you see the signs for the 14, start watching for the 210, I think it is about 5 miles later. Also, you will have to go across several lanes to get to the 210, as they add 2-3 lanes just before the 210.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    The 210 exit off I5 is about 5-7 miles give or take south of 6 Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, if you're familiar with that. The 210/57 interchange is way past that, maybe 60 miles or so.
    It isn't that far. To the 210 -> 605 is 35 miles, and it is about 10 miles further to the 57.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.