Thread: Internet??

• What, where am i?

Internet??

Does anyone know where there is wireless internet inside the Disneyland park??
    If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. Then find someone who's life has given them vodka and have a party.

I look at you and I see 2 men. The man you are and the man you ought to be. One day those 2 will meet and should make for one hell of a football player!

If this is torture, chain me to the wall

Are you there God? It's me Jesus.

Locke and Jack are to busy worrying about Locke and Jack.

The best kind of Prize is a surprise! Hehehe

The sun never sets on the Disney Empire.

• no flash photography...

Re: Internet??

I don't think there is. They had a paper in our hotel room with all the wireless internet on it. What I can remember is all the bars (lost bar, GCH bar, cove bar), the lounge at the GCH, white water snacks and the business center in the DLH. There may ahve been others, but I don't recall any being inside DL.

• Basking in birthday love

I know that we brought our laptops on May 5th to watch a movie while we waited to get into the park, and we couldn't find wireless from within the esplanade. I'd imagine that with all the heavy-duty electronics around, any wireless signal would get fried anyway. Hotels definitely have it, though.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Yeah, inside the parks, Wireless internet is a definate no.

I believe you can get high-speed in the rooms of the hotel, you just have to ask the front desk for a cord to connect with if you haven't brought your own. SCUBAbe was right, from what I remember about the wireless locations.

I'm sure Darkbeer could shed even more light on this question since he's always at the Resort taking pictures for all of us and uploading them (usually from the Lost Bar, if I'm not mistaken )

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

They could have wireless... but they don't. For some reason retail at DL isn't as advanced as WDW's is. No clue why. WDW uses a secure wi-fi network that reaches virtually every inch of every theme park to use for credit card use anywhere. And for the EMH Wristband PDA... and all sorts of other stuff. LOL

Unfortunately, even in WDW, none of the wireless in the parks is public.

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    They could have wireless... but they don't. For some reason retail at DL isn't as advanced as WDW's is. No clue why. WDW uses a secure wi-fi network that reaches virtually every inch of every theme park to use for credit card use anywhere. And for the EMH Wristband PDA... and all sorts of other stuff. LOL

Unfortunately, even in WDW, none of the wireless in the parks is public.
    It actually disturbs me a little that they use wi-fi for their credit card system, because even the most secure wireless network is still much more easily breached than a land line.

I miss when you could get to the internet on the Innoventions computers. Sure, you weren't supposed to be able to, but it was the world's easiest firewall to circumvent. Now they're all locked down to VMK, and there's no way to make them do anything else. Highly lame.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Just this guy......

There is no "Disney wireless" inside the park that your laptop can hook into. However, the hotels do have hotspots to login to (for free) in the lobbies and bars.

• Banned User

why worry about wi-fi when you are supposed to be on vacation or enjoying the park. aren't they supposed to be a break from reality? I can just see it now.. sitting down to take a break on a bench or waiting for a parade to start and out pops the laptop. I mean seriously can't it wait till you get back to your room or home? It's bad enough with cell phones!!!!

• What, where am i?

no like if i'm at the park and i took a picture and i wnated to put it on mice chat, i can!
    If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. Then find someone who's life has given them vodka and have a party.

I look at you and I see 2 men. The man you are and the man you ought to be. One day those 2 will meet and should make for one hell of a football player!

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    why worry about wi-fi when you are supposed to be on vacation or enjoying the park. aren't they supposed to be a break from reality? I can just see it now.. sitting down to take a break on a bench or waiting for a parade to start and out pops the laptop. I mean seriously can't it wait till you get back to your room or home? It's bad enough with cell phones!!!!
    some people enjoy computers and the internet. Thats how I relax at te end of my day. DL is fun, btu not very relaxing.....LOL...I guess it is, but it's a different kind of relaxing. Also, I may get an importatnt e-mail I need to respond to, but I usually wait until the end of the day. I would love to surf the net in the boring lines though.

It's called instant gratification from your buzz lightyear pics.

• Banned User

I guess that is what is wrong with the times, we are so used to getting things NOW, we don't know patience. and with cell phones and blackberries and palm pilots we are never away from work. Heck my hunbby took his palm phone on vacation so he could check his email three times a day. and that was in alaska. Next year we are gonna go to europe so he can't " talk".

• What, where am i?

good point

• Title: [scanning.....]

I'd bring my laptop for the sole purpose of checking email, posting, and if necessary, (ugh) homework... That is all
    Buy Genius eau de toilette: Made with 1% Inspiration

Happiness is returning after a much regretted hiatus!!!

BOO!

• Banned User

I agree 100% and that is coming from a person that is obsessed with computers!!!