• :)

Bringing your date to Disneyland

So most of us have done this one, weather it's your girlfriend, fiance, boyfriend, girlfriend, first date, last date, summer fling, etc, etc.

what is your "date" routine?
    • Personally I like to hit the bar first thing (lighten the mood, stir the conversation and loosen things up), preferably Ariel's Grotto but if the parks are packed we'll do ESPN Zone, House of Blues, or Trader Sam's.
    • Then it's usually straight to Tower of Terror or California Screamin', I find that the "scary" rides bring out the laughter and get yourself, and your partner pumped up for the rest of the day and night
    • After this I like to walk across to the Train Station and take the train to Adfront/NOCC and ride Haunted Mansion, hit the island, walk and talk a bit then go on Indiana Jones.

After this It always varies, and this is only if my date doesn't have an agenda or preference on plans either.

Fortunately this was my date plan for years, worked like a charm..Then one day I brought a girl to Disneyland and followed this same routine, and now she's my fiance and we've been following the same routine every time we go to DLAND So, what's your "date routine?"

• *Experiment 999*

Re: Bringing your date to Disneyland

My new routine is actually very similar to yours, lol.

Depending on what day we go, a ToT fast pass is our usual first stop.

Then, I normally have the date and I hit up the Cove Bar or Trader Sam's for an hour or so and take in some adult beverages. I recently found a really great bar tender at the Cove Bar, so if he's there, Ill make sure to hit up that establishment

My current squeeze loves toy story mania, so we have to wait for that after the above events.

I then insist we hit up goofy's sky school, because i love that ride for whatever reason. Next is the little mermaid ride, then over to disneyland to finish up the night.

• formerly very helpful

Just be forwarned. Bringing a date to Disneyland can be dangerous. I took a girlfriend to Disneyland, we ended up getting married.

I like to walk into Disneyland first to see the iconic Mickey face in flowers and realize "Yay! I'm in Disneyland!" Then either get on the steam train or walk up Main St. towards the castle.

I took my bf on his first trip there last year and the first ride we went on was PoC - he can't do rides with big drops first thing - and now it is one of our favorite rides.

Since we are married, we start out in Disneyland in the morning, but end with California Adventure and some drinks at the end of the night. Makes for a nice end to the trip. Tower of Terror, screaming and soaring are great after a couple of beers. We usually stay at the hotel one night so we don't have to drive.

My husband's first trip to Disneyland was with me, before we were married. He was visiting family in the LA area, my family was traveling to LA, so we agreed to meet in Garden Grove. My parents first found out that he and I were considering marriage, the night before his trip to DL. So (as was mentioned above),"bringing a date to Disneyland can be dangerous....we ended up getting married."

We were young, and I had him all over the park, taking him to all the E-ticket rides. (Back then, they were literally that...this was 1977.) That was also the first time I saw the Main Street Electrical Parade. I fell in love with it then, and it's still my favorite parade.

Donna
    1967, 1973, 1977 - DLR (RV parks)
    1980-1984 - DLR (multiple single days or at now-defunct motels)
    1994 - DLR (off-site hotel)
    2007 - DLR (single day)
    2008, 2009 - DLR (BW Stovall's)
    2012 - WDW (PopC)
    2013 - DLR (Candy Cane Inn)

• Blew By You

Taking dates to Disneyland was always a disaster for me. I had better times with family and friends. But I finally did bring a date to Disneyland and we did wind up getting married. Who knew!

the very last part got me. congradulations.
    i actually met my boyfriend of the past 4 years at Disneyland. me being me i was at disneyland one monday, and a myspace friend of mine (lol how lame) who lived literally down the street from the park came down to the park just to meet me face to face. i didnt want to meet him and i was just going about my 'Disney day' but when i saw him it was love at first sight i must say, and ever since that day we have been unseperable. literally unseperable since that day we meet at disney.
    okay well besides the back story, i made him get an annual pass to continue to be with me(haha) and he has made my happiest place on earth even better.
    but we usually hit disneyland first, ride my favorites like Star Tours and Haunted Mansion,
    of course we hit snow white wishing whell.
    but halfway threw the day we go to DCA and ride the scarey rides like tower of terror, or the romantic(or as i see it) soarin over california, we also like to goof off like little kids in the UP camp area, run around the obsticles and race eachother.
    but when it startes to get darker we go to downtown disney, and we always visit the wedding lot, it is where we had our first kiss x) (chessy)
    And around then its usualy like 8:30 and we literally RUN back into the park to get seating for Fantasmic! which to me isnt the same to watch without a date.
    so Fantasmic! and World of Color are couple must do's
    another one that i love to experiance with my date is the little randon light water shows that happen at Pixie Hallow, all unexpected everytime i make sure i catch one of those shows. he loves to see my face light up!
    because everyone already knows the fireworks.
    but it pretty incredible take a loved one or date to disneyland, its so sweet and romantic.
    okay enough of my goooshyness.
    To all who come to this Happy Place.... WELCOME șoș
    -ig: thelipsticklizz tw:lipsticklizz

• Perfect Insanity

My husband and I enjoy "date" night there from time to time. Sometimes we will go on a ride or 2 but alot of times we just do the things we can't with the kids around. So we get coffee and cookies. Find a spot to sit for a little bit while we enjoy the cookies and people watch. Then we usually window shop in the stores the kids don't care to be in. Its always a nice time no matter what we decide to do there.
    Princess Anna

Mom To
    Video Game Player-Noah (6/5/98)
    &
    Baseball Player & All Stars Basketball Player-Kaleb (3/8/02)
    &
    Ballerina Princess Skylar (9/21/06)
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

I dont have a routine for you. I dont date much since some guy ditched his prom to take me to Disneyland for my first trip. We're getting ready to celebrate our 21st anniversary ... at Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by oodelally View Post
    I dont have a routine for you. I dont date much since some guy ditched his prom to take me to Disneyland for my first trip. We're getting ready to celebrate our 21st anniversary ... at Disneyland

congratulations!!!
    To all who come to this Happy Place.... WELCOME șoș
    -ig: thelipsticklizz tw:lipsticklizz