Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Fast pass question

Quote Originally Posted by johnlawwhiskey View Post
    Don't know when you were last there, but it won't work for Radiator Springs, or many of the other Fast Pass machines in DCA (including World Of Color).
    I did it May 12th... Everyone was in Disneyland. I exited and headed to RSR FP. No one had entered DCA except me. To be clear, we all went in DL, I took at the passes, and exited to DCA while they went to get seats at Carnation Cafe. I pulled the FPs for RSR, then for Soarin'. Then went back to Carnation.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Maybe it differs between annual passes and tickets as we have premium annual passes so that is the only way we have ever tried it.
    We have Premier passes, and they work as long as they have been scanned into either park.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

I've done it with Deluxe passes and it has worked everytime. Last time for us however was October. Again, same as Malcon10t, we all entered Disneyland and activated every ticket there. I took every ticket to DCA with me. CM's each time yelled everyone had to be in DCA. Everytime I was able to get one. The people I have seen not get fastpasses are those who have party members still in the hotel who have not entered either park yet. If this has changed it must have been subsequent to May 12.

And for those wondering, we confirmed this on May 26, 2013 when my boyfriend went to Disneyland to get breakfast and I tried to get fast passes for Radiator Springs Racers at DCA with both of our passes. It would not work at Radiator Springs Racers fast pass machine because he had not been in DCA that day. I did find out that if you are in DCA earlier in the day that it will register for a fast pass, even if the person is not at DCA at that moment. Maybe it differs between annual passes and tickets as we have premium annual passes so that is the only way we have ever tried it.
    Just to make sure I have this right, you are saying you both entered Disneyland, you then took both tickets to DCA and waited in the RSR fastpass line and his ticket did not work while yours did?

• World of Color

Yes, you could do that. Just make sure that all of the tickets you are planning to use are scanned at either Disneyland or DCA.

• Closed Account

We both entered Disneyland to get breakfast. Then I left Disneyland with both passes. I only entered DCA, he stayed in Disneyland. When I got to the Radiator Springs Racers fast pass machine, it would not scan his pass, and scanned mine no problem. The employee tried it three times, said the guest is not in DCA's gates and handed me the pass back.

We both entered Disneyland to get breakfast. Then I left Disneyland with both passes. I only entered DCA, he stayed in Disneyland. When I got to the Radiator Springs Racers fast pass machine, it would not scan his pass, and scanned mine no problem. The employee tried it three times, said the guest is not in DCA's gates and handed me the pass back.
    That's a bummer. Looks like they are taking away all the fastpass tricks.

• Minion

I have had instances where I entered DCA, went to go to Screamin' to pull a FP, and it said I hadn't entered a park yet. In that case, the CM was able to give me a FP, however, they will not do that at RSR. I had to go back out and have them rescan my pass. In 5 years, this has happened maybe 4 times.

• Wished I lived closer!

You guys are great. Thanks for all the feedback. I guess we will just try to do it and hope for the best!!

Another explanation for the inconsistency could be the fact that some people on this thread are using AP's and some are using Parkhopper tickets. It's a possibility that Parkhopper tickets are treated to a more strict FP policy than AP's due to the history of ticket sharing.

Someone needs to call the Mythbusters in on this one.
    "Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding. Perhaps you sense a disquieting metamorphosis occurring? Is this room actually stretching, or is it your imagination?"

- I think we all know where this is from

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ewokrights View Post
    Another explanation for the inconsistency could be the fact that some people on this thread are using AP's and some are using Parkhopper tickets. It's a possibility that Parkhopper tickets are treated to a more strict FP policy than AP's due to the history of ticket sharing.

Someone needs to call the Mythbusters in on this one.
    When we take my nieces, they go on a park hopper. Never a problem. I will try it again on the 6th when we are there.

Malcon10t and jonnaorange,
    Please keep us posted and let us know if it still works. I hope I don't have to change my plan of attack next time I am there. (More so than I do already with enforcement of fastpass return times.)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by gparzlaw View Post
    Malcon10t and jonnaorange,
    Please keep us posted and let us know if it still works. I hope I don't have to change my plan of attack next time I am there. (More so than I do already with enforcement of fastpass return times.)
    This last Thurs, we all entered Disneyland, and went to Carnation Cafe. I left early and took everyone's tickets and went to DCA, grabbed fastpasses for RSRs then hit Soarin' for FPs. Not a problem. Headed back to Disneyland and met them at Matterhorn.

Awesome. Good to know. Thank you Malcon10t for posting. I've been anxiously waiting to hear if it still worked that way. I haven't been back yet since they started enforcing the end times. Has that made you change your fastpass strategy at all?

We also had a problem with both being in DCA and one wouldn't work. Only got 1 FP. Had to exit DCA & reenter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast