Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Wished I lived closer!

Fast pass question

I was wondering... We will be taking advantage of a Magic Morning while in DL in a few weeks. I would like to send a runner over to get FP's for RSR when DCA opens at 8:00. Can that happen? As in, the rest of us don't need to go through the turnstiles with our tickets into DCA since we are already in DL? I feel like I should know this already...

Thanks!

Re: Fast pass question

you can't get a fast pass until after your ticket has been scanned at the gate.

you could probably send someone ahead to get in line, the rest of the party could come later and hand the tickets to the person in line.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by joannaorange View Post
    I was wondering... We will be taking advantage of a Magic Morning while in DL in a few weeks. I would like to send a runner over to get FP's for RSR when DCA opens at 8:00. Can that happen? As in, the rest of us don't need to go through the turnstiles with our tickets into DCA since we are already in DL? I feel like I should know this already...

Thanks!
    You cannot send one person over to DCA to get fast passes. Every one needs to go into DCA together and scan their tickets at the front gate, or the tickets will not be valid for fast passes. Once everyone is inside the gates of DCA, you can send one person with all of the tickets to get fast passes while everyone else rides some other ride in the park.

• Minion

Yes. Once the tickets have been scanned into EITHER park, one person can take all the tickets to get FP in the other park. We do this all the time.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Yes. Once the tickets have been scanned into EITHER park, one person can take all the tickets to get FP in the other park. We do this all the time.[/COLOR]
    is this fairly recent? I have heard in the past that this wouldn't work.

• Wished I lived closer!

So far I like Malcon10t's answer the best.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by gary94080 View Post
    is this fairly recent? I have heard in the past that this wouldn't work.
    It's been at least since WoC started. We would go to DL, scan in, my daughter would head the kids to do things, and I would go to the WOC line. Before they cracked down on times, I would run to DCA to get FP for additional rides while the kids played in DL, then have FP for the afternoon to ride all the big rides. I still do RSR this way on EMH Disneyland days.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

I wonder if it works for RSR and WoC because they're not networked so they only check to make sure your ticket has been used for an entry that day but don't check which park?

• The doctor is in

As far as I know there is not a CM making sure each ticket holder is there to scan their individual tickets for a FP. So I suppose the answer is yes.

However, kirstenh brings up an interesting point. I don't know if the FP machines are smart enough but if a ticket has been scanned at Disneyland and not DCA it might not spit out a FP. But then again it might. Won't find out unless you try.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Yes, once a person enters EITHER park their ticket works on fastpass machines in both parks. I've done it many times for multiple machines in both parks. We have all entered Disneyland and I have immediately taken everyone's ticket and ran over to DCA to fastpass.

As long as they are scanned into either park it will work. Although the last few times waiting for RSR FP the cast members have been shouting "Everyone in your party must be in California Adventure" but isn't true as long as they are scanned into a park.

• Wished I lived closer!

Ok...this is good info to know. Thanks, everyone! Only 11 more days!!

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    Yes. Once the tickets have been scanned into EITHER park, one person can take all the tickets to get FP in the other park. We do this all the time.[/COLOR]
    Don't know when you were last there, but it won't work for Radiator Springs, or many of the other Fast Pass machines in DCA (including World Of Color). You have to have everyone enter DCA to activate the tickets ability to print a fast pass. It won't work if it was activated at Disneyland only. I have seen people wait in line for over 30 minutes (not including the pre-line up before the park opens) only to ignore the warnings of the cast members and everyone else along the way and think they have beat the system, only to get up to the fast pass machine and only be able to get one for the people who are in DCA.

• Closed Account

And for those wondering, we confirmed this on May 26, 2013 when my boyfriend went to Disneyland to get breakfast and I tried to get fast passes for Radiator Springs Racers at DCA with both of our passes. It would not work at Radiator Springs Racers fast pass machine because he had not been in DCA that day. I did find out that if you are in DCA earlier in the day that it will register for a fast pass, even if the person is not at DCA at that moment. Maybe it differs between annual passes and tickets as we have premium annual passes so that is the only way we have ever tried it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    However, kirstenh brings up an interesting point. I don't know if the FP machines are smart enough but if a ticket has been scanned at Disneyland and not DCA it might not spit out a FP. But then again it might. Won't find out unless you try.
    I personally have also used it for Screamin', Soaring, adn TOT.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast