Disney 1/2 Marathon and 10K race Bibs

Hi mice-chatters! I was so excited about signing up for the Disneyland 10K race this year (I am still training and just finished my first-ever race this month!) but it sold out so quickly! Does anyone know of a site or page where I can purchase a race bib? A few friends told me that its common for people to register, then not be able to attend, so they sell their bibs online. Do you know if that's true for this race?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    ~CurlyFry~

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Disney 1/2 Marathon and 10K race Bibs

While Disney does not "officially" allow transfers of bibs, I have found bibs on Craigslist for some other races including the first Tinkerbelle 1/2. As always though, buyer beware.

Also, the person who registered must pick up the bib, Disney will not allow you to pick up a bib for somebody else. So you'd have to meet them at the Expo. If they don't want to meet you at Expo then I'd be wary.

• Former ODV/SE CM

There are a few race groups on facebook where people post wants/needs for bibs. The closer it gets to the race more bibs become available due to injuries, travel, or other reasoning.

As for bib pick up, it is possible to pick up bibs for someone else. You will need a copy of their driver's license (which could be really hard to get from a complete stranger) and the must fill out a pick up authorization form.

Here was the form for this year's Tink: http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rund...l/HalfForm.pdf
    I actually heard this said by a CM over the loud speakers at Big Thunder in 1995, "Please do not sit on the rocks. You will fall...and you will die."

Feel free to post a "wanted" ad here and hopefully someone will contact you. Otherwise, keep an eye out on craigslist closer to the race date.

MarathonGuide.com - Message Boards