Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Foolish Mortal

Did anyone else receive the AP Survey email yet?

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to discuss it or not, so I'll leave it pretty vague. But did any other APH's get an email asking if they'dd like to take a survey regarding the APs and newly proposed "Monthly Service Plan"?

**updated to include screenshot in my first post**

Last edited by moregumboplease; 05-30-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Re: Did anyone else receive the AP Survey email yet?

I received an email with a survey earlier this week as well.

• Foolish Mortal

Nice. Im not a fan of the newly proposed "service".

• #bringevilback

For those of us who have not received it, what is the new service?

I don't understand why you are being vague. Disney does not care if you talk about an online survey, if they did, the survey would be done in person and you be asked to sign a waiver agreeing not to talk about it.

What is this new service they are proposing?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by moregumboplease View Post
    Nice. Im not a fan of the newly proposed "service".
    Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    For those of us who have not received it, what is the new service?
    It's basically a new version of the current monthly payment system that includes a month-to-month option. When it comes time to renew my pass, I will have the option to either recommit to another 12 month AP or can choose instead to "pay as you go" which is very much like a gym membership. Guests with expired APs or guests getting APs for the first time would have to commit to a 12 month AP and can utilize the month-to-month option when it comes time to renew.

The month-to-month payment is determined by the current AP price divided by 12. When admission prices increase, so will the month-to-month payment and is calculated as the current AP price divided by 12. Guests who choose a 12 month AP would continue to pay the rate agreed upon at the time of purchase. At any point, a month-to-month pass can be "upgraded" to a 12 month AP, effectively locking in the current price for the next year.

All it takes to "suspend" and "reactivate" you month-to-month AP is a phone call to Disney, though it's likely there will be a self service option available.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Many of the other theme parks (Seaworld and Universal Orlando) have started to do this, and I like it. It gives maximum flexibility after you've locked in the first year. You can then drop it and start it up when you wish.

It's really nice if life plans change, and you want to hold off for an AP for a few months.
    -Monorail Man

• Avid MC reader since 2005

Will they be extending this offer to AP holders outside of southern California?

Here is a guess about what is going on. A large number of people are defaulting on the monthly obligation and Disneyland realizes that they will not be able to collect on a large portion of the defaults so they are forced to consider offering these terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    Many of the other theme parks (Seaworld and Universal Orlando) have started to do this, and I like it. It gives maximum flexibility after you've locked in the first year. You can then drop it and start it up when you wish.

It's really nice if life plans change, and you want to hold off for an AP for a few months.

ok so i have a question since i had not looked into this program.

I purchased a pass for my partner on new years Eve since he did not have one and it expires 12-31-13 I already had a pass that expires on 6-10-13 i did not really want to renew my pass again but do plan on maybe going again a couple times for halloween and Christmas but i hate that his pass will be wasted for the rest of the year.

So Can i renew my pass on this month to month basis and only do it for the remaining of this year and then be done with Disney passes for a while?

DO i need to do this before my pass expires to be eligible or can i do it next month since we had no plans to going to resort in June?

or

is it not worth it for me to even consider getting the pass for the next six months. for reference my partners pass is a southern Cal pass mine is a premium but would downgrade if possible
    Last edited by Baloo; 05-29-2013 at 07:25 AM.

• Minion

The program is not active yet. The email was only asking what our opinion was.

If it was available now, you'd have to wait until it's time to renew your passes to take advantage of the month-to-month option and are contractually obligated to a 12 month AP.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    [EDIT: Information further down invalidates my assumption and this will not work with the plan as proposed in the survey.]

Or have predictably free -- or less busy -- weeks or months during the year, or like the park at certain times of the year. Personally, I like the park unadorned and *not* decorated for any holidays (and, coincidentally, when the HM is in its original state) which has become almost 5/12ths of the operating year. Someone might be just the opposite.
    Last edited by bigcatrik; 05-29-2013 at 02:37 PM.

• #bringevilback

It's an interesting option. I have mixed feelings, but I guess this does go to show that disneyland isn't actually trying to cut back on the number of APs as some have speculated...

• Foolish Mortal

Sorry for being vague, I wasn't sure what the legalities may have been. Here is a screenshot I took of the survey where it breaks down the proposed plan.

• #bringevilback

Based on that it wouldn't work for those who prefer to go only during certain seasons, as you'd have to do a full 12 month after canceling prior to going back to month to month. There is really little benefit to this unless you know you aren't going to be around for the whole subsequent year or not wanting the pass for the full year.

On a side note, I just got an email survey reguarding my AP butting just asked about visiting habits and preferences...nothing was mentioned about a monthly plan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast