Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Re: Explosion at Toontown (05/28/13)

That cm is a fool.
    Reading through the earlier posts that so easily blamed teenagers, shame on you. People blame kids so easily and most of the time os adults who do stupid things.

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Yeah...and his father and neighbors "claims" he is such a "good kid".....
    Its easy to make those claims when the guy probably is a "good kid"...but towards the elders. I don't know about any of you, but I maintained good behavior towards the older people and those I respected.

I believe the kid is good and can be reasoned with. I do. And according to several news, he is being cooperative. With that said, it doesn't necessarily mean he isn't an idiot. I pitied him and his 1million dollar bail/possible max 7 years in prison sentence, but its revealed he did this twice now? Really??? He's clearly just a reckless prankster who probably thought he'd get away with it. Its not an act of terror or true malice, even if its defined as one under law (lawmakers haven't always been the brightest of people). This is just an idiot who probably just wanted to scare people. Yes. People got scared. Glad no one got hurt. But the bad thing of this are all the "what if" scenarios. I pitied the fool when I heard of this happening. But his bail has been reduced and he did this twice. Hmm...I think now I'm fine with the punishment he'll receive. Such an idiotic, reckless thing to do after what has happened in this country. I "pray" his idiocy doesn't inspire.
    ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Callaghans View Post
    That cm is a fool.
    Reading through the earlier posts that so easily blamed teenagers, shame on you. People blame kids so easily and most of the time os adults who do stupid things.
    Chronologically, this young man may be a legal adult, but he's got some serious growing up to do. He's 22 going on 13, IMHO.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Callaghans View Post
    That cm is a fool.
    Lets call this man a Disneyland employee never again a cast member.

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Since this was done in Toontown, IF he gets jail time, it would be appropriate that he serve his time in the Toontown jail.

They will just have to be careful that he doesn't sneek out to pull and push the nearby plunger that sets off fireworks, explosions and boing-ing sounds.

This is the only post I care about in this thread, hahahaha!

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Steveman View Post
    I agree. My guess is that once this non-news news story dies down they'll reduce the bail and eventually have a plea agreement to some misdemeanor charge and he'll do some community service. While there are plenty of people ready to be hysterical over anything and everything, the majority of folks in this country are still rational. Of course there's always the chance someone in the DA's office might decide to try to make a name for him or herself and attempt to prosecute him to the extreme, but I doubt it.
    This this this.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I can't believe some of you people on here. Flying can be very boring. So if a passenger set off this type of a bomb on an airplane just because they're bored would that be ok too?

Whats the difference between doing this on an airplane and doing this in California's most popular tourist attraction filled with innocent children and their families and friends?
    See below..

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    but that doesn't mean this needs to be sensationalized into something more dramatic.
    I've never understood why we must jump to "what ifs" during these sorts of situations. What happened, happened. It didn't happen on a plane, there wasn't debris flying everywhere nearly hitting toddlers, and most importantly no one was injured. All we can (and should) do is commend Disney on their evacuation efforts during a time of confusion like this, and hope that procedures are put in place to make sure this doesn't happen again. There is no reason to make up "what if" situations at this point.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I've never understood why we must jump to "what ifs" during these sorts of situations. What happened, happened. It didn't happen on a plane, there wasn't debris flying everywhere nearly hitting toddlers, and most importantly no one was injured. All we can (and should) do is commend Disney on their evacuation efforts during a time of confusion like this, and hope that procedures are put in place to make sure this doesn't happen again. There is no reason to make up "what if" situations at this point.
    Well said. When this guy gets his day in court, he'll be tried on what he did and what damage or injuries were caused by what he did, not on what might have been caused.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

Correct, however....

its the potential danger that's of high importance. When you set off a dry ice bomb it doesn't say "ok when I explode its just gonna make a loud noise and this time I won't toss around debris and potential shrapnel".

The results are unexpected. This guy purposely (did it twice) set off a dry ice bomb for whatever reason. He could not have predicted the outcome and got lucky with what really happened. But just because you get lucky doesn't mean you didn't play with the lives of those around you with what happened.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Well said. When this guy gets his day in court, he'll be tried on what he did and what damage or injuries were caused by what he did, not on what might have been caused.
    Not necessarily. When you point a gun in public you're arrest for reckless aggravated assault. It doesn't matter if the gun went off or somebody got hurt. You're arrested on the danger and potential.

Differnt weapon same concept just depends on legal definitions, but he certainly can be held liable for all the lives put into danger by the act, either criminally or civilly.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by d.N.d. View Post
    Not necessarily. When you point a gun in public you're arrest for reckless aggravated assault. It doesn't matter if the gun went off or somebody got hurt. You're arrested on the danger and potential.
    Correct. That's because there is a law against pointing a gun in public. My point was that the "what if" of what could have happened if this guy had set off a dry ice "bomb" in an airliner, and other similar arguments, are irrelevant to what happens on his day in court; what's relevant is what laws he broke and what damage/injuries he caused.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I agree completely.

at it's obvious to me that the terrorists have accomplished at least part of their goal.

for the most part they have won and scored on that one for a long time now. and the people themselves and their fear got the best out of them. poor kid i hope everything works out with him. a prank gone wrong sounds like it to me.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    Lets call this man a Disneyland employee never again a cast member.

I think it's safe to say we can call him a FORMER Disneyland employee at this point.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Set off two of these bombs. And was lucky that the CM emptying the garbage can wasn't injured. This is why this wasn't a simple prank. It took minutes for the thing to go off. There was no idea if anyone would be near the bottle when it exploded. As it happened, just lucky the CM wasn't holding the bag.
    Last edited by jaybee; 05-30-2013 at 03:24 PM.

I think that we're making a lot of assumptions here and trying to draw too many premature conclusions. For all we know, there may be more to this story than meets the eye, and hopefully additional information, including motive, will come out of the investigation. Suffice to say that such an action was stupid to the extreme, at the very least, and could potentially have caused physical injuries to cast members and guests. Thankfully nobody was hurt, and I'm glad that the perpetrator was caught; hopefully even in today's climate of fear he will be treated fairly and justly under the law, as we all deserve.

Now what I really want to know is whether a Jungle Cruise skipper happened to be in the area when the dry-ice bomb(s) went off, and said "What was that?! Uh oh, looks like danger up ahead...let's get closer!"

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    The thing that bothers me most about this incident, and the responses to it, is that it's obvious to me that the terrorists have accomplished at least part of their goal.
    True, but in the big picture their actions were really just an excuse for others to change American society. The government and media really deserve all the credit for never letting a good crisis go to waste.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

This this this.

See below..

Nicely summed up, and ironically by Explodingboy.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast