Using Disney World Tickets at Disneyland

My family has successfully used Disney World tickets (with no expiration) at Disneyland in the past. Has anyone tried this recently? We were wondering if the new photo policy would make entrance into the park even slower. Thanks!
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

• Minion

Re: Using Disney World Tickets at Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda View Post
    My family has successfully used Disney World tickets (with no expiration) at Disneyland in the past. Has anyone tried this recently? We were wondering if the new photo policy would make entrance into the park even slower. Thanks!
    Same rules in effect.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

When you say same rules in effect does that mean it works. My family is going down and we can only get 5 day passes for Disneyland and want to buy a 7 day pass Disney world pass to use. I know Disney wants to avoid people sharing passes but I can't believe they are leaving money on the table buy not selling passes longer than 5 days.

You must activate the ticket at Disney world & use a day before you can use them at disneyland I think.

Why don't you just get an annual pass? Then you can use it on your trip next year.

• Singing Drinker

You might also want to try calling Disneyland or Disneyworld directly - as they're the ones honoring or not honoring the tickets, they'd be the source of info.
    There's nothing like being in heavy rehearsal for a new season to remind you that this isn't just a hobby.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I believe those Disney World tickets must be of the no-expiration variety. I don't believe that you can buy a brand new Disney World ticket with the intention of using it exclusively at Disneyland.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• -

I do it all the time. It's called a Premier Passport.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Joe Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda View Post
    Back to the original question. On June 9th our family from Colorado came out to visit and tried to do this. We've done it multiple times in the past and didn't have any issues.

On June 9th, we went to the ticket booth at the DL gate, told the ticket taker we were using WDW tickets, and they called a manager over just like normal. Five minutes later another manager returned and said they weren't doing that anymore. We asked for more information but he spouted something about it being a new policy and wouldn't budge when we asked to speak to another manager.

Good thing there is a second gate. We walked over to the DCA gates, told the ticket taker we were had WDW tickets and they called a manager over. Just a couple minutes later the manager came back with Disneyland tickets for us with no questions asked. No photos for the tickets, no ID, or anything like that.

So, it has worked for us recently, but we'll see if it continues.