Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool
    I love the Eukera Bay concept! This attraction could work in Frontierland but DCA needs it more!
    Down the rivers of Califorina, highlighting the first big discoveries, very POTC styled. Maybe ending with the ghost towns that were left behind...spooky

*what about a Chip and Dale ride in the Golden State area by GRR. Just a D-ticket thought.
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Retlaw Yensid
    *what about a Chip and Dale ride in the Golden State area by GRR. Just a D-ticket thought.
    As long as it's not some acorn crawl that only the little ones can enjoy, seeing as how I haven't been a little one since kindergarten...

Meanwhile, I've said it before and I'll say it again. If we're talking charactrer tie-ins with the gold rush, there's a little Puccini opera called Girl of the Golden West, and its heroine is named none other than... Minnie. Mickey gets to be in the Hub, Mickey gets to be on Star Trader, and it's not Toon Town, it's MICKEY's Toon Town... Give Minnie some respect! Put her in some cowboy boots and a ten gallon hat and let her be the official ambassador to Eureka Bay.

Besides which, in the opera, Minnie is a figure of redemption, and having a great new land to anchor DCA could in fact redeem the place in the eyes of the public.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    As long as it's not some acorn crawl that only the little ones can enjoy, seeing as how I haven't been a little one since kindergarten...
    I was thinking more along the line of a dark ride that would include some of the classic C&D outdoor cartoon shorts. (donald chopping down their tree, the golden walnut, and so on)
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Retlaw Yensid
    I was thinking more along the line of a dark ride that would include some of the classic C&D outdoor cartoon shorts. (donald chopping down their tree, the golden walnut, and so on)
    I was hoping that's what you were going for... now, if you were Imagineering it, would you design the vehicle POV as 3rd Person, or maybe as C/D, or Donald?

I think it would be fun to play with an HM Hitchiking Ghosts-type effect, where you ride as if you are inside the mind of Chip, and then at some point, you "run" past a mirror. It's actually glass with a mirror duplicate of the scene behind you. But as you "see" yourself in the mirror, Chip cocks his head to the side, and at the same time your ride vehicle tilts like Chip's head does. Then you turn away from the mirror and the ride continues...
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Soiunds like an Indiana Jones type of ride....Hmmm if its a roller coaster, wouldn't it be fun to have it designed so that trains are rotated backwards at random doing the track in the reverse so you never know which way you'll be doing the track.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool
    A Gold Rush Attraction would be ideal for DCA. I would plan a huge attraction that would be a series of mountains and waterfalls. Guests would enter and board vehicles that look like mine carts...the carts would slowly enter the caverns of the mountain and along the way the history of California mining and the gold rush era would be told. Then the mine cart would go down a dark shaft and the cart would move quickly down a steep hill and then the fun would be begin. Guests would experience a roller coaster like that of the indoor Rock and Roll Coaster at MGM but the gold rush theme would prevail as well as scenes from CA vast wilderness..redwoods, etc. Any thoughts or ideas?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12