Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Disneyland Dreamer

Re: Rude Guest at Haunted Mansion

They should punch the individuals cards or eject from the ride. Get 2 punches into your card, and it is nullified, and you cannot reenter the park.

• Vidia's Minion

Reciting the spiel is annoying for sure but the screaming fits in for the scene, the more that join in the merrier imo.

• Disney Fan 4 Life

I can take the screaming in the stretching room, its the flash photos through out the rest of the ride the bugs me the most. I want to enjoy the ride without a light flashing away. Most of the time, I ignore it and concentrate on enjoying the ride. Really didn't hear CM's asking it to stop with our last trip or two. I have heard it over at POTC though.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    maybe ive lived in LA too long but it just made me question the group lol. in Inglewood a group of people with something like that on their shirt will most likely get questioned by a cop
    Their jackets are meant to simulate motorcycle club (read gang) cuts. I can see why one might be hesitant, but one best not judge a book by its cover unless they were harassing you specifically.

• Former Churro Jockey

I've had this problem more and more. I don't mind the screaming so much because it's suppose to be a little scary when the lights go out, but people reciting the dialogue and talking during the ride does bug me. I usually try to go later at night when there is no line and I know the stretching room won't be full but even then there always seems to be at least one annoying person in there. Interestingly, I never seem to have a problem when it's the Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion. I don't know if that attracts a different kind of rider, or if they just don't know the spiel's well enough to recite along. But I've always found that the real goth nightmare fans who come out (especially the first week or two) are much more polite and respectful oddly enough.

In regard to whether the price of AP's has anything to do with a person's behavior, I guess it's possible, but I think that society as a whole (at least in Southern California) is becoming less and less aware of / don't care how their actions impact the people around them. How many times do you see people stopping in the middle of a walkway to look at a park map rather then stand to the side, or wait in line for 20 minutes for lunch but they don't start even deciding what to order until they get up to the front and they're being waited on. The reason that Disney had to implement a fee for making a dining reservation and then not showing up is because people were making multiple dining reservations so that they could decide that day what looked good but they never bothered to cancel their other reservations.

It would be nice if Disney decided to get tough on guest behavior and actually did throw people out of the parks who did things like that, but the problem is they probably would get sued and they probably would lose, so their hands are really tied. The only thing they can do is print things in their park maps on proper guest etiquette like WDW does (have't looked at a Disneyland map in years so I don't know if they do too).
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• 'Til DEATH do us part...

Az, or not as close to Disneyland as I'd like to be :(

It annoys me AND my husband to no end when people do this and we are young 20 somethings. I mean, I of course know all of the lines, but mostly speak them to myself that even I can barely hear myself. I have never really encountered a wild group, but if I did, I KNOW I wouldn't be able to just stand there silently without telling them to shut up lol Most of them aren't doing it because they love Disney, they want attention, plan and simple. I am in no way talking about the people that may speak it a little loud, but the people that are so obnoxious, you truly wonder why they were let out of the house.

Maybe I was raised differently, (mostly being around old people), but I have always felt mature for my age. Even when I was a teenager, I knew how to conduct myself in front of others, whether I was with family or friends. If I was with friends and they did stuff like this, I was truly embarrassed for them and myself.
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
    -your host, your ghost host

Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

Next Trip:
    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I find that dialog is not annoying but its the light up necklaces and spinning wands. But I do find that the stretching room needs a light during the black out scene for safety. I have been stepped on many times during those few seconds because of the lack of light on the ground.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Ambassador of good will

Quote Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
    Reciting the spiel is annoying for sure but the screaming fits in for the scene, the more that join in the merrier imo.

Very well said!!

I agree 10,000,00,000%
    "Raiders Suck"
    -Walt Disney

• Mikorail

I might have an answer....but not a solution. It boils down to a current problem we have in society... Lack of courtesy and consideration for others! It's grown rampant in our country! We seem to live in a time where people think, "It's all about me!" and who cares about anybody else. Others are NOT even considered. I'm sure we've all been in the HM a zillion times and know the script by heart. BUT, what about that youngster who's never been on the ride? Shouldn't he/she have a right to experience that ride it's it's original form? What about those from out of state or even from out of the country? They might of saved their money for years just to go to Disneyland... Should their experience be tarnished because a bunch of "Self important" twits think it's fun to add THEIR OWN twist or dialog? Think about it.....

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

^ Well said!

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Mouse Maniac

Can you imagine a Disneyland where on every ride no one would open their mouths to utter a sound? Maybe then we all could hear the creeking of the animatronic metal just the way WALT INTENDED!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

It's largely people who think they are funny - no more, no less, either that or folks who just don't care where they are in terms of loud conversations with their party. Attention seeking behavior, or someone showing off for their friends if reciting the whole speech out loud.

I've been on Haunted Mansion 100 times doubtless or more (likely way more), love it more than any other Disneyland attraction, know most of the ride (not just the dialogue) inside and out - that doesn't inspire me to narrate along with the audio. I don't blame people who do it quietly/know it by heart, they aren't an issue. So it's not just a matter of people being familiar with it, as people who enjoy it largely realize the loud recitation/vulgar screaming is not amusing. I don't mind the kind of automatic group recitation of 'no windows...and no doors!' onwards that can sometimes happen seemingly just by sheer group consensus, but someone talking the whole time in the elevator or screaming out things they think are 'witty' or flat out over-wrought yelling are not enjoyable and just lame, to my way of thinking.

• *Experiment 999*

i find -in general- people are pretty rude. im sorry for the people that scream when the lights go down...and their friends... because they have to live with their overall annoyingness also..people that use your flash on haunted mansion, stop it. <3

• the rockawho?

i can handle minor screaming, but loud obnoxious screaming is a splitting headache.....especially during grad night....

i was there a week ago during grad night, and i got stuck with tons of high schoolers in the stretching room...when the walls began to stretch, kids starting screaming and got louder and louder....

• Closed Account

The lighted Mickey Ears on dark rides are also getting annoying. Both the World Of Color ones, and the headband looking ones. If you can't use camera flash, why is it okay for glow sticks, hats, necklaces, and other annoying things that don't turn off, and flash non stop on Haunted Mansion and Pirates.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast