Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Rude Guest at Haunted Mansion

Behavior like this is incredibly disrespectful to the other guests. I always feel really badly for those first time visitors that have their experience ruined by a selfish. They really give APs a bad name.

I think that like putting the 'no flash pictures' warning on Pirates, the CW should start reciting a 'keep your line recitations and mockery to yourself' as guests enter the elevator.

When i was there in Feb there was a group of young girls in the mansion. they were a group of cheerleaders or something of that sort and they had adult supervisors with them. must have been 25 of the girls. I would say they were 12-15 in age. well they cackled throughout the stretching room, and proceeded to do so through the hallway with the busts. Finally when we were in the line to load I had had enough and literally at the top of my lungs screamed " SHUT THE HELL UP" and they did. the adults with them should have shut them up long before they had to be told by a stranger. Being that Im a large guy with a lot of tattoos i can understand they would get intimidated

• Minion

ORDDU: A large guy with a lot of tattoos, gtsouthard, duckling? Hmmm...what are you doing next Saturday night???

Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    oh no they are aware. I talked the stretching room cast members many times, and they state that it happens almost every trip and they really cant do anything but ask for people to stop, and it doesn't work. one cm said a few of them now wear earplugs and don't even bother with the script anymore...

it saddens me the some of the magic is thinning. however I did have one CM actually refuse to close the doors and continue until the room was under control, and even told some guest to leave if they couldn't be respectful...
    Disney should an include a letter with the renewed annual passes specifically requesting people stop behaving this way. They won't, but they should.

• Observer

I think when it comes to light up toys and ears they should come with a auto shut off when they enter an attraction .. And turn back on when they leave.. That way if they want to or not it will stop

• Sock Puppet

I just took a look at the "Main Street Elite" tumblr... pretty creepy if you ask me.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Not sure the rush to label it as 'AP's causing trouble' is valid, or any specific group. Some people are just rude, and the people doing it range from unsupervised school groups, obnoxious older folks, those who don't enjoy the park that much perhaps, etc etc. So saying it is an 'AP problem' from those who may visit very often not so accurate, necessarily: quite the generalization.

When I was in Japan in April it was so nice to ride HM without all the talking/screaming/recitations. I kind of had to think about it in my head in English since the ghost host voice was in Japanese, but it was such a pleasant experience to actually hear the effects and not have my eardrums blown out.

• Minion

I couldn't agree more with the OP. Sometimes I wish I could just skip the stretching room because people are just so damn rude. It's ridiculous.

• Hello Dolly.

The only rude pet peeve I have is flash photograph but even then I don't allow other guests to ruin my own experience. Everyone is trying to have fun, so if they're excited and screaming in HM or whatever ride it's okay with me because I'm having my own personal fun as well.

I can't allow someone who is having fun reciting a spiel distract me from enjoying myself. I take notice and move on, that's what everyone else is doing. Of course there are people who take it too far, but again I'm assuming it's not malicious. Most of the time I just laugh it off, I'm at Disneyland and it's really not that serious if people are talking behind me, and if something does bother me to that point I'll politely tell them to hush. Simple as that.

We saw a man basically push and shove a poor family with an elderly member in a wheelchair out the way to get into WOC. That's the kind of rudeness that will bother me, as I did speak up, continued my day and enjoyed the show. If they are really that rude, and take it to that level security will get them on my way to the show.

People will only continue their rudeness if you don't speak up yourself. I wish I can completely enjoy DL too my way but I know I can't, but off-season is there for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by Wall to Wall Creep View Post
    You could always think of it this way...

That's how they enjoy Disneyland.

Sure, they impede on your enjoyment. If you had it your way, you'd be impeding on their enjoyment. Who has a greater importance of enjoyment?

Here's the solution: ride it again later and roll the dice on which group of 30 people you'll be stuck with. Or ride it first thing in the morning, or at night. Either of those times, you'll be the only one there.
    ^
    Last edited by BlAcKoUt510; 05-29-2013 at 03:38 PM.

• Missing my AP

In fear of bringing on the hate....I am not a young person, not a local or APer, and if you knew me, you would know me to be one of the most polite, considerate, and empathetic of people. That being said, I have been one of those people who recites the spiel and screams too. I will try to be more thoughtful in the future. BUT..."ease off on your main thrusters" I love feeling like a kid when I go, especially with my kids. It's Disneyland not the Louvre. It's the Haunted Mansion ride, not a funeral parlor. There have been times when others have negatively impacted my enjoyment so I get it but most people don't intend to ruin another's experience when they act up in public. We are all guilty of doing this, maybe not at Disneyland but we are. It is so easy to get annoyed at other people when they are being human.

P.S- I'm also one of those guys who sings YO-HO on PotC if anyone want's to start a thread about that.
    "...It's dead wore out I be...a might too fast these light footed wenches be, for the likes of an old swagbellied pirate such as I..."

"*click-click-click-click-click-click-click.......sploosh!!*"(Sir Didymus)

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    When i was there in Feb there was a group of young girls in the mansion. they were a group of cheerleaders or something of that sort and they had adult supervisors with them. must have been 25 of the girls. I would say they were 12-15 in age. well they cackled throughout the stretching room, and proceeded to do so through the hallway with the busts. Finally when we were in the line to load I had had enough and literally at the top of my lungs screamed " SHUT THE HELL UP" and they did. the adults with them should have shut them up long before they had to be told by a stranger. Being that Im a large guy with a lot of tattoos i can understand they would get intimidated
    Thats awesome. If more people would simply speak up against this behavior while its happening and call them out on how rude they are, the less it would happen.

• Minion

ORDDU: It's possible to feel like a kid and still not be obnoxious to those around you. When out in public, everyone needs to realize that they have to edit themselves or else things end up being--exactly like what so many are complaining about. If your desire to be yourself is more important to you than being considerate of others, then you can lay no claim to being polite, considerate or empathetic towards others.

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: It's possible to feel like a kid and still not be obnoxious to those around you. When out in public, everyone needs to realize that they have to edit themselves or else things end up being--exactly like what so many are complaining about. If your desire to be yourself is more important to you than being considerate of others, then you can lay no claim to being polite, considerate or empathetic towards others.
    Eggzactly, nice post.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Co-Host of USWP

Quote Originally Posted by SwankbelliedPirate View Post
    In fear of bringing on the hate....I am not a young person, not a local or APer, and if you knew me, you would know me to be one of the most polite, considerate, and empathetic of people. That being said, I have been one of those people who recites the spiel and screams too. I will try to be more thoughtful in the future. BUT..."ease off on your main thrusters" I love feeling like a kid when I go, especially with my kids. It's Disneyland not the Louvre. It's the Haunted Mansion ride, not a funeral parlor. There have been times when others have negatively impacted my enjoyment so I get it but most people don't intend to ruin another's experience when they act up in public. We are all guilty of doing this, maybe not at Disneyland but we are. It is so easy to get annoyed at other people when they are being human.

P.S- I'm also one of those guys who sings YO-HO on PotC if anyone want's to start a thread about that.
    I hate to say it, but I'm one of these guys too. However, I'm always respectful and keep it at a reasonable level.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast