Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Re: Rude Guest at Haunted Mansion

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    normally I just hear a baby crying cus it's dark and scary.
    Babies are SO rude. I can't believe their parents allow them to cry. I scream out to "shut the hell up" when I hear them cry ;-)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by gomezaddams View Post
    Neither maturity or consideration are the products of age. I have witnessed rude behavior on the attraction by all age groups. Some were probably AP's. Others were not. That does not matter.

This reminds me of a small speech given by the musician Stephen Stills at one of his concerts many decades ago. It was given before he began an acoustic set & I remember it quite well. (It has been sanitized for this family forum and is paraphrased but very close to his exact words.)

" I appreciate how some of you like to sing and dance to my songs. The guy behind you didn't pay a lot of money to hear you sing off key & shake your ***. He paid a lot of money to hear me sing & shake my ***. So sit down & shut...up."

In a similar manner, other guests have not paid to hear your version of the Ghost Host. The narrative is an integral part of the attraction. Denying another the possibility of enjoying the entire attraction is simply selfish. There are plenty of places in the park to scream to your heart's content and act as childish as one could possibly desire and nobody would care. You could scream through the entire ride at BTMRR, with no problem from anyone. The HM is just not one of those attractions.
    I couldn't agree more.

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by Steveman View Post
    Babies are SO rude. I can't believe their parents allow them to cry. I scream out to "shut the hell up" when I hear them cry ;-)
    You tell those babies! Children should be seen and not heard!!! *please note tongue in cheek*
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    You tell those babies! Children should be seen and not heard!!! *please note tongue in cheek*
    We do our best to minimize annoyances to others from our children.

Quote Originally Posted by whoever View Post
    We do our best to minimize annoyances to others from our children.
    While I'm certainly not accusing you of doing so, MY biggest pet peeve on HM is when a parent is forcing his or her screaming, petrified child to go on a ride that said child CLEARLY isn't ready for. Is it really going to kill you to wait another year until Junior is a little less scared of the dark to share your personal favorite ride with your offspring? I've experienced this one the last couple of times I've been on the ride, and it annoys me WAY more than the idiot teenagers (of course, I teach high school, so I may be immune to their nonsense. I'm also more than willing to politely but firmly tell them off).

Again, I'm very much not accusing whoever of doing so, it just seemed like a reasonable segue into my point.

•   
    • Minion

Babies are babies - they cry; it's what they do. They're not doing it to be obnoxious. So while the sound can be beyond annoying, I can sympathize with a parent who is, say, stuck in the stretching room with a baby who is crying. There's no place for them to go and the kid is afraid.

The only time I lose patience with crying babies and small kids is when the parent CAN take the kid outside and they don't. If your baby is crying through Pirates, well, you can't get out of the boat. If your baby is crying through dinner at 33, Aladdin, the Animation Academy or the Tiki Room, for the love of God, please, please take the wee one outside so s/he doesn't disturb everyone else! Same with small kids - if your kid is making a ruckus, or disturbing other people, please take them outside or control them. I was on a plane about three weeks ago with a family who let their preschooler run up and down the aisle from NY all the way to LAX. Come on now...
    Last edited by Malina; 05-29-2013 at 11:24 PM.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Minion

Flash photography bugs me. Guests reciting spiels or getting silly doesn't. I've never been unable to hear what the Ghost Host says too.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

• Co-Host of USWP

Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    Flash photography bugs me. Guests reciting spiels or getting silly doesn't. I've never been unable to hear what the Ghost Host says too.

Agree with this. I've stated before, I often recite along with the ghost host but I never make it so loud as to disturb anyone else, in fact, often I'm doing it merely to amuse my wife. (Who luckily still laughs at all my stupid and silly behavior, guess I'll know I'm in trouble when that stops happening!)

I don't recall ever being unable to actually hear the ghost host or the CM. Maybe it is just certain times of the day/year that this happens? I go at random times of the year since I live out of state these days.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyMonkey View Post
    Agree with this. I've stated before, I often recite along with the ghost host but I never make it so loud as to disturb anyone else, in fact, often I'm doing it merely to amuse my wife. (Who luckily still laughs at all my stupid and silly behavior, guess I'll know I'm in trouble when that stops happening!)

I don't recall ever being unable to actually hear the ghost host or the CM. Maybe it is just certain times of the day/year that this happens? I go at random times of the year since I live out of state these days.

Interesting thought for those of us who can always hear the Ghost Host-when BFF and I were there in February I had no problem hearing him and she said she couldn't over all the people doing the spiel or otherwise making noise. We finally figured it was because I was familiar with the ride so I already knew what was being said & could 'pick him out' above the other noise. She'd never been on HM and wasn't able to hear him clearly (she could pick out words here & there) because she didn't already know what he was saying. Did I phrase that right? Well, hopefully everyone 'gets' what I mean.

BTW, my husband still amuses me after 27 years. It's part of the deal, you know. You promise to pick up your socks, we promise to laugh at you. Wait, that didn't come out quite right, either. LOL
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• "I don't like the color"

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    Babies are babies - they cry; it's what they do. They're not doing it to be obnoxious. So while the sound can be beyond annoying, I can sympathize with a parent who is, say, stuck in the stretching room with a baby who is crying. There's no place for them to go and the kid is afraid.

The only time I lose patience with crying babies and small kids is when the parent CAN take the kid outside and they don't. If your baby is crying through Pirates, well, you can't get out of the boat. If your baby is crying through dinner at 33, Aladdin, the Animation Academy or the Tiki Room, for the love of God, please, please take the wee one outside so s/he doesn't disturb everyone else! Same with small kids - if your kid is making a ruckus, or disturbing other people, please take them outside or control them. I was on a plane about three weeks ago with a family who let their preschooler run up and down the aisle from NY all the way to LAX. Come on now...
    Should have looked for the Air Marshall and had the kid cuffed in it's seat
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Minion

Babies are babies - they cry; it's what they do.
    Which is why it's their parents' job to not take them places where crying babies will be a public nuisance, like small, crowed rooms with no doors. So many parents only think of themselves and their own pleasure, which is a lousy example to set for their kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: A large guy with a lot of tattoos, gtsouthard, duckling? Hmmm...what are you doing next Saturday night???
    lol i have a beard too

Quote Originally Posted by cromag View Post
    Thats awesome. If more people would simply speak up against this behavior while its happening and call them out on how rude they are, the less it would happen.
    the look on their faces was priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaVonDrake View Post
    I just took a look at the "Main Street Elite" tumblr... pretty creepy if you ask me.
    I agree, I also just took a look at the tumblr. It does seem a bit creepy...

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post

Baby's do cry, that's true. But coming from someone who did in home child care starting at age 11, taught preschool, and taught Sunday School, the parent do make the difference. I have been at Pizza Port, sitting at a table next to infant twins who were quiet the entire time (three months old) and I have been sitting at a table next to six and seven months old who scream for forty five minutes. The parents are the determining factor. There are parents that come prepared for their child with crayons, foods the child will eat, change their child in advance of a meal, etc. And then there are the parents who don't give a rats what their child does and let their child scream for 45 minutes straight while they ignore their child, talk to the rest of their family, and talk on their cell phone as if the child was not there.

Parents have different levels of personal responsibility based on the type of parent they are. There are some parents who are attentive to their child all the time and then there are parents who ignore their children. You see this all the time at Disneyland and DCA. We were in line for Toy Story Mania one day and there was a parent in line with her five year old daughter, they were playing rock, paper, scissors, tic tac toe, eating granola bars, and drinking juice. Then there was a parent when we were in line for Winnie The Pooh who was on the cell phone, and her three year old took off, literally. I watched the child take off, and I told the mom, she said "I'm on the phone" and ignored it. I kept an eye on the child. The child got out of line, went into the Winnie The Pooh gift shop, came out, and was over on the side where Eeyore is watching the costume characters. The mom gets off her cell phone and then freaks out about where is her daughter, and I tell her where her daughter is, and she goes over and picks up her daughter, brings the daughter back to line, and gets right back on the cell phone, the daughter takes off again. We got on the ride, so I don't know if she ever officially lost her kid, or if she was just too involved with whatever couldn't wait on her cell phone.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast