Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• Observer

Rude Guest at Haunted Mansion

So... ive noticed that when ever I go on Haunted Mansion, the guest inside the stretching room are very loud and rude. I understand that many of us have been on the ride before (many times) and we all know the recording and what the CM is going to say, but it doesn't give you the right to be rude to the other guest who have never been there before, or someone like myself who really really enjoys taking it all in.

I mean people are talking loudly, Laughing, Making weird noises, using their phones so that it lights up the room, flash pictures, inappropriate, sexual and usually , just not funny comments when the lights go out or Loudly recites the recording or try's to talk over the CM while they are doing their part..

its just rude and ive noticed one or 2 CM seem to have just had enough of it. they look more pissed than in character now.

I think as locals who are always in the parks should have more respect for a place that we all love, and give people who have never been a chance to truly experience it.

oh and, whats with the guys in the denim vest that say main street (I don't remember the rest) it seems like a (gang) of some sort... kinda weird lol and some of their group isn't the nicest people.

is it the price of the AP's ? the more money people pay the more they feel they can do whatever they want ?

• The doctor is in

Re: Rude Guest at Haunted Mansion

I had an experience earlier this month where a majority of my elevator was reciting the dialogue along with the ride really loud and then screamed when the lightning hit. It's probably because I went when AP's were in full swing but I thought it was pretty annoying. I know the words too but I don't yell them out during the ride.

I suggest sending an email to Disney about the experience. If they aren't made aware that this is happening it will continue.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Disneyland Dreamer

Quote Originally Posted by PozEmerald View Post
    oh and, whats with the guys in the denim vest that say main street (I don't remember the rest) it seems like a (gang) of some sort... kinda weird lol and some of their group isn't the nicest people.
    The Main Street Elite. I encountered them this last time at the park (they got to ride the wheel house of the Mark Twain when I tried to, but beat me to it). They didn't seem rude to me. Just a Disney club.

• Observer

oh no they are aware. I talked the stretching room cast members many times, and they state that it happens almost every trip and they really cant do anything but ask for people to stop, and it doesn't work. one cm said a few of them now wear earplugs and don't even bother with the script anymore...

it saddens me the some of the magic is thinning. however I did have one CM actually refuse to close the doors and continue until the room was under control, and even told some guest to leave if they couldn't be respectful...

• Closed Account

I must admit my boyfriend and I do speak along in the stretching room of the Haunted Mansion, but it's quiet enough almost a whisper that only the two of us hear it. The most annoying thing about the stretching room is the screams when the lights go out that continue and continue and continue. It's enough to burst your eardrums. We usually use the handicapped access, so we can pick and choose when to enter the stretching room once we are on the ramp. We wait until there is a group that does not consist mostly of teenagers before entering because my boyfriend literally can't stand the screaming.

On our last trip there was this guy who was screaming the f word as loud as he could when the lights went out. Then when the lights were getting ready to come back on he was screaming the f word and screaming I can't see. Then the lights came on and he screams that was f ing fun. It's gotten to where we've considered taking earplugs into the screaming room. Parents talked to the CM about the inappropriate language, and he mentioned it to the guy, who said he behaves like that all the time and wasn't going to change for Disney's sake. Then he went on his way.

I am not sure which is more disturbing...the screaming that is non stop, the singing from other buggies in the graveyard that is obnoxious and not even the right words, or the flash pictures on that ride. They all bother me equally I think.

• Observer

maybe ive lived in LA too long but it just made me question the group lol. in Inglewood a group of people with something like that on their shirt will most likely get questioned by a cop

You could always think of it this way...

That's how they enjoy Disneyland.

Sure, they impede on your enjoyment. If you had it your way, you'd be impeding on their enjoyment. Who has a greater importance of enjoyment?

Here's the solution: ride it again later and roll the dice on which group of 30 people you'll be stuck with. Or ride it first thing in the morning, or at night. Either of those times, you'll be the only one there.

• The doctor is in

I think what people don't realize is Haunted Mansion isn't a haunted house. People can go to those around Halloween and act as crazy as they want and scream and yell. This is a theme park ride and they need to control themselves.

I have also noticed some CMs don't close the doors until people calm down a little bit. That's probably why the line comes to a standstill at times. I went on it once and the CM loaded us into the elevator and didn't close the door for what felt like 5min waiting for people to relax a bit.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

• Observer

how bout the rude people stop and actually let everyone enjoy the ride? why should I have to get in line again and hope I don't get a room full of rude cavemen ?

• Observer

or how about the people who take flash pictures on the ride. its distracting and rude.. and then the CM comes over the speaker and asks them to stop, and the don't listen... so now were hearing the CM non stop and being blinded....I understand some people may not understand English, but its still common sense that if ur lighting up a really dark room with ur cam u should stop. and if u do understand, that's just selfish of u to ignore the CM

The worst was some extremely loud Korean exchange students that took flash photos in every room. Really annoying.

So maybe my new way of enjoying Disneyland will be to kick annoying people squarely in the shins, so they better not be impeding my enjoyment by trying to dodge the kicks or get angry when contact is made.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

As a HM fan, I agree that those who recite, scream, flashpic and otherwise treat the attraction as just another haunted house annoy me. Unfortunately it seems that many people think their loud and intrusive enjoyment is paramount and others "need to stop being so uptight." (yes, I've seen other posters on this board make that exact statement). Often (NOT ALWAYS) this attitude is held by teenagers, but I believe they wouldn't act that way when riding alone or with their family. It is the group mentality that often leads teens and twenty-somethings to treat the HM like a midnight screening of Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Until and unless there is some way to curtail this behavior effectively, Johnlawwhiskey has one of the best ideas... let the screaming teens pass you in line and hope to get a stretchroom with well-behaved patrons.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

A group of people was making a lot of noise before the CM could talk and my wife yelled at the top of her lungs to shut up and let the CM speak the room fell quite until the hanging, then they all yelled super loud and long as to get back at my wife, we told the CM at the buggy loading and allowed three or four buggies to go by before we loaded and enjoyed the ride....The respect and manners of people today has falling to new lows,especially teens here in the Southern Ca. area...must be the lack of Discipline and control of our young people.....I wonder?
    If your looking for Alice she's not here...

I'm the same way, between the people repeating what the Ghost Host says in the stretching room, or the ToT TV queue, it really bugs me. I can't think of one time I've gone on either of those rides and somebody hasn't repeated what the TV or the Ghost Host says.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast