Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Nutty about Disney parks

Re: Will You Be Dissappointed if Nothing is Announced for DLR at D23?

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I will be.....the whole point of this event is to announce new movies...rides....TV shows

Last time I was disappointed compared to the first D23...so I'll be skipping this one

As for people saying Disneyland does not need something NEW...its been over 15 years since that park has gotten an E ticket ride...it's time for another
    If that's the whole purpose of D23 then that's pretty misguided. Why do I need to spend hundreds of dollars to go to a convention to get news I will eventually in some form or another get on the Internet? If they're really hiding something that they plan to announce then they're doing a really good job of it. Only that Monstropolis project has been rumored along with a possible Carsland clone in WDW. Since those are pretty underwhelming rumors, I'm keeping my expectations low for this one as they will probably discuss projects already in development and known throughout the Internet.

Also, if there was a Tomorrowland redo, I doubt they will make a huge spectacle of it (unless they plan to add something big to the land). I would be fine with them just fixing it.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Minion

I think the 60th anniversary shouldn't be about introducing a new attraction, land or show. I think the anniversary should be about restoring everything in the park to mint condition to show pride-of-ownership in the park and respect for Walt's legacy.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Why do I need to spend hundreds of dollars to go to a convention to get news I will eventually in some form or another get on the Internet?
    I think that's what I don't get about D23. People give Disney Corp money to join D23, then give Disney Corp more money to attend to what amounts to a manufactured corporate PR infomercial -- for what? To get information that they could eventually get elsewhere for free, without standing in endless lines and without eating bad convention food? What's exclusive about it? Are the Disney celebrities on the various panels never going to repeat in some other venue what they said at D23? Is no one who attends the convention going to post on the internet what was discussed? Paying through the nose for the privilege of parking, pushing, standing in line and buying stuff you can get elsewhere, the question is... why?
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    I think that's what I don't get about D23. People give Disney Corp money to join D23, then give Disney Corp more money to attend to what amounts to a manufactured corporate PR infomercial -- for what? To get information that they could eventually get elsewhere for free, without standing in endless lines and without eating bad convention food? What's exclusive about it? Are the Disney celebrities on the various panels never going to repeat in some other venue what they said at D23? Is no one who attends the convention going to post on the internet what was discussed? Paying through the nose for the privilege of parking, pushing, standing in line and buying stuff you can get elsewhere, the question is... why?
    I don't know. When I went in 2011, I thought it was poorly managed and had crappy quality food, but I did enjoy the feeling of being surrounded by people who love Disney just as much as I do. Also, it was interesting to hear the insights of the Imagineers who worked on Buena Vista Street in person.

• Minion

WestCot was pretty solid, and it never happened.

Just because Disney announces things or has plans for things, doesn't mean they are going to happen. Again, I don't know why you keep bringing WDW up.

The Disneyland Resort has received a lot within the past year. It won't be a big deal to some people if nothing is announced.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

I would be they need to announce something for their parks. I am expecting movie announcements more than anything though. Perhaps episode 7 or avengers 2.

I don't care what gets announced, I just hope I can watch a Pixar panel that John Lasseter is part of. If not that ,then a panel on the new S.H.I.E.L.D TV show.
    A Muppet panel would be to too much to hope for.

Well, they didn't wait until D23 to officially announce the magic bands:

Disney Magic Bands - Wave Of The Future?

They did that at the All Things Digital tech conference earlier today (Wednesday).

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I think that we will see a model for a redesigned Tomorrowland. But outside of that we will have to wait.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Jmd123 View Post
    What was the last big ride added..indy? If so thats a little strange. That was added a really long time ago.
    No the last e-ticket in Disneyland was the Rocket Rods back in 1998 ! But close 2 years later

But we already know , what they're officially going to announce and it will go like this ;

"for the disneylands 60th anniversary we will have a new tron ride in tomorrow land , and DCA will get a monsters inc e ticket coaster " opening 2015 , the event is in anaheim so something of that sort will be announced.

But for me if they actually announced a new parking structure in the pumba lot , that would be more than enough!
    Last edited by DCAfanatic; 05-30-2013 at 03:48 AM.

• Co-Host of USWP

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I think that we will see a model for a redesigned Tomorrowland. But outside of that we will have to wait.
    Agreed. This seems likely to me as well. As mentioned earlier in the thread there might be something about Tron Lightcycles and perhaps other things in TL (which IMHO badly needs tender loving care!). I'd love to see more Tron themed things in TL or something brand new and innovative. Get rid of some of the more dated things and bring something new to the table in TL.

• Co-Host of USWP

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    But for me if they actually announced a new parking structure in the pumba lot , that would be enough for me
    Ha ha ha! Awesome...I'm sure you're not the only one that would be excited over this!

I too would love to see a new tomorrowland just like everyone else, but I don't think it's going to happen. A few weeks ago, people were saying "Its not going to happen. We'll have to wait for the 60th." But now everyone is saying they'll announce it.
    Who knows? Stranger things have happened

Also, I really like the idea for bringing the park to mint condition.

D23 2011 Parks and Resorts Presentation was incredibly disappointing. I remember Staggs saying farewell to everyone and then I literally sat there and waited for something to happen where Mickey would pop on stage and say "Before you go! We have an announcement..."

But alas, there was none. Instead we were treated to a random news update on Carsland and Fantasyland. If there isn't anything new, yes I will be disappointed, but after 2011 being so un-eventful, I don't think I will go anyways.

•   

Maybe they r just going to announced for DLR 60th Anniversary n 2015.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast