Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: New Mark VII Monorail confirmed

The bubble tops are dated just like the mark V is dated. They would have been futuristic back in the sixties or seventies but this is the new mellinium. The train depicted in the concept drawing(as they aren't finalized yet) is a nice blend. It still looks thouroughly modern and futuristic while capturing some spirit of the previous monorails. Unless they decide to backtrack tL to the seventies then i would not add a bubble top. Thewy only make it look too retro when we want something futuristic. I think automating the system would be a good idea. they could renovate both stations. they would still have a driver up front just in case(and why not have passengers while they are at it). Yes they are heavier than the peoplemover but there are also a lot less trains running on the track.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    1. They get rid of drivers completely and do a computerized system which would be REALLY innovative since I dont think they have such a thing on this big of a monorail.
    Both Vegas and Tokyo Disneyland's monorails are automated. Won't be fun for those looking for a job as a monorail driver......but it would make sense to spend the money on new monorails and make them automated too.

I'm curious what colors they'll use for the new trains.

• Banned User

I doubt Disney would remove the driver... as at WDW those trains are capable of automation, with the driver there as a backup.. lol

they could do the same with the Model, have it capable of automation, but have the driver still.. as computers have been known to fail.

that and how many people are suppost to be in front? 4? that drawing has more than 4 i think.

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    I doubt Disney would remove the driver... as at WDW those trains are capable of automation, with the driver there as a backup.. lol

they could do the same with the Model, have it capable of automation, but have the driver still.. as computers have been known to fail.

that and how many people are suppost to be in front? 4? that drawing has more than 4 i think.
    Well, seeing as the artist took some liberty with the actual path of the monorail over the sub lagoon, how do we know that we're looking at the front?

• Vehicle rotating backward

They look great. I kind of miss the bubble noses, but I understand why they don't have them (CMs roasting under the glass.)

Hmm, Doc Crane is still on his trip. He'll be glad to know that his swoopy Monorail shape has been preserved.

Now we need to see what the interior will look like. I can't waith till these make it on the track.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FormerDiz
    Well, seeing as the artist took some liberty with the actual path of the monorail over the sub lagoon, how do we know that we're looking at the front?
    The back will have tailrfins according to Al Lutz's last article. The email they sent me said that they didn't have any pictures of the end

• The one, the only...

I love the new design. I love that the color is bright. I love that it looks new but still holds to elements of the older design. I don't like the idea of making it just silver. That is boring. It makes the future colorless. I like the color.

John Hench, the famous Disney Imagineer, wrote that bright colors allows adults to play. Disney used a lot of color in its designs. I think that colors (more than just blue and white) are needed to make Tomorrowland sparkle!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

I like the design, however I think that maybe the red is a little too bright for me. Maybe if they added some more white and stripes would be nice.

Maybe they could wrap advertisements (like the LVMonorail) of Disneyland & Disney's California Adventure on one. That would be kind of cool. Especially when they open Finding Nemo:Submarine Voyage.

That's still the artist's impression and we don't know the final details just yet.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood
    I like the design, however I think that maybe the red is a little too bright for me. Maybe if they added some more white and stripes would be nice.

Maybe they could wrap advertisements (like the LVMonorail) of Disneyland & Disney's California Adventure on one. That would be kind of cool. Especially when they open Finding Nemo:Submarine Voyage.

That's still the artist's impression and we don't know the final details just yet.
    No to the advertisements. Weget enough of that in the stores. Every Item in the store says buy me buy me. I would just leave the design as is but. More ewhite would only make it look plainer. I like the color as not a lot of cars have bright colors(mainly shades of blue black grey white and red) available. The old monorails look too plain and the extra color looks nice. The color alone is saying look at me where the current monorails don't really stand out.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood

According to a source close to the project, the concept art is not the most current design.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by inav
    The bubble tops are dated just like the mark V is dated. They would have been futuristic back in the sixties or seventies but this is the new mellinium. The train depicted in the concept drawing(as they aren't finalized yet) is a nice blend. It still looks thouroughly modern and futuristic while capturing some spirit of the previous monorails. Unless they decide to backtrack tL to the seventies then i would not add a bubble top. Thewy only make it look too retro when we want something futuristic. I think automating the system would be a good idea. they could renovate both stations. they would still have a driver up front just in case(and why not have passengers while they are at it). Yes they are heavier than the peoplemover but there are also a lot less trains running on the track.
    I do not believe that the bubble top makes it look 70's at all. It is very unique and looks very futuristic to me. It is different from every monorail there is and I would love to see some new monorails with this feature. It doesn't have to be neccessarily the same exact look for the bubble but they could give it a more futuristic look.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Bubbles... folks, have any of you actually watched as the current trains move through Tomorrowland?? The only way they could put the bubbles back is if they made the trains smaller again... like they were when they had the bubble tops. I don't think thats going to happen.

And Steve... thanks for the teaser!

• Main Street Hop "89"

Question Re: New Mark VII Monorail confirmed

Maybe the driver is in the other end of the train?!? also looking closler is that Phantom Manor in Disneyland Paris? Will New Monorail design get to all the parks? Does the monorail go by the Manor?!? Very strange to me! Hmm?!?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast