Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: World of Color Picnics Discontinued June 2nd 2013

Of course money speaks. If something isn't bringing in enough money, that something is pointless in a business.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

At the very beginning there were seven sections. Orange, Blue, Yellow, Red, Green, Preferred Dining, and VIP. Orange and Green were eliminited within a few weeks. Orange became Blue (Blue Bridge area), Green was the Wet Zone in the front and was incorporated into Blue, Yellow, or Red. Red was incorporated into Yellow last year.

The Dining package would get you into Preferred Dining, Picnic or Lunch would get you a Blue or Yellow Fastpass. At the opening the lines for Blue - Yellow - Red fastpasses were up to 40 minutes long. With first show fastpasses running out before noon. Or, to get a Blue or Yellow fastpass for the first show you could reserve a Picnic and get a fastpass later in the day.

Now, the first show fastpasses usually last until quite late, now Blue or Yellow. They also have open areas in front of the Little Mermaid ride. There is now no need to purchase a Lunch or Picnic meal to get a Blue or Yellow fastpass.

I am sure that the sales of WOC Picnic meals have dropped off to very few,
    and this is why they are being discontinued.

You have to admit the whole picnic idea was badly done. The meals were small and surprisingly bland. Our preferred "seating" spot wasn't all that good either.
    "A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." – Eeyore

Too funny, we were going for my BD, friend said, "Hey, I'll get the dinner and we'll do world of color" (we haven't seen it yet) ... and I said... ya know, I looked at the menu and, if I remember correctly, I wasn't impressed....
    maybe the line for "color" isn't as long as it used to be (thinking Tortilla Joe's, with a sangria ;-) )

soooo... I came to the Mice hangout to ask about the picnic, the food... the fast pass....

and, here it is ;-)

any advice about seeing World of Color?

Quote Originally Posted by DebG View Post
    You have to admit the whole picnic idea was badly done. The meals were small and surprisingly bland. Our preferred "seating" spot wasn't all that good either.

Now I'm not sorry to have missed out on the picnic ;-) Too bad Tortilla Joe's doesn't deliver ;-)

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aussielinds View Post
    Disney Ticketing have advised me that World of Color Picnics are stopped from June 2nd 2013, they didn't say why. What a pity - now average families who can't drop $120+ on dinner at Trattoria, Carthay Circle or Ariel's Grotto can only get a FastPass by sprinting to the booth at rope drop. I guess money talks, even at Disneyland Resort.
    Well...to be fair I have not seen a like for WOC in over a year...I think as long as you get there when the parks opens you can get a good spot

In Jan we didn't have FPs and walked right up about 2 min before the show started. We were right behind a planter so no one was right in front of us which made seeing so much easier. They were great "seats" and where I would pick to stand again. I would disagree with the person who said it doesn't have replay value. I think it definitely does.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryp49 View Post
    Could the upcoming Nextgen or FP+ have something to do with this?
    what is that?

• i believe in faeries.

when we went the first week of may, we went to WOC for the later showing... we had a FP (from the picnic), but really didn't need one, as there wasn't many people left in the park, i guess (or they were all at RSR) We were right in the front row, right in the splash zone.

Quote Originally Posted by GwenRowan View Post
    what is that?
    New Light Shed on Fastpass+ by Lead Designer of My Disney Experience

There are numerous threads on this, here`s one. Nextgen and FP+ are first being phased in at WDW, possibly coming to DL ,too.
    FP+ allows you to reserve a limited number of FPs prior to your arrival, maybe months in advance.Nextgen uses a RFID bracelet you wear with information accessed thru it , such as credit card info, used instead of a room key when staying at a Resort Hotel.I think your FP+ info is accessed thru it so that you just scan it instead of a FP card. I believe Nextgen will be for Resort Hotel Guests only, at least in the beginning.I`m don`t know how they plan to introduce FP+.

I used the picnic option twice and enjoyed it both times, but it was VERY poorly marketed. The average guest, even passholder, probably knows nothing about it. But like everyone says, it's no longer required - one can walk right up to WoC most nights and just see it.

On the other hand, I'd LOVE if they offered this for a premium viewing area for Fantasmic. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• i believe in faeries.

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    I'd LOVE if they offered this for a premium viewing area for Fantasmic. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
    agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92 View Post
    In Jan we didn't have FPs and walked right up about 2 min before the show started. We were right behind a planter so no one was right in front of us which made seeing so much easier. They were great "seats" and where I would pick to stand again. I would disagree with the person who said it doesn't have replay value. I think it definitely does.
    To clarify, I said it does not have the same replay value as Fantasmic or fireworks. Big difference in just saying it does not have replay value because it does. But Fantasmic is 20 years old and still packs the westside of the park full even in the offseason. WoC is a walk up attraction in the offseason.

•   
    • Minion

As others have said, it's very easy to see WoC now. You don't need to be there at rope drop to get a FastPass at all. Every time I've walked past the FP machines for WoC, even toward the evening, they've always had passes available, and as others have said, it's also easy to walk up.

If they do bring in some sort of Christmas/Holiday version of WoC, I could see them bringing back the picnic concept - perhaps with some sort of holiday treat plate and hot cocoa.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

• Workin to live,lovin life

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post

On the other hand, I'd LOVE if they offered this for a premium viewing area for Fantasmic. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
    They kinda already do with the dessert platter. It's pricey, like $80 a person or something like that, but for a special event, I'd do it again. Delicious platter of desserts, unlimited non-alcoholic drinks, and if you get the showing that happens after fireworks, you get to watch the fireworks AND Fantasmic. AND if it's during the Holidays, it snows there too. Totally worth it!

Direct from the Disney website:
    Reserve your prime seat and tempting dessert sampler with this delightful premium viewing option! Take in the show from an elevated section near the anchor by Café Orleans and the French Market. Call the reservation line at (714) 781-SHOW (7469) for ticket prices and to reserve your seat up to 30 days before the show. Ticket does not include regular park admission. Reserved seating is first come, first served, so get there early!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast