Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry World of Color Picnics Discontinued June 2nd 2013

Disney Ticketing have advised me that World of Color Picnics are stopped from June 2nd 2013, they didn't say why. What a pity - now average families who can't drop $120+ on dinner at Trattoria, Carthay Circle or Ariel's Grotto can only get a FastPass by sprinting to the booth at rope drop. I guess money talks, even at Disneyland Resort.

Re: World of Color Picnics Discontinued June 2nd 2013

I bet they were discontinued because they no longer have the demand for them like they did when WOC first opened.

I've walked by the Fastpass distribution for WOC many times on busy days at 3-5pm and there were still Fastpasses available. You do not have to get to the park at rope drop to see WOC. Its been like this for a while now.

WOC is no longer the hot new Fastpass attraction, RSR is.

Could the upcoming Nextgen or FP+ have something to do with this?

• Co-Host of USWP

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryp49 View Post
    Could the upcoming Nextgen or FP+ have something to do with this?
    I'm betting this is closer to the truth than anything.

•   
    • Insert Hilarious Title

Quote Originally Posted by Aussielinds View Post
    Disney Ticketing have advised me that World of Color Picnics are stopped from June 2nd 2013, they didn't say why. What a pity - now average families who can't drop $120+ on dinner at Trattoria, Carthay Circle or Ariel's Grotto can only get a FastPass by sprinting to the booth at rope drop. I guess money talks, even at Disneyland Resort.
    Um, that may have been the case in 2010 but it certainly is not now. We were able to get FP for the show well into the day last June.

I mean, let's be honest, are people really going to suggest that Disney would give up money from average families in preference to giving away free tickets. If the demand and the profit were still there they would continue with the WOC picnic program. Does anyone have any proof that the number of free FP have declined in preference to "$120+" dinners?
    Last edited by Timicus; 05-31-2013 at 06:07 AM.
    Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook (Just mention MiceChat)

"The thing that makes us different is our way of thinking, our judgement and experience acquired over the years. Giving it 'heart.' Others haven't understood the public. We developed a psychological approach to everything we do here. We seem to know when to 'tap the heart.' Others have hit the intellect. We can hit them in an emotional way. Those that appeal to the intellect only appeal to a very limited group. Let's not let the mechanics get in here and foul the whole thing." -Walt Disney

• Minion

What a pity - now average families who can't drop $120+ on dinner at Trattoria, Carthay Circle or Ariel's Grotto can only get a FastPass by sprinting to the booth at rope drop.
    Last trip, we went by the FP machines at 630p, and they had tickets. I don't think "sprinting" has been necessary for the last year.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• The doctor is in

When I was at DCA earlier this month some of the CMs were letting people without a WOC FP into the colored viewing areas after the show started because there was room. The whole dash to get a FP for WOC scenario hasn't been an issue for a while like others have said.
    It's a cool show and all, but it's one of those that once you have seen it you can skip it on the next visit. That is, if you can see it and don't have someone tall or holding a kid in front of you. I think other people are starting to feel the same.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

I spoke to a guest relations cast member several weeks ago and he said fastpasses for WOC are not required anymore. Here is how he explained it to me, you can still get fastpasses for the premium viewing areas (i'm assuming those are in the front) and the areas in back are first come first serve.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

On our last visit (April 19-22), tickets were still available in the early evening hours when we went by GRR. However, my sister went on a Sunday recently (May 19) and tried to get a FP in the afternoon and they were all out. So, apparently they do still run out sometimes.

• i believe in faeries.

the picnics were good, but small for the price.

• World of Color

Whenever I go to the see World of Color I go get my fastpass at 9:00 p.m. and there are still fastpasses left in the blue zone. So I don't think fastpass for World of Color is issue at this moment. But with the rumor Christmas World of Color, that might change

• Certified in everything

I guess money talks, even at Disneyland Resort.
    First off... when has this not been true?

But secondly, this doesn't make any sense, by eliminating a revenue stream from the picnics Disney is losing possible dollars... which leads me to believe this is due to a drop in demand. And as others have said, you absolutely do not need to rush to get a ticket to see this show.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

•   
    • Minion

I am sure this is just because there is no demand for them. Nothing more nothing less. I haven't had an issue getting to WOC in the past year or even longer.

I was able to walk right into a rear viewing section up against the rail infront of The Little Mermaid 10 minutes before the show without a fp last month. The CM was taking passes and I asked if there is a spot where people without passes can watch, she unroped a completely empty section and let me and my girlfriend in. With multiple shows a night and the hype cooling down, getting a good spot is not that hard anymore. It is still a great show! But I don't think it has the replay value such as shows like Fantasmic or Fireworks.

• Minion

We have walked right into WOC without a fastpass and have had great seats. This option is more then likely gone because of lack of demand. Disney is not really one to just end things that are making them money.
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast