Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Is Trader Sam's a good dinner option?

Trader Sam's is AWESOME!!! Love the BBQ Pork Flatbread, Chicken Lettuce Wraps, and Fish Tacos. They have some amazing drinks too.

Trader Sam's is first and foremost a bar. You have to remember that, it's not a restaurant and they do serve food but it's more geared as appetizers with 1 or 2 heavier dishes like the burger. I usually go with someone else and we order 2-3 dishes, that plus a drink is a good meal but that gets to be $$ when you figure you can just go over to Steakhouse 55 or somewhere else for a typical meal.

I wouldn't take kids per se but there is seating outside that I would do and then you also have the option of Tangora or Sam's but you won't get the atmosphere that Sam's provides. At Sam's they will come out for your order but for Tangora you'll have to go in to order and collect your food.

It's very small ( I want to say like maybe seats 20 max but some tables are for up to 4 people ) and there will be a crowd so if you want to sit inside go early.

It's a definite must see so I would go for it.

•   

It would be great if they offered a food selection related to the Jungle Cruise. In Florida at the Grand Floridian I had Smoke Gator Tail, which is like a crock of relish actually made from Alligator tale and they bring you fresh bread to spread it on, with your drinks. They could offer stuffed Romaine salads with a "Full Head" or "Small Head" for your little eaters. At the Tokyo Disneyland Hilton, they core drill a pineapple, slide your glass into the center hole firmly, and then make your Mai Thai out of the core. A real art experience.

• We Go On.

—Is Trader Sam's a good dinner option?

I went there once, had baby back ribs and an open face sandwich. At Trader Sam's they're always finding new ways to serve you for dinner.

—Is Trader Sam's a good place for kids?

Depends on how willing you are to part with your kids. But honestly, if your kids are a real dish, they'll fit right in at Trader Sam's.

—Should I make a reservation?

No reservation is necessary. There's always a table prepared for you.

• Disneyland PAP

Quote Originally Posted by Pfsjed View Post
    It looks really cool and the ambiance seems top notch disney so that's why I'm considering it.
    My friends love to go because they can buy drinks there. Have dined inside, out on the patio and out further by the fireplace down the steps. We usually have a larger group and the inside is usually full most every time we're there, so we're almost always outside when we go there. True, it doesn't over a lot of menu items (see menu at AllEars), but I have enjoyed everything I have ordered there to eat so far. The BBQ Chicken Sandwich is my favorite while my friends love the flatbread pizzas. Here are some pictures of the meals I've ordered. And have you gone yet? Would love to hear what you thought if you did.

I also want to mention we had a great experience one evening with the Hawaiian performers playing guitar in the patio. We joked with them that we'd like them to play the Hawaiian War Chant from the end of the Enchanted Tiki Room. They started to play something pretty and when they started singing, it was the Hawaiian War Chant! We loved it, it was a great and we let them know how much we loved it with our cheers, laughter and applause. It was a great cover version of the song.

Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar, May 19, 2013 by Gone2Disneyland, on Flickr

Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar, October 28, 2012 by Gone2Disneyland, on Flickr

I'm a spicy food kind of guy, I went there and was not pleased, I think the food tastes bland. It's just not my kind of food. But that's just me

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

The chicken lettuce wraps are amazing

A love of Disney that sometimes borders on the edge of crazy ---but I'm okay with that

http://braddisneylandblog.blogspot.com/

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    I also want to mention we had a great experience one evening with the Hawaiian performers playing guitar in the patio. We joked with them that we'd like them to play the Hawaiian War Chant from the end of the Enchanted Tiki Room. They started to play something pretty and when they started singing, it was the Hawaiian War Chant! We loved it, it was a great and we let them know how much we loved it with our cheers, laughter and applause. It was a great cover version of the song.
    Keep in mind that Hawaiian War Chant is a traditional song and has been covered countless times before it was featured in the Tiki Room, so the chance of some Hawaiian performers being familiar with the song is pretty good. If you have a good musical ear, you can hear the instrumental version of the song straight from the Enchanted Tiki Room when you're inside the bar.

Like most people have said, Trader Sam's is first and foremost a bar. Its a bar that has food, but by no means is a restaurant. Because of that, I highly recommend doing everybody a favor and NOT bringing your kids inside (or at the very least, on the weekends when adults want to come in for a drink.) As a whole I'd recommend sitting with children on the patio for a more leisurely experience. For bar food, Trader Sam's does the job just fine. Either of the burgers, lettuce wraps, flatbread, or tacos will satisfy me along with my drink.

I find it funny how people gripe about the cost of the drinks, when they're actually pretty on par with any tiki bar in SoCal (or likely anywhere.) Do you have any idea how many ingredients are put into some of the drinks? Just look at the menu, its ridiculous. With that reasoning, maybe you could understand better the cost of the drink. If you go to Don the Beachcomber for example, a drink Donn created called the Rum Barrel has like 16 individual ingredients to make up the drink - syrups, spices, alcohol, etc. A lot more attention-driven than just a rum and coke! I would assume that Trader Sam's is the first (enchanted) tiki bar that the average user has experienced.

Trader Sam's is one of my favorite spots in the resort to visit. I would repeat the advice of others and say it's probably not the best if you have kids in your group.

But the drinks and the food as well have all been very good in my experiences. I like to just look at the menu sometimes online and wish I could be there right now!
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walt Disney

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123