Trying to work at Disneyland.

My interview was back in early April; and I was wait-listed. My recruiter said I did great. But now its been about 2 mos and I'm wondering if this is just Disney's polite way of saying: "Don't quit your day job." Or maybe I've hit a dry patch in hiring but I wouldn't think so since its summer season and the park has extended hours.
    I've heard of people getting off the wait-list and was wondering if anyone here has gone through the process as well: When was your interview, and how long did you have to wait?

• Former Churro Jockey

Re: Trying to work at Disneyland.

Well, it's been a long time since I worked there, so things may have changed, but back in my day, you would have your first interview, which was to work for Disneyland in general, and then they would tell you that you were hired, and then you'd have a 2nd interview for a specific department. If you didn't get hired by that department, you'd have another interview for a different department until one hired you, but as long as you passed the first interview you were in. Also, Disney sent a postcard to people that they were not going to hire. Back in the day, ODV, custodial, and security were always hiring nonstop (because half of the people they hired never showed up again after training), but things may be different now. How picky are you as to where you work in the resort?
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Galactic Hitchhiker

I had my interview mid-January of this year. I was wait-listed. Surprisingly, I only had to wait several hours until they called me and said they wanted me back for a second interview the following morning. After I returned home from the second interview, they called and said I got the job.

Still on the waitlist. Anybody with experience/inside knowledge know when hiring for Holidays starts? I figure they need a few extra people since a large number of people visit from mid Nov-mid Jan. Regardless, I'm not gonna stop trying even if my wait list time expires!

Quote Originally Posted by littlemsfreckles View Post
    Still on the waitlist. Anybody with experience/inside knowledge know when hiring for Holidays starts? I figure they need a few extra people since a large number of people visit from mid Nov-mid Jan. Regardless, I'm not gonna stop trying even if my wait list time expires!
    You need to understand how the wait list works. I answered that here.

Attention waitlisted people

global

Thanks Global. That was a little more helpful then other stuff I've been told and/or read. I'm still curious though; my recruiter said I did great, but is she the one that actually sets my place in line I wonder? Or is it the department (attractions in my case) that "ranks" waitlisted candidates?
    Honestly; they should just let people see where they are in their dashboard on the career website imo; even if its just a range. It'd probably save them some phone calls lol.
    I've been told "end of summer" by several CMs in different departments, so I'm still holding out hope.

Quote Originally Posted by littlemsfreckles View Post
    Thanks Global. That was a little more helpful then other stuff I've been told and/or read. I'm still curious though; my recruiter said I did great, but is she the one that actually sets my place in line I wonder? Or is it the department (attractions in my case) that "ranks" waitlisted candidates?
    Honestly; they should just let people see where they are in their dashboard on the career website imo; even if its just a range. It'd probably save them some phone calls lol.
    I've been told "end of summer" by several CMs in different departments, so I'm still holding out hope.
    Your place on the wait list is determined by what date you interview on as well as what your ranking is according to your Recruiter. The potential line of business that you are wait listed for plays no role in how long it takes you to get hired.

As for the phone calls, there is a huge call center in Orlando that takes the majority of the calls. Those phone calls very rarely reach a recruiter. If you do happen to reach a recruiter's voice mail and you were put on the wait list, they will probably not call you back because they've already told you that you were on the wait list and that you would be notified once a position opens up for you.

Global

So I've seen people being hired into entertainment (characters and hosts), photopass and now food/restaraunts. Do you guys think attractions is next? I would hope so as I have a theory that hiring for holidays is coming up.

I applied online this past May. My status on Disney's career site indicated nothing. I received an email from Casting approx. 2 weeks ago inviting me to schedule an in-person interview. I went to the interview last week. At the end of my interview, I was handed a pink "Secondary Interview Appointment" card to meet with (if I recall correctly) the department leads, managers etc. of the department I am applying for. It was also indicated to me that if for some strange reason, I did not move forward after this secondary interview, then casting would be looking at another department to place me in.

Interestingly enough, from how it was explained to me, once you are in the interviewing process, you are "locked out" of your Disney Career website profile. I am unable to access my account (thinking I screwed up my password) and couldn't figure out why password recovery emails were never sent to me.

Last edited by Disney Vault; 10-30-2013 at 02:31 AM.