Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Talking DCA' s 2013 attendance report shows nearly doubled from 2010!

DCA's attendance in 2010 was around 6 million , rumors are saying that the new attendance theme park report will show DCA doubled that amount from 2010 rivaling disneyland park is this good or bad for the resort and also for future attractions coming to the resort?

Once again an official full theme park attendance report will come out later this week ! Stay tuned .

• Sock Puppet

Re: DCA' s 2013 attendance report shows nearly doubled from 2010!

Wow, that's great news! Go DCA!

Overall it's great news for the resort and for Disney. It's not so great news for Knotts and Universal though. Instead of doing Disneyland and then taking a day and going to Universal or Knotts, tourists are now taking that extra day and spending it at DCA.
    Last edited by NineteenTwenty8; 06-01-2013 at 07:47 AM.

This shows that that the amusement/theme park market will pay a premium price for a high quality product. Should encourage Disney to continue to increase quality as well as continue to be at the very high end of the market price point.

• Minion

The report will be coming on June 4th, apparently. I'm very excited to see DCA's new attendance.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Rock Star Minion

Meh. It will show that lots of parkhopper-eligible guests were choosing to go to DCA first to get to the new Carsland Attractions in the morning before it got too crowded, instead of going through the DL stiles first as they have always done in the past, when DCA was the park to get away from the DL crowds for a few hours.

Total DL+DCA attendance revenue is what is important.

And the boost will show that when you create attractive attractions, they will attract guests.

Now, all that assumes that "first park chosen on the day is where that attendance datum goes."
    I'm still not convinced about that. I'll be convinced if DL attendance dropped 2 million or so in 2012 vs 2011 due to the morning mad dash to Carsland.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Disneyland 20 year APH

If the attendance numbers are up that begs the question: Was the $ they invested into DCA fix it? and Will DCA receive a phase 2?
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    If the attendance numbers are up that begs the question: Was the $ they invested into DCA fix it? and Will DCA receive a phase 2?
    That's what Bob Iger Said Back in 2007, in his announcement of DCA's Phase 1 if that's a success then well go to phase 2 plans.

• Sock Puppet

We will never see a phase 2 on the size and scope of phase 1. First of all, there arent that many areas of DCA that need a huge makeover any more. Secondly, there just is not a need for it. DCA can now get a new attraction every few years and do fine. It doesnt need a huge 'phase 2' to bring guests in any more.

So in short, a huge phase 2 on par with phase 1 will never happen. We will see new attractions and maybe the area surrounding the attraction will get some remodeling, but thats about it.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mortgageman View Post
    This shows that that the amusement/theme park market will pay a premium price for a high quality product. Should encourage Disney to continue to increase quality as well as continue to be at the very high end of the market price point.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Disney circle back to cutting corners because they believe the associated brands are more important than the actual product. Institutional history is short lived at The Walt Disney Company.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Phase 2 was never meant to be on the same level as Phase 1 if I recall. I remember Phase 2 consisted of the following:

+ Adding a Cars-themed Drive-In restaurant.
    + Retheming of GRR and Soarin areas
    + Retheming of Hollywoodland area (including Hyperion theater repaint) (additional attractions in area possible)
    + POSSIBLE replacement of GSS

These are all things that can be done as smaller independent projects to be done anytime and that don't need as much fanfare as the phase 1 stuff. The Hollywoodland area of course should be the major focus and meat of phase 2 and the rest will slowly but surely fall into place.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Phase 2 was never meant to be on the same level as Phase 1 if I recall. I remember Phase 2 consisted of the following:

+ Adding a Cars-themed Drive-In restaurant.
    + Retheming of GRR and Soarin areas
    + Retheming of Hollywoodland area (including Hyperion theater repaint) (additional attractions in area possible)
    + POSSIBLE replacement of GSS

These are all things that can be done as smaller independent projects to be done anytime and that don't need as much fanfare as the phase 1 stuff. The Hollywoodland area of course should be the major focus and meat of phase 2 and the rest will slowly but surely fall into place.
    If the success has been this big, I think the only place we'll see Phase 2 is in Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making Morerer Magic Real.

I'd be shocked if DCA's attendance came anywhere near to doubling with Cars Land open only half the year. The Al/Miceage columns have suggested attendance in the range of 9 million, which is reasonable given Cars Land was only open for half the year. OTOH, 12 million is possible next year.

• Banned User

I also dont see any way that DCA's attendance was around 12 million. Also, someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought this was an UN-OFFICIAL attendance number because Disney doesnt release them.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    I also dont see any way that DCA's attendance was around 12 million. Also, someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought this was an UN-OFFICIAL attendance number because Disney doesnt release them.
    The numbers that get published each year come from the Themed Entertainment Association (TEA), of which Disney is a member, and AECOM, a conglomerate that does economic feasibility studies as one of its many services. The numbers never claim to be more than estimates. In the past SeaWorld, also a TEA member, has voiced disagreement with the numbers, saying they are low for their parks, but has not yet been motivated to publish their internal numbers. So yes, while they are unofficial, they are typically considered to be of some note.

Bringing in phase 1 has been a huge success. I'm guessing we're going to see significant changes to Paradise Pier and the Hollywood Backlot. Cars Land still shows no signs of slowing down after a year. Great for DCA!
    DVC Members at SSR and VGC
    Trips with our kids...
    DL 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
    Aulani 2013
    WDW 2013
    Writer at GrowingUpGoofy.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast