• Banned User

Disney World toys At Disneyland.

Ok there are a lot of toys from Disney world that are sold at Disneyland. The famous monorail toys all have disney world markings and announcements(except the one that came with the golden gate bridge). The trains are Clearly Modeled after WDWRR#1 Walter E. Disney. The accesories are even marked for disney world. 1 of the great things about the fiftieth is all of the unique mechandise for disneyland. I understand it is cheaper to do stuff that could be sold at both parks but it hate it when there is something that names both resorts. The golden train while still named after WDWRR#1 is labeled disneyland railroad. the thing is it still bugs ne that they sell stuff at both resorts while clearly showing a bias towards WDW. What they need to do is get a new train based and labeled after the disneyland trains. Resell the disneyland monorail toy and put in stuff that isn't double labeled for both resrts as that is really annoying.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Disney World toys At Disneyland.

I agree. I hate when I buy something for someone and the packaging says "Walt Disney World - Disneyland Resort"

It completely ruins the gift for me and makes it seem less unique or less special.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Head Salesman

Ditto. Of course, I don't mind them selling WDW stuff every now and then. How else would I have gotten the WDW hearse without going to Florida or resorting to mark-ups from online stores?
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• e komo mai

The last time I was at DL, Adventureland was still selling WDW's Countdown to Extinction plastic dinos. They've been trying to get rid of these for years!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Agreed! They may get a discount for bulk ordering, but come on they are selling hundreds of thousands units or even millions so the discount to make the units universal seems to not play out. Come on, if I go to DL I want something unique to DL not a generic rip off.

What's funny is that I went to WDW (first and only time) for my honeymoon in 1998 and bout the Monorail there. I was like, this is cool a WDW monorail for our Christmas tree and it's unique to WDW. What a surprise when next year I go back to DL and can buy the exact same thing. It tainted my perception of WDW and to how Disney likes to cheapen its brand.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    The last time I was at DL, Adventureland was still selling WDW's Countdown to Extinction plastic dinos. They've been trying to get rid of these for years!
    At least with that, it's more Character-based from a movie.

So, then, wondering... how do you feel about things like the Micro Machines track with a choice of putting either the Autopia or Tomorrowland Speedway decals on it?
    -Tim

My personal favorites are:

The Mickey Mouse Hand Grippers we sold some time ago, all had Tokyo Disneyland Markings and the instructions were all in japanese, no English.

All of the Buzz ride merchandise for the park is for WDW's 'Space Ranger Spin' and not 'Astroblasters'.

Then there is the WDW pop-up book we sold for awhile. And the Magic Kingdom board game, that while 100% WDW (it clearly does some mixing and matching of the MK parks) it is more heavily biased towards it than DL.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

• Huh?

Seen the Expidition Everest merch yet? The Yeti doesn't even look like the animatronic: ride = brown fur; merch = white fur. Did they just grab it from the Matterhorn at DL?
    -Tim

• My Children's Father

About 7 years ago (when money was tight) we returned a WDW Monorail toy that we had purchased at DL. We couldn't justify the expense for something that was not really a souvenir of our son's first DL visit. Seriously, do they sell Carlsbad Caverns t-shirts at the Grand Canyon?

Fortunately they let me return it at our local Disney store, so I did not have to drive all the way down to the park to return it ......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

I think it's kind of silly that I can buy a Cinderella's Castle toy at DL for my daughter but there is not a Sleeping Beauty's Castle to be found. I can understand them labeling some things as WDW and DLR like generic candy and other souveniers. But not to have park specific things be from another park. Why do I want anything that is WDW when I'm at DL.

• Former Epcot CM

Ha. I saw a Sleeping Beauty Castle toy at WDW in October!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California