Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Re: Ticket prices going up June 2nd

It always shocks me a bit when I see how cheap those SoCal passes are. I think what gets people excited is when they are buying them for the whole family at once, and see the big $ thousand + charge all at once. (though of course you can spread that all out now any number of ways.)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I didn't really comment about the charges, someone added %, which is sometimes helpful, but in this case it does make the numbers look like a bunch of mumbo jumbo.

Lets just simplify the $ increases for today:

GENERALLY:

$10 increase for park hopper tickets for adults(regardless of the # of days)
    $9 increase for park hopper tickets for kids

$5 increase for non-park hopper tickets for adults
    $4 increase for non-park hopper tickets for kids

SO, they are increasing park hoppers tickets even more compared to non park hopper tickets- perhaps discouraging park hopping for those visiting just a day or two.

One exception to the above is increasing the price of a single day ticket more than any other, which also encourages a multiday ticket, as it is less per day.

As for Annual Passports: Last year's increase was a doozie, and it looks like they didn't want to rock the boat on that front, too much this year.

The Premium increased by $20, which seems to mean they want to encourage a few more deluxe passports to upgrade to a Premium.

The low end of the AP totem pole, the So-Cal Select only sees a $10 increase, which also means they didn't want to rock the boat too much on the pass with the most blockout dates.

I think they do realize that not all the effects of last year's AP price hike has been felt yet, and they want to see where things go, before making another HUGE change, like last year.

(I haven't looked at the premier pricing difference this year, so no comment on that front, yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Ok, so, compairing May 20, 2012 with pricing for June 2, 2013

Here is the list with the price change

Disneyland Resort Ticket Options

Ticket Ages 10+ Ages 3-9
    5-Day Park Hopper $300 (+$10) $279 (+9)
    5-Day 1-Park Per Day $265 (+$5) $244 (+4)
    4-Day Park Hopper $285 (+$10) $265 (+10)
    4-Day 1-Park Per Day $250 (+$5) $230 (+5)
    3-Day Park Hopper $260 (+$10) $244 (+9)
    3-Day 1-Park Per Day $225 (+$5) $209 (+4)
    2-Day Park Hopper $210 (+$10) $197 (+9)
    2-Day 1-Park Per Day $175 (+$5) $162 (+4)
    1-Day Park Hopper $137 (+$12) $131 (+$12)
    1-Day 1-Park $92 (+$5) $86 (+$5)

All multi-day tickets expire 13 days after first use.
    Disneyland Resort Annual Passports

Premium $669 (+$20)
    Deluxe $499 (+$30)
    Southern California* $359 $(+$30)
    Southern California Select* $279 (+$10)
    Annual Passport Block-Out Day Ticket $84 ?

*Valid proof of Southern California residency required for purchase and use.
    Disney Premier Passport

Disney Premier Passport $979

Theme Park Parking

Auto/ Motorcycle $16
    Oversized Vehicles/ Motor Homes/ Tractors w/o Trailers $21
    Buses/ Tractor w/ Extended Trailers $26
    Annual Passport Parking Pass $139(+$10)

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    A one day pass in 2003 (10 years ago) was $47. Tomorrow it will be $92.
    And in that 10 year period ... How many of you readers .. have had your salaries doubled in that time period?

Perhaps now, some of you may understand why some people are upset!

It's not just this increase.

It's the increases ... starting with Michael Eisner. From 1984 to the present.

The price increases from 1955 to 1983 were on one level. And the increases from 1984 to 2013 .. are on a different playing field.

But I'll say this - This is a board where pretty hardcore Disneyland fans come to. And no matter how much the prices go up ... We'll justify them. Lets be honest here!

OBJECTIVELY speaking - Come on! The price increases over a long period of time ... put Disney into a unique perspective. They do live in a vacumn. An arrogant one .. where they think they are so special .. they can price themselves to anything they want!

And to the unsuspecting tourists who show up with their kids by their sides? Are they all of sudden going to turn away .. .because the prices went up again? So, they made the trip ... parked the car .. and are now going to walk back .. and go home? NO. Right there .. on the spot - They will have to dig deeper into their wallets. And to APers .. no big deal. Disney has them hooked too! Just do the payment program.

And crowds will never lessen. Not as long as the AP program is semi affordable!
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

•   
    • Minion

Every form of entertainment has gone up in the past ten years Disney is no different. Sporting events, concerts, etc. As long as people pay and the demand is there it goes up. Just wait till USH gets WWoHP it will be no different. I choose to spend money on Disney or not it's not a birth right or needed to surivive and I accept that with any for of entertainment I choose to participate in.

• "What is thy bidding?"

We will see $100 admission to see Mickey and his Castle in the near future.

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    And in that 10 year period ... How many of you readers .. have had your salaries doubled in that time period?
    The size of the resort has doubled during that time.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Every form of entertainment has gone up in the past ten years Disney is no different. Sporting events, concerts, etc. As long as people pay and the demand is there it goes up. Just wait till USH gets WWoHP it will be no different. I choose to spend money on Disney or not it's not a birth right or needed to surivive and I accept that with any for of entertainment I choose to participate in.
    But don't you notice something between those sporting events, concerts, and other theme park prices? They seem to justify each other - When someone raises their prices. One business raises theirs - The others follow. And very quickly. A trend among companies ... for a few decades. It didn't always use to be that way. Each decade that goes by ... the world gets greedier. At some point - something will go "pop"!
    MY SIGNATURE:
    Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    The size of the resort has doubled during that time.
    DCA was around in 2003.

Duh

It was two years old at the time.

And beside the point - When Disneyland became a 2-park resort in 2001 .... One ticket price didn't cover 2 parks.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 06-02-2013 at 05:53 PM.
    MY SIGNATURE:

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post

Perhaps now, some of you may understand why some people are upset!

It's not just this increase.

It's the increases ... starting with Michael Eisner. From 1984 to the present.

The price increases from 1955 to 1983 were on one level. And the increases from 1984 to 2013 .. are on a different playing field.

But I'll say this - This is a board where pretty hardcore Disneyland fans come to. And no matter how much the prices go up ... We'll justify them. Lets be honest here!

OBJECTIVELY speaking - Come on! The price increases over a long period of time ... put Disney into a unique perspective. They do live in a vacumn. An arrogant one .. where they think they are so special .. they can price themselves to anything they want!

And to the unsuspecting tourists who show up with their kids by their sides? Are they all of sudden going to turn away .. .because the prices went up again? So, they made the trip ... parked the car .. and are now going to walk back .. and go home? NO. Right there .. on the spot - They will have to dig deeper into their wallets. And to APers .. no big deal. Disney has them hooked too! Just do the payment program.

And crowds will never lessen. Not as long as the AP program is semi affordable!
    Hear hear!
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    A one day pass in 2003 (10 years ago) was $47. Tomorrow it will be $92.

Have you considered that perhaps Disney's product was somewhat under priced in 2003?

Have you considered that the demand for Disney's product is apparently higher here in 2013 than 10 years ago?

WOW!!! Still renewing our premium passes in Dec!

I like Disneyland and all, but no theme park is worth 92 to enter for a day. I am fine with the increases, I stopped going 3 years ago and likely will never go back. I am priced out and I am fine with that, I just find alternative places to go. No matter what is charged there will always be people priced out.

The only time a price increase would be silly is if they were seeing attendance drops, but since they are not, only makes sense to increase the prices.

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith11618 View Post
    I like Disneyland and all, but no theme park is worth 92 to enter for a day.
    I don't like the price increases at all, and it seems like they keep pushing it, but I would still pay $92 for Disneyland. Not that I will though, I can get discount tickets, haha.

I paid $95 for Islands of Adventure 2 months ago and it was very much worth it. Of course probably because it was my first time but the experience was incredible. I didn't even think twice about purchasing the 1 day 1 park ticket. I was like, "YES. TAKE MY WALLET. DO YOU WANT MORE? I CAN GET MORE."

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Mortgageman View Post
    Have you considered that perhaps Disney's product was somewhat under priced in 2003?
    In relation to people's salaries, actual inflation (Not Disney's!), the diminishing returns in DL - [When was the last time an E Ticket has been added, while letting some parts of the park fall the way side (Tomorrowland), DCA 1.0 actually "over priced" for what it was] ... my answer is:

No!

Have you considered that the demand for Disney's product is apparently higher here in 2013 than 10 years ago?
    First of all - Proof please.
    Secondly - I know what "supply and demand" actually mean in real world terms - Means, if I have a company and I sell something at a price, still get a nice tidy profit. But people want it so bad, that gives me the right to jack up the price. It's called ripping people off. A practice that goes on in every day life.

A really, really sad aspect of humanity.

In the end, I just turn my head away.

Search for other means to live and entertain myself - instead of dealing with greedy corporations.
    MY SIGNATURE:

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    I paid $95 for Islands of Adventure 2 months ago and it was very much worth it. Of course probably because it was my first time but the experience was incredible. I didn't even think twice about purchasing the 1 day 1 park ticket. I was like, "YES. TAKE MY WALLET. DO YOU WANT MORE? I CAN GET MORE."
    The first time visitor likely feels the same about Disneyland and the price of a one day admission.

I know that the more often I go the less I'm willing to pay per day. The thing is, it's not realistic to expect Disney to adjust their prices accordingly.

If Disneyland is "too expensive" for someone, they should ask themselves why. Is it really overpriced, or have they just gone so often that the novelty has worn off.

For another example, I'm not willing to pay full price to see a movie a second time, but I'm not whining at the ticket booth because they aren't adjusting their prices to cater to my specific desires.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast