Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Re: Ticket prices going up June 2nd

Blah, blah, blah. Same every year. People complaining, swearing they are done, will not return. Keep raising prices as far as I am concerned, price more people out please. I will gladly pay more if it decreases crowds.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    Who drives a tractor to Disneyland?
    Cross-country truckers who want to see Disneyland while they are in the area?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    it is ridicoulus brother.

Curious as to why you think this? I understand no one likes it when things go up but why ridiculous?

- not enough value for the new price?
    - they are pricing above the market?
    - more money than you have to spend?
    - something else?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Callaghans View Post
    Blah, blah, blah. Same every year. People complaining, swearing they are done, will not return. Keep raising prices as far as I am concerned, price more people out please. I will gladly pay more if it decreases crowds.
    What a sensitive response. Disney I pricing out so many families with these prices. Families won't be able to take their kids to the parks anymore or not as often. But good for you, right? No more families with their young children there to bother you if it gets too crowded.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

Yup.

Has anybody gone to purchase a Premier Pass today to use in the future and been told there's no such thing as a Premier voucher? Getting mixed info.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    What a sensitive response. Disney I pricing out so many families with these prices. Families won't be able to take their kids to the parks anymore or not as often. But good for you, right? No more families with their young children there to bother you if it gets too crowded.
    I wish so... but again, the price increase was way too small for this to really happen.

I think your attitude is pretty funny. You're upset about the price increase because it negatively impacts you. But you don't think it's okay for people to be upset that the price increase wasn't larger which would benefit other people. Pot -> Kettle

• Minion

I hope this 3rd gate comes soon to spread out the crowds so the price can go down. That's a lot of money for one theme park

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post

There are hundreds of thousands of kids and families who will never be able to afford to go to Disney parks at any price point. Disney has no duty to make their product affordable. They are a business and will charge a market price for their product just like any other business does.

Not being insensitive, just being real.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinemaps View Post
    And I agree...if you renew, you are definitely going to go more. And probably spend less elsewhere. It's a smart move for Disney. You could make the argument that this increases attendance.
    That is a sunk cost fallacy. The amount you spend on the APs should not (if you are rational) effect how often you visit the parks. Once the APs are purchased, then the decision each day to go or not go has its own costs and benefits, and those costs and benefits do not, in any way, depend on how much was previously paid for the passes.

Of course, you could always choose to be irrational... but I would hope that intentional irrationality would be uncommon. So, no, it should not be a broad effect that results in raised attendance.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Ridiculous...

and they lost all credibility to me at least.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by SusanJ2 View Post
    This is just sad. I know a lot of people that have stopped renewing their passes. We might be next. And guests that come to visit.... we have been doing OTHER things and less Disney.
    besides there other things in life that are better than ddisney. like going to parks, beaches etc.

OUCH!
    A positive point, however, is that at least it's only a small percentage mark up! The last time they increased prices the cost of a premium AP jumped by $150 and the time before that it had risen by about $50, if I remember correctly...all within a relatively short period of time.
    It DOES seem outrageous but, to put it in perspective, I have often considered the cost of running the resort: The Disneyland Resort employs over 20,000 castmembers. You have maintenance which includes constant cleaning of the property, ride and attraction care etc. service in nearly every category and utilities (Can you imagine what the electric bill alone is?!). The list of expenditures goes on and on!
    But, as I like to say when it comes to inflation: "The cost of living keeps going up, and the chance of living keeps going down."

Quote Originally Posted by Callaghans View Post
    There's a part of me that agrees with that sentiment.

If $30 is to much, start a crusade to save the world and collect 600 cans or bottles. Its only 12 a week.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast