Unpublicized (or under publicized) Advantages of the Premier Pass

I am in the process of deciding whether or not to purchase Premier Passports for our four family members in light of upcoming trips this year to both Disneyland and WDW. The June 2 price hike is making the decision more difficult, but unfortunately, we will not be able to get to Disneyland in person until later this month. I've seen the listed features of the Passport, but wonder if there are any unpublicized or under publicized advantages to this passport level that we should be aware of. If we are going to spend this much money, I want to make sure to maximize the value. Any insights or tips on how to maximize the value of the passport would be greatly appreciated.

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Unpublicized (or under publicized) Advantages of the Premier Pass

Go to the resorts a lot. Two trips might not be enough. So, you do DL later this month, go to WDW in December, then back to DL next June before the pass expires.
    (Assuming you're not local.)

First, decide if you're actually going to do that.

Second, decide if staying home and using, say, half that money on something else for the family could be just as good.

Otherwise, I don't know anything about the premier pass. I have no interest in buying one.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I'm having this same dilemna right now as a DLR local with a WDW trip already planned this Fall. However, I'm hearing that you can't buy a Premier to be activated later; they just don't do that. Waiting for confirmation but if that's the case, I guess the only thing to do is renew your home park pass when the time comes and then pay the extra to upgrade to Premier.

Unless I'm missing something.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Minion

Both resorts, unlimited entry during normal hours. At DLR, 15% off food, 20% off merchandise. At WDW, you can purchase the Table card, not sure about other discounts there.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

I have the premier pass and saved me money. Booked hotels ,plane all separate. The down side was at wdw nobody really knew about the pass. At the food courts at hotel and at the parks they all kinda gace me a funny look like what the hell is this! If you are Disney local and plan on going to wdw it's worth it. You can park hop and get discounts for the hotel. Stayed at the music resort

You have the pay the diffence of you Disney pass up front. No monthly payments on tht pass

• Minion

While the parks are the big draw, don't forget that you can check out Disney Quest, the water parks, etc. in Florida.

Chris249, I got the same stares when I used mine at DLR last year, around June-August. It feels as though more CMs are aware of it and know how to handle the discount.

I had one in 2010 and 2012, and had no problems getting the food/merchandise discounts at WDW. It's true that not only is there no monthly payment option, but when you upgrade to the Premier, you pay whatever the balance would have been had you had it for the entire year. No pro-rated upgrades, which is how it is with any kind of pass upgrade. I just went to Florida for 2 weeks last year, and I think the cost of the upgrade was still less than the cost of most of the multi-day hoppers. And since it included parking and I had a rental car, it made it worth it.
    Oh, and while you're in Florida, it wouldn't hurt to present the pass at any locations off Disney property or not Disney owned. You never know who might be offering a discount that they of course won't tell you about in Disney's official tems/condition.

• -

I don't usually lose my pass, but my wife had an incident where hers was misplaced and they told her that with the premier there are unlimited reprints, but wit the lower levels they give you one freebie and then charge for subsequent replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris249 View Post
    You have the pay the diffence of you Disney pass up front. No monthly payments on tht pass
    Too bad all levels aren't like that.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I've had the Premiere pass off and on since it started. Even with the price increases, I think it's worth it under certain circumstances. For me I'm a DL local with a Premium Pass. With the current prices (and in the past) it is cheaper to upgrade the DL Premium to the Premiere than it is to buy a 2-day park hopper at WDW. So, if you are going to WDW and you already have the Premium DL pass then it is a no brainer. In addition, you get all the perks of being a WDW Premium Passholder (hotel discounts, access to tables in wonderland card, some discounts at dinning, water park admission, etc).

Two people have mentioned a "tables" or "tables in wonderland" card. What is that?

• Minion

A quick google search came up with Tables In Wonderland
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Yeah, the Tables in Wonderland card is a paid card that gives you a 20% discount on meals (including alcohol) at nearly all table service restaurants in WDW. This includes the resort restaurants as well as some quick service locations (in Animal Kingdom). It was $100 but I don't know if they raised the price or not. If you are going to eat at a bunch of table service restaurants it might be worth it (or if you are planning more than 1 trip during the year).

It's worth noting that the card is good for one year from when you buy it (independent of your annual pass expiration). Also, when you use it you get the 20% discount but at table service restaurants they automatically add 18% gratuity. I usually, tip around that much anyway but it is something to be aware of. If you do use it you might want to wait until the end of the meal to mention that you have it. On rare occasions we didn't get the best service when they knew we were using the card from the beginning of the meal (since they already were getting an 18% tip no matter what).

Also might want to check the blackout dates. Not many, mainly Holidays.