Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

World of Color... any advice?

It too often happens, after making the time to see some entertainment, someone says, "you should have gone to the second showing, they...." or, "why did you sit there? You could have...."

So, we are planning to stay late and see WOC...
    We plan to be there early for the pass
    we had thought of doing the picnic, had heard better "seating", but, will not be available when we go (and reading, not that great a deal)

any advice for view and comfort?

• #bringevilback

Re: World of Color... any advice?

Wherever you go just be sure you are up against the railing. As long as no one is directly in front of you you should have a decent view. Blue is usually considered the better section as well. If you are near the front, you will get wet from the blowing water.

My favorite places to watch are from the bridge into Paradise Pier, or down on the viewing levels very near it. Not a lot of competition for that space down below, and I can get up against the rail. Additionally, it's a dry section! I like seeing the late showing so I can walk out through a park that's quiet and deserted and I can get good pictures.

I've also seen it from the PP side of the lagoon, and that was fun. The projections are backwards, but that didn't bother me. Everything else is fine from either side - the fountains and the fire.

Enjoy the show!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Minion

Viewing from the back is a nice experience as well as you get to see the smaller fountains that are in the middle of viewing areas. You also get a panoramic view of the show, which is also awesome. They're completely different experiences and it might be an option for you if you are taller than the average guest.

• I am number 4 of 999

Planning to be early for the pass and staying late to see the show cancel each other out, unless 9 PM is late for you (which I guess it can be to some people) because they issue passes to the first show first, and once they've been issued, they issue passes to the 10:15 show, schedule permitting. SO you don't have to be there early to get passes to the 10:15 show.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

I like the bridge spot. I didn't get it but I would've had I known about it. It's up against the rail, no one really behind you, easy to move and use the restroom if needed, and your not in a herd of people. Oh and easy to zoom off after the show.

Quote Originally Posted by CassiefRN View Post
    Wherever you go just be sure you are up against the railing. As long as no one is directly in front of you you should have a decent view. Blue is usually considered the better section as well. If you are near the front, you will get wet from the blowing water.

Good suggestion, I'm short ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Danski View Post
    I like the bridge spot. I didn't get it but I would've had I known about it. It's up against the rail, no one really behind you, easy to move and use the restroom if needed, and your not in a herd of people. Oh and easy to zoom off after the show.
    Is that outside the official "seating" area?
    and you can just stand there and wait for the show? thinking of (what's it called, the show on Rivers...) they won't let you stand outside the ropes, if you slow as walking cast tells you to "keep walking"
    rest room is good ;-), where is the nearest from there, the one near Ariel?

9 would not be bad
    we are more interested in comfort... I can walk all day but standing along time, legs hurt

Bring a rain coat in case the wind shifts during the show. This happened to me. Get there early and plan to hang onto the railing until the show starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Danski View Post
    The bridge is my favorite spot!
    For the love of Disney....

I like dining at Carthay to get WoC tickets. They'll ask you which showing you'd like to see when you make the reservation, and you get to stand in the less-crowded but ideally-located Carthay Circle section. In my experience, this has allowed me to get a railing spot midway up just by walking up right before the show starts. And you don't have to order off of an inferior sub-menu, like at Wine Country -- you just order an entree and a starter or dessert for each member of your party.

Quote Originally Posted by GwenRowan View Post
    we are more interested in comfort... I can walk all day but standing along time, legs hurt
    There is no seating for WoC, unfortunately. They make you stand starting about 1/2 an hour before the show so they can make more room, and then the show is about 1/2 an hour long, so that means standing in one place for 60 minutes. If you don't do good with standing, you'll be in pain by the time it ends (we were).

• #bringevilback

The bridge is a great viewing section if you get blue. If it is just you who has trouble standing your group could save the spot and you join them right before the show starts so you are only standing for the 25 minute show. If you aren't able to stand for even that length of time you'd have to get a GAC and sit in the accessible section, which has a terrible view

I highly recommend you do one of the meal plans so you won't have to wait several hours waiting for the show. Since you can't attend the picnic, I'd suggest doing the World of Color deal at Ariel's Grotto. It's a three-course meal. They serve you bread along with many sides (the prosciutto is delicious) for an appetizer. For the main course, you can choose from a variety of meals. I chose the tri-tip. It was good, but my only complaint is that it has a lot of peppers. For dessert, they serve you a plate with various cupcakes and cookies. Since it was graduation and I was wearing a celebratory pin, they gave me a free strawberry cake that was delicious! I suggest sitting right behind the wet zone for the best view. You won't get wet as much as the people in front of you, but you'll still have a great view of the show.

My wife and I use one of two strategies.

1. Buy the dinner package at the Wine Country Trattoria, Ariel's Grotto, or the Carthay Circle Restaurant, get to the seating check-in area early, get up next to a railing and enjoy the wide scope of the show from the center section.

2. Pick up ShowPass tickets or buy the Picnic meal, get to the seating area early, go down right next to the water, get up close to railing and enjoy the up close and personal view of the show. We brought ponchos the first couple of times we did that but now we don't bother. I shoot the show with a DSLR and I start to get "misted on" I just cover my camera with my hands. We have never gotten "wet" standing down front, just "damp".

Key points in either case, get to the seating section entrance BEFORE the time listed on your ticket and be sure to get a vantage point where there is nobody in front of you on whatever level you pick.

I've never viewed the show from the bridge, I'll have to try it some time this summer.

Have fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast