Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Vidia's Minion

Re: AP Problem Caused Complications & Eventually Led to a Tense & Sour Evening w/ Fri

I renewed online a couple weeks ago and didn't have any issues, the issues seem to arise when renewing online and going before you get your pass (mine usually comes quickly, within 5-7 days) and going to the parks. Though I did that last year and they gave me the temporary one day ticket (parking was fine they saw in their system that I had upgraded online and it was no issue).

Easiest way as others have said is just renewing at the booths but due to travel time or other factors that might not always be feasible when trying to beat a price increase.

Disney just needs to make it so you can renew online and chose a will call option and pick up your pass at the booths.

Re: AP Problem Caused Complications & Eventually Led to a Tense & Sour Evening w/ Fri

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    Wow quite the novel

I actually have had this happen to me, but for a different reason. I got a new Debit card from my bank and forgot to tell Disney My new Debit card. I received and email from them saying my monthly payment didn't go though for my premium pass. I called up the next day and took care of it by updating my credit card. I went to the park a week later and my pass was denied, I went back to the ticket booths and they said everything was up to date and they gave me a temporary pass to get into the park. When I entered the park a supervisor wanted to correct it, they said everything was all set. Later in the day I went to DCA and it was denied again, they said they fixed it there too.

The simplest solution to fixing this is to just call Disneyland AP hotline right away if its open, they have the ability to fix it right away.

Stuff happens though, but it seem like updates on the status of a pass needs to be correct in there dated system.

Im sensing though you were more upset because you felt you were ruining everyone else's day because of the AP pass issue, and your willingness to please everyone in the group. Don't take this the wrong way, but do you not have many friend or family that have AP passes? You stated above you typically go by yourself. Ive tried going to Disneyland by myself before and just find it to depressing, I enjoy bringing smiles to others faces as they enjoy the park.

Just remember my friend, that stuff happens and try not to get upset about something like this. No one in the group will remember about the AP pass issue next week, and I believe you may be lacking some confidence and may just beilive everyone is thinking negative thoughts about you because you feel guilty about it. I think you mainly feel guilty because you invited yourself to the trip in a sense (which is not a bad thing) and you felt you were bringing down the group and holding them up. In your mind it made you feel unwanted. Im sure everyone enjoyed there time with you at the park and enjoyed the fastpasses you got them
    I second the last paragraph of this.
    I'm sorry for the negetive side of your experience, but it's a new day, you're still alive, those initial feelings are probably all but a memory, and you are holding a premium annual pass to Disneyland.
    Could be a lot worse... I do have one question however....

Was the carmel apple girl at least a cutie?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Anyone care to provide me with the Cliffs Notes?
    OP renewed Deluxe AP and also upgraded to Premium online, the new pass did not work but is OK now.

A phone call a few days after that first rejection might have gotten things moving toward being fixed, in a time when you are not under time constraints, nobody's waiting for you, that kind of thing. Check in to make sure the system knows you have the Premium and all. Not much help now, I know, but maybe for any future issues.

I hope your next visit goes more smoothly!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• *Experiment 999*

How unfortunate you had a negative experience after upgrading I had a similar event happen when i renewed my pass two weeks ago. It would help greatly if they added a "will call" option and you could pick up your pass at the park instead of waiting for it in the mail.

I explained my situation at the ticket booth for both days i was there, and at least they were fine giving me a temporary pass and fp tickets

some of us just cant wait to get our pass in the mail before having a disney trip

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    This story makes me mad for one reason -- if true, Disney knows of the problem (as they admitted in City Hall) and have failed to fix the issue. This is a glitch, something easily solved by a company like Disney. If it happens "all the time", then Disney needs to fix it to ensure customers (who are paying hundreds of dollars on an AP) are not hampered.
    What's amazing to me is that this is the same company that wants its customers to entrust their personal data, and that of their children, to its NextGen and MagicBand computer systems.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 06-03-2013 at 10:53 AM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

I too have had difficulty with going to the resort around the time my pass was renewed online. It seems they disable the old pass as soon as you renew, even when there are three of four weeks to go before the old pass expires.

I figure they are just clamping down against fraud. Too bad. A lot of guest time and Cast Member time is being squandered because of these policies.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by whitestrat View Post
    That's the question that I came away with, too. It seems like it would have been the perfect opportunity to tell her that if she wanted to stay a little longer, you would give her a ride home so she didn't have to go back on the bus with everyone else. Great way to get some alone time together at Disneyland and score some points with a new friend by extending her Disney Day.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Go Bears!

I visited with a friend who had a SoCal pass (which was blocked out that day), but he upgraded it in-person to a Deluxe (unblocked that day) at the ticket booths, and he was - like you - denied entrance. We had to wait about 30 minutes for the leads at the main entrance to figure it all out. Pretty obnoxious. So I don't think it necessarily has to do with upgrading online...I think their system just takes a while to update information or something.

But anyways...while this situation sounds annoying, I can't help but feel like you sort of did invite yourself. You said you're not a member of the French Club. Why would you go? I would have felt awkward going, and it sounds like the kids may have felt weird about your being there, and this situation just gave them a reason to express their annoyance in an "acceptable" way. They each paid $90+ to enjoy one day in the parks and you - not a member of their club - separated their group and caused drama. I know it sucks, and I'd also rightfully blame Disney if I were in your shoes, but maybe you can view this as a lesson!
    Last edited by KevRus; 06-03-2013 at 02:50 PM.

• Cove Bar Official Dj

let's send disney some invoices for our inconveniences, especially when they want to "over" raise pricing, my experience better be near perfect....
    -Ricky
    DLand Connoisseur
    http://www.djrickyjay.com

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I are very sorry about your bad experiences, Bongo, duckling. We're not surprised, though, in regard to the many mistakes Disney computers and cast members made during this mess up.

ORWEN: What's even worse is the reaction some of your friends/acquaintences had. They should have been so much more supportive than they were. At least the one girl showed some caring and understanding.

ORDDU: You certainly handled yourself better than a lot of others whom we know. A lot of people would have been out of control after going through all that. Talk about being tested by fire!

ORGOCH: Got medals of brave'ry?

Sorry for the stressful situation. I hope it's fully resolved!

Wink Re: AP Problem Caused Complications & Eventually Led to a Tense & Sour Evening w/ Fri

Quote Originally Posted by whitestrat View Post
    I second the last paragraph of this.
    I'm sorry for the negetive side of your experience, but it's a new day, you're still alive, those initial feelings are probably all but a memory, and you are holding a premium annual pass to Disneyland.
    Could be a lot worse... I do have one question however....

I'll admit I didn't quite read the entire original post. And now I have to go scan it again to find out who the caramel apple girl is

Disney's IT department is incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    What's amazing to me is that this is the same company that wants its customers to entrust their personal data, and that of their children, to its NextGen and MagicBand computer systems.
    I have no idea what these things are, but my mind went immediately to "mark of the Beast", lol.
    Last edited by DJM; 06-03-2013 at 08:11 PM.
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast