Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: Al Report: The Reality of the Disneyland Explosion, D23 Expo, Fantasyland Updatin

Quote Originally Posted by Attic Haunt View Post
    Not trying to start anything, this is a serious question. If the California theme was a failure why did they not totally take California out by renaming the park? The C in DCA does still stand for California, doesn't it?
    It doesn't stand for "cohesive"

Re: Al Report: The Reality of the Disneyland Explosion, D23 Expo, Fantasyland Updatin

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    Then lets change everything. I no it would be great, but Disney can't get into the business of constantly replacing or changing attractions to satisfy pass holders who go every other day and have ridden every ride 500 times. I think it's fairly obvious with everything taking place that Disney is trying to transformDLR into a destination resort and to move away from being overly reliant on season pass holder. They want big spending families who stay at the resort for 4-7 days. To that visitor, Soarin is one of the best attractions in the world. As proven by its popularity at Epcot. It also fits in perfectly on a thematic level at DCA. I think a digital transformation would be great.
    It is very popular in Epcot and a couple of the reasons are the lack of attractions in the park and the places shown on the video are 3,000 miles away. Most of these people will never visit those places in person or may only see 1 or 2.

While Disnayland is trying to expand the people that visit the resort their core buisness has and always will be Californians and they must keep theings fresh for locals or they will get bored and go somewhere else. Disneyland has to appeal to them whether you like it or not and frankly the current Soarin film needs an update. Yes I have seen it countless times and have no desire to see it again.

In regards to the theme being destroyed by visiting other places in the film. Is it really so hard to believe you take off and land in California and visit places outside California on your trip.

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    It doesn't stand for "cohesive"

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I know it would be extremely hard to do... But i'd love if the Soarin' film changed based on the season and time of day... So if you ride at night.. it's night.. at Christmas.. Christmas.. etc. I think that would make the attraction world class.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

A previous poster mentions they ate trying to change it in to a resort for families to visit it 4-7 days. I don't see this last year the eliminated 6 and 7 days tickets. According to Disney they have no plans to change this. If l buy a 5 day ticket now l can't add extra days, l have to either buy a 2 day hopper or upgrade to an AP and negotiate blackout days unless l get the most expensive pass.

• Banned User

carmatts, its not the seeing the places you have never seen before that makes Soarin great, its the way it is executed and the emotion that this ride gives you.
    I have seen rivers, as has every American, so lets get rid of RoA. The new loose tie in is a perfect solution for DCA as it allows Disney more freedom to imaginer for the park, but there does still need to be some heart and soul behind even a loose tie in to make it all come together.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

They should at least keep one bay running the CALIFORNIA themed film, or it loses all association with the park.

If they remodel Condor Flats, will it make any sense to have SOARIN in a larger National Park themed land?

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    I know it would be extremely hard to do... But i'd love if the Soarin' film changed based on the season and time of day... So if you ride at night.. it's night.. at Christmas.. Christmas.. etc. I think that would make the attraction world class.
    I really like this idea!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    This is a really good idea. Unfortunately I don't see it happening. Really good idea, though.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

DCA should let go of the CA theme as far as the attractions are concerned. Do like Disney Sea and have the lands convey the overall theme rather strict CA in your face in every ride like it used to be. It will still fit since aviation is still a huge part of our history of the state.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsuch View Post
    This is the first report that dry ice "bombs" are (or were) a very common (daily) event, although generally afterhours or backstage.
    The media response to the event already seemed "overblown", but it now seems ludicrous that the CM is still in jail.
    The idiot did it out in public, not backstage and caused a panic that evacuated a land in the park. He caused untold money and resources to be spent to investigate the incident and determine that it was just a prank and not an actual bombing. He broke the law. Why is it ludicrous that he’s in jail? Actions have consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmatts View Post
    In regards to the theme being destroyed by visiting other places in the film. Is it really so hard to believe you take off and land in California and visit places outside California on your trip.
    In a park that is supposed to be based on California, it should show locations in California.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Here's the thing...if Soarin vehicles were supposed to be actual planes instead of hangliders I would understand the world change. After all traveling the world is somewhat an important part of aviation. But because we're in hangliders...this really just doesn't make much sense for DCA IMO. Kind of wish they could modify the look of the ride vehicles aesthetically too look like some type of aircraft.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Are we in a helicopter, hang glider or an airplane? The entrance suggests an airplane, the seats suggest a hang glider, the footage suggests a helicopter.

So is it just based on 'flight' itself? It's a bit of a mishmash isn't it?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Are we in a helicopter, hang glider or an airplane? The entrance suggests an airplane, the seats suggest a hang glider, the footage suggests a helicopter.

So is it just based on 'flight' itself? It's a bit of a mishmash isn't it?
    thats how I'd like to think of it, but disney advertizes it as a ham gliding attraction.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast