Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Former Churro Jockey

Re: Al Report: The Reality of the Disneyland Explosion, D23 Expo, Fantasyland Updatin

I definitely would be voting for a new film. Soarin is actually 13 years old now(!), and while it is amazing I've seen it enough times that I'm ready for a new one. And of course, they could still bring back the old version for special events. For example, on DCA's birthday they could show the original film, or on the anniversary of the day that California became a state. I think a new film every five years or so would be perfect.
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Evil is Sexy

Re: Al Report: The Reality of the Disneyland Explosion, D23 Expo, Fantasyland Updatin

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    thats how I'd like to think of it, but disney advertizes it as a ham gliding attraction.
    Sounds delicious.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Suspended

The redo of the dark rides excited me the most but with Tony NOT there overseeing his babies I worry. Update the FX, lights, audio? YES. Tear out exisiting show scenes? NO. Keep Snow and Pinoc scary and subversive. Snow has the most possibilities. Imagine swirling clouds outside? Projection mapping eyes on the trees? Fog? Pan could use the FX from Paris. Toad I DK, Its SUPPOSED to be ALL flats and your going fast arounf tight corners so I DK what they could do there. The Alice AAs DO need to be replaced especially in the Garden of Live Flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The idiot did it out in public, not backstage and caused a panic that evacuated a land in the park. He caused untold money and resources to be spent to investigate the incident and determine that it was just a prank and not an actual bombing. He broke the law. Why is it ludicrous that hes in jail? Actions have consequences.
    It is ludicrous that he is still in jail with bail set at $500,000 for a "prank". It's like this kid has won the anti-lottery, and will collect the penalty for decades of unreported and ignored dry ice "bombs".

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    Sounds delicious.
    It's a little soggy, but you get used to it. You also smell like pork for the rest of the day :P

Hooray, a new Soarin film! The one now is really showing its age (not from a content standpoint, from a quality standpoint)

But content-wise, it will be fun to have a new DL/DCA flyover.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I just hope Soarin gets a better Q too...and I would not mind its being like Star Tours with different locations

As for the Dark rides being overhauled....OMG this could be so cool if they spend a good amount of money on them...but I hope they have more planed for the 60th
    Like a new Firework show and Parade and other rides getting upgraded

Quote Originally Posted by planodisney View Post
    carmatts, its not the seeing the places you have never seen before that makes Soarin great, its the way it is executed and the emotion that this ride gives you.
    I have seen rivers, as has every American, so lets get rid of RoA. The new loose tie in is a perfect solution for DCA as it allows Disney more freedom to imaginer for the park, but there does still need to be some heart and soul behind even a loose tie in to make it all come together.
    Not sure how you got there from my comments.

You argue that it should Soarin should be saved because it is popular at WDW and a film about flight that ventures outside of of California's boundaries destroys the theme of DCA?

Flights take off daily from California and go all over the world. Condor Flats theme is about recognizing California's contribution to aviation, which is considerable. Part of that contribution is taking us to the ends of the earth and beyond (NASA, JPL etc.) Discovering other parts of the world is very Californian.

DCA is not Epcot. Soarin is the least popular E-Ticket at DCA. Even before Carsland you didn't see many people racing to Soarin at rope drop. There are several reasons for this. It is time for a change. I hope this rumor is true.

• Minion

^Ummmm what? While I agree with what you said, Soarin is defiantly not down in numbers of guest or least popular e-ticket. It's pretty much a 45 min-hour wait everyday.

•   
    • Minion

Highlights Include:
    - Discussion of the reality of what took place during the Toontown "bombing" and the aftermath.

Well I am glad Al cleared up what happened. So it turns out this is a common prank the CMs play on each other like a right to passage. That's a cool tradition. Unfortunately it was done during business hours which is a huge no no. In my company we do things like this to new hires as well. Obviously you need to use common sense about carrying it out.

- What's going on potentially this year at the D23 Expo
    Mostly speculation here I hope for some e-ticket announcements with some Star Wars movies info or even Avengers 2

- Soarin' Over the World/Condor Flats update could happen for 60th Anniversary

I don't hate this one but why couldn't they clean up the current movie and cycle through multiple movies. I would hate to see the original one retired forever but would be in favor of a new one added to it.

- Alice closes next year to finally redo the outdoor structure

Finally on this one bravo!!!!

- Fantasyland dark rides receiving major renovations for 60th

This sounds very promising it would even be more awesome if they announced a new dark ride for FL to be added with one of Walt's classics like Bambi, Lady and the Tramp, Fantasia or 101 dalmatians etc!

• Banned User

Soarin was the one ride that gave DCA any credibility after its disastrous opening and is one of the most loved attractions in the Disney universe. It is still very popular at DCA. I understand you want a new experience but that is one of the problems with going to the parks all the time. Heck, I find Pirates boring now, but Im certainly not arguing for Pirates to be turned into Star Wars themed boat ride to make it fun again. The park has to maintain some semblance of a tie to California and this attraction film and its scenes over the state are just extremely vital to that. I'm ok with new digital scenes of different California landscapes, but lets keep at least this one attraction that lets us appreciate the awe and beauty of the state that represents the backdrop of the park.

Are the Fantasyland dark rides going to be all shut down at once for their rumored rehab or are they each going to be shut down at a time? For example, would they shut down, say, Alice for that ride's rehab and then shut down, say, Peter Pan, when Alice reopens?
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

•   
    • Minion

I would like to see the Soarin' film cleaned up, but I would hate to see it replaced with a 'round the world' ride. We already have iasw for that! And I love the classic aviation theme - standing in line there is like getting a history lesson.

If anything, I'd love to see them do what they do with Star Tours, so that they can alternate between old and new films.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I would like to see the Soarin' film cleaned up, but I would hate to see it replaced with a 'round the world' ride. We already have iasw for that! And I love the classic aviation theme - standing in line there is like getting a history lesson.

If anything, I'd love to see them do what they do with Star Tours, so that they can alternate between old and new films.
    Yeah, I think an "around the world" concept would be too easy to do. At least with California, you had a bit more of a challenge, because you were more restricted in location.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

• The one, the only...

I really are torn about the new film for Sourin'. The California theme is so weak now at the park, that another loss of a California themed attraction seems too much. I do have a suggestion. There are two theaters at DCA. Do an updated California film and in the other theater, show the new world film. Then you make the attraction twice as attractive. Some can choose the California film and others the world film. At least then there is still some California left in the attraction.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast