Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

• Closed Account

Re: Al Report: The Reality of the Disneyland Explosion, D23 Expo, Fantasyland Updatin

if they're going to go all out on this then can they bring back the old missing '83 FX? The Toad Hall chimney smoke, the Dark Forest fog, etc. And for good measure, bring back Gepettos by just using the same vendors they use for Epcots Germany merch!

• Senior Minion

Re: Al Report: The Reality of the Disneyland Explosion, D23 Expo, Fantasyland Updatin

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    if they're going to go all out on this then can they bring back the old missing '83 FX? The Toad Hall chimney smoke, the Dark Forest fog, etc. And for good measure, bring back Gepettos by just using the same vendors they use for Epcots Germany merch!
    Good idea. And while they're at it, they can also announce that they're going to fix the broken animatronics on Radiator Springs Racers, and that they'll keep them fixed.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Good idea. And while they're at it, they can also announce that they're going to fix the broken animatronics on Radiator Springs Racers, and that they'll keep them fixed.
    But, Goebel doesn't fix broken animatronics.

• Closed Account

I really hope Pan finally gets something like Paris's FX. Larger, more detailed shaodow, more stars, rippling water, full blown pixie dust effect for Pirate Ship etc.

• "What is thy bidding?"

With all the D23 covert OPS, It would be totally awesome if they finally announced the TomorrowLand 2050 "Explosion" update. This may be why they had to increase their admission prices. Alot of things that require some pixi dust to bring back into "Disney" standards. cost some $$$$.....

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    He may have intended it as a prank, but it turned out to be much more serious. Actions have consequences and he now has to own up to his responsibility for his poor choice of actions. His prank didn't just affect his coworkers. It affected everyone who was at the park that day, the Disney corporation, and the tax payers who paid for the police and fire officials to make sure everything was ok. I don't see how this warrants only a small slap on the wrist.
    Unless he's some type of serial prankster, his punishment should be civil liability for all the damages he caused. Conviction of a felony though? Without more evidence of this kid being a really really bad apple, I think it's a bit harsh to semi-ruin this kids life for one idiotic mistake. Make him pay all the money back. I think that will be a sufficient lesson and deterrent for copycats.
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    Unless he's some type of serial prankster, his punishment should be civil liability for all the damages he caused. Conviction of a felony though? Without more evidence of this kid being a really really bad apple, I think it's a bit harsh to semi-ruin this kids life for one idiotic mistake. Make him pay all the money back. I think that will be a sufficient lesson and deterrent for copycats.
    Prosecution will ultimately be up to the DA, and this all may very well be changed to civil liability. However, he did violate the penal code. While Toontown was evacuated in a nice calm manner, the loud “bang” could very well have caused a “fire in the theater” trampling effect injuring countless people. I could see the DA going through with prosecution as a warning to others just to prevent something like that from happening.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Rock Star Minion

Seems this guy didn't get the memo NOT to pull these pranks on stage during open park hours.
    And, he might have played hookie the day that common sense was being handed out.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Seems this guy didn't get the memo NOT to pull these pranks on stage during open park hours.
    And, he might have played hookie the day that common sense was being handed out.
    No doubt, but it's still sad to see a young man's life totally screwed up over something where there was pretty obviously no intention to cause any actual damage.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Team Hail HYDRA

This maybe a little off-topic......
    Does anybody have an idea what day the parks and resorts presentation will be on?

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    No doubt, but it's still sad to see a young man's life totally screwed up over something where there was pretty obviously no intention to cause any actual damage.
    I agree. Everyone else overreacted. Could have been kept internal. So, there are others (management) who were absent on the day that common sense was handed out.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    And for good measure, bring back Gepettos by just using the same vendors they use for Epcots Germany merch!
    What vendors? And I thought Geppetto's place was now a meet-n-greet for Rapunzel. Or at least it was if Rapunzel is now at that Princess Faire thing.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I agree. Everyone else overreacted. Could have been kept internal. So, there are others (management) who were absent on the day that common sense was handed out.

Once law enforcement is called then you can no longer keep it internal. Was Disney park management lacking in common sense by calling law enforcement when a bag of trash explodes? Quite to the contrary, they would be derelict in their duty to guests and other cast members by not calling LE. What if this was just the first of other explosive devices planted around the park? Until everything is secured and investigated they don't know.

Concerns about this young man's life being ruined are probably unwarranted. Typically crime suspects are charged with the most serious crime(s) possible and then are offered lesser charges in exchange for guilty pleas. You may have heard of it, it's called plea bargaining. My prediction is that his charge will be reduced to a misdemeanor in exchange for a guilty plea.

I like change for soarin!

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Cjedwards44 View Post
    I like change for soarin!
    CHANGE! Ya got change!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast