Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

• -

Re: Al Report: The Reality of the Disneyland Explosion, D23 Expo, Fantasyland Updatin

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    No doubt, but it's still sad to see a young man's life totally screwed up over something where there was pretty obviously no intention to cause any actual damage.
    It doesn’t matter if he intended to cause actual damage. He intended to pull off the prank. Under the doctrine of transferred intent, the intent transfers to the damage that was caused. At the least you could say that he was negligent because he knew or should have known that setting off a small explosion “on stage” in a crowded area of the park could cause a panic and an investigation especially in the post-Boston and post-9/11 era.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

•   
    • Minion

Re: Al Report: The Reality of the Disneyland Explosion, D23 Expo, Fantasyland Updatin

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    It doesn’t matter if he intended to cause actual damage. He intended to pull off the prank. Under the doctrine of transferred intent, the intent transfers to the damage that was caused. At the least you could say that he was negligent because he knew or should have known that setting off a small explosion “on stage” in a crowded area of the park could cause a panic and an investigation especially in the post-Boston and post-9/11 era.
    Yup. This guy wasn't at a frat house party or school, he was out in the real world and he was working in a public, very crowded place. His actions had serious ramifications. At 19 or 22 I would expect someone to have the foresight to understand that putting an explosive device in a garbage can in a crowded place could at the very least cause panic, and at the most result in serious injury.

I don't know what Disney could have done differently here. There's an old saying that you don't take someone's promises seriously, but you always, always, take them at their word on their threats. If they hadn't called the police after the explosion, we'd all be screaming about how negligent they were, and how they didn't take it seriously. If something explodes, they have an obligation to investigate, and that includes contacting law enforcement.

Ten to one, some of those panicked park guests might have been on the phone to 911, too, regardless of what Disney did or didn't do.

It's a stupid prank and it's a shame that it happened. It's a shame this young man didn't have more foresight. Hopefully when it goes to court the judge will take all of that into account, it will be plea bargained down, and he won't end up as a felon. However, this is unfortunately an instance where there are consequences for one's actions, and in this case it includes criminal charges.
    Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

I'm in agreement on you with this one. Soarin Over The World would be fine for the other Disney parks, but not here in California. Our state has so much diversity, you wouldn't need to show the world in order to entertain. California has all the diverse landscapes you would need to catch everyone's interest. Perfect example; the attraction's popularity over at Epcot. It's all about California, right down to the flyover of Disneyland. And that ride is wildly popular.

• Sock Puppet

As long as Soarin Over the World starts off in CA and 'lands' in CA then Ill be fine with it. But to just have a film all about cities from around the world with little to no CA representation would be really stupid.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
    As long as Soarin Over the World starts off in CA and 'lands' in CA then Ill be fine with it. But to just have a film all about cities from around the world with little to no CA representation would be really stupid.
    Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding ! We have a winning idea.

Quote Originally Posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
    Yes! Take off and land in California and in between visit other places around the world. California theme intact.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I've been promoting the idea of one bay being the existing SOARIN OVER CALIFORNIA and the second bay showing SOARIN OVER THE WORLD with an indicator "DOMESTIC" and "INTL" for each line. Essentially having two different choices. But, it's true that demand for INTL. will exceed that for the old film when it's installed, so maybe this idea is a better one.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Carmatts View Post
    Take off and land in California and in between visit other places around the world. California theme intact.
    I don't get it. By that logic the Adventureland theme would be intact if the boats left the jungle river dock, visited the Mississippi River, Ganges and Seine, and returned to the jungle river dock.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    I don't get it. By that logic the Adventureland theme would be intact if the boats left the jungle river dock, visited the Mississippi River, Ganges and Seine, and returned to the jungle river dock.
    Ever been to LAX or SFO? They have these machines which take off and fly you all over the world.

And as to your example, explain how you get from the Amazon to the Nile on a Jungle Cruise.

• Minion

Adventure land theme is the rainforest and tropical regions of the world, Condor Flats and in turn Soarin is themed to California's history in aviation which would involve such feats like traveling through regions of the world.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Ever been to LAX or SFO? They have these machines which take off and fly you all over the world.
    Then the theme is world travel.

But saying it's a "California" theme simply because you leave from and return to California? Uh-uh. You can leave from and return to any airport in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Adventure land theme is the rainforest and tropical regions of the world, Condor Flats and in turn Soarin is themed to California's history in aviation which would involve such feats like traveling through regions of the world.
    Aviation was developed in the U.S., Britain and Europe. California has no more claim to aviation as "Californian" than it has to beachside amusement parks, mermaids, talking cartoon cars, dancing water shows or animated toys that come alive in boys' bedrooms.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

But saying it's a "California" theme simply because you leave from and return to California? Uh-uh. You can leave from and return to any airport in the world.

Aviation was developed in the U.S., Britain and Europe. California has no more claim to aviation as "Californian" than it has to beachside amusement parks, mermaids, talking cartoon cars, dancing water shows or animated toys that come alive in boys' bedrooms.
    Imaginashton stated themed to California's history in aviation. Not that California invented aviation.
    Also doesn't the great rivers of America take you through multiple rivers that in real life never connect? So I can't believe my little hang glider can't travel the world. And if its a California airport and ties in California why can't it work.

I see no harm no foul here.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

The take off and landings would need to be in California.

• Minion

As said before me I know CA didn't invent air travel, there's just a very rich history with aviation in CA . Of course there have been aviation accomplishments in other countries of the world, but the parks not about any of those other regions, it's about California so of course they're going to narrow down on a certain aspect even if its also part of other regions of the world.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by d.N.d. View Post
    Also doesn't the great rivers of America take you through multiple rivers that in real life never connect?
    But you never leave the American rivers. It’s not called Rivers of America and you are suddenly cruising down the Thames. Just like I wouldn’t expect to go into a park about California and go sight seeing in Paris.

Quote Originally Posted by d.N.d. View Post
    And if its a California airport and ties in California why can't it work.
    For the same reason that simply being a movie doesn’t mean that something fits into Hollywoodland.
    Last edited by calsig31; 06-13-2013 at 04:47 PM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast