Lone Ranger premiere prep- what to expect?

My upcoming DLR trip (June 18-22) lands right in the time when they need to get DCA ready for the premiere. Does anyone have an idea of what to expect during those days?

• really is a small world

Re: Lone Ranger premiere prep- what to expect?

Similar to the setup for the Pirates of the Caribbean premieres, the main entrance will be very crowded. Al Lutz mentioned in his latest article that the day of the premiere the entrance flow will be diverted around Soarin' Over California and into the park that way.
    Welcome to DisneyDose.com. We write about the latest in Disney news, views, and reviews. Come check us out.

We recently spent 3 Epic hours in Disneyland and went to Club 33, had a private elevator in the Haunted Mansion, and rode all of our favorite attractions. Read all about it!

"It is kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

• Seeker of Fun

Hoping crowds are not insane...but hey, it's Disney, they obviously don't care about guest satisfaction. As long as people keep paying to get in.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    Hoping crowds are not insane...but hey, it's Disney, they obviously don't care about guest satisfaction. As long as people keep paying to get in.
    I might be missing something, but these two concepts are not at all related. If there's a special event, then obviously there are going to be crowds.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by caseyj View Post
    My upcoming DLR trip (June 18-22) lands right in the time when they need to get DCA ready for the premiere. Does anyone have an idea of what to expect during those days?
    Aladdin won't be showing the 20-22. Other shows will continue on. Even on the 22, Red Trolley News Boys will play all day, only the Five and Dime have been canceled.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Expect some areas of the park to be closed earlier than normal, and crowds being funneled though the side entrance of the main gate. I would anticipate some of the DCA crowd migrating over to Disneyland as well.

I would try to avoid DCA completely to be honest.

I'm more worried on how it will look the preceding days; my trip falls on the exact same dates as yours, and I am really worried that they are going to junk up all the theming for BVS the whole time I'm there

We are actually going to be in the park the 19th-21st so I too am more worried about the prep that precedes the event. Feel like I dodged a bullet by driving home on the 22nd.

Great question.
    We will be there 20-23, but we are not going to the park on the 22nd. Wondering about prep work we planned spending the evening of the 21st in DCA and checking out Mad Tea Party for the first time. It is still on the calendar we will see. It would be nice if the calendar was updated for this event.

This one time on Friends . . .